Sign in to follow this  
shay224

What to do when watch arrives...

shay224

hello all!

so my first rep will be coming soon and was wondering if anyone out there does a quality check on the watch when it arrives. I do not have any tools, or much knowledge yet about how the reps are put together. For a newb...is there much I can do to check if all the screws are tight, etc.? It is a Pam111. I remember seeing an article posted somewhere about what some people do to check the watches out, but seems to advanced for me to want to take apart my first rep.

i'll assume most people will say to just check if there are any physical damages, wind up the watch, and wear it proud. Do I have to be careful of anything with Pam reps when winding the watch? i got the Pam111 cause it is simple, no date, no chrono's.

Thanks!

-Shay

kid8

This is a great read for what to look for when a new watch arrives:

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=17441

If you don't feel comfortable doing all of that, at least check the crown guard screws and the strap that nothing is loose with the possibility of falling out. As far as winding goes, just take it easy, go slow and as soon as you feel the slightest bit of resistance, stop.

Enjoy the new watch!

SB56667

Good call, Kid -- you beat me to it! :thumbsup:

myaz

You're on the right track.

I have had several reps come in with loose screws. One almost took a dive on concrete when a screw holding the bracelet came off 1/2 hour after I first put it on..

Good idea to invest in a cheap screwdriver to check them screws. Otherwise, feel free to enjoy.

While Silverspeed's post is splendid, I'll bet very very few are the ones that actually pop the back off to check for stray pubes and the such :giggle: . And I'm not saying you shouldn't.

+1 on Kid8's advice about winding.

HeavyKrush

Grab a cheap tool kit for Amazon or the better tool kit from this site. Just about every watch I've received needed some work. From a dirty movement with a display case back to a busted clasp. You'll be glad you have the right tool for the job.

YoungGPS

Better idea, since your investing in tools. Check the RWG shop for the tool set. Best quality and price! :D

powderfreak

Wind it :johng:

dingle

or if your HWG, sell it :lol:

powderfreak

or if your HWG, sell it :lol:

:lmao2: