Sign in to follow this  
krishogarth

Hello from Virginia

krishogarth

So a little introduction......

32 years old, buying a genuine Breitling while in the carribean, and searching around on the web for my next purchase I stumbled upong this freaking awesome site (Along with RWI)! I think ive been around for a few months now and am totally and utterly addicted :( (Not good for the wallet or my marriage) in the last 2 motnhs I have obtained the following and will give my feedback on them:

BK's Blue Ceramic Sub:

Phenomonal! Everything I could hope for....Took it to a local pawn shop that works with various gen's from different high end manufacturers and said it looked great. Needed to lube the casing and crown, and pressure tested to 10 ATM : Result = passed! Not going to use it for diving but great to know it can get wet without any issues. (Additional cost $45 on top of watch cost)

Timesshop.net : Rolex Explorer I

Great lookign rep! Took to the same watchmaker as above. Said it was one of the highest quality reps he had ever seen. (even asked me how i got it, how did it make it through customs etc, then said he'd heard of RWG, but not really enough to realise the quality these days of replicas) same again, lubricated and replaced a gasket, pressure tested to 10ATM : Result = PASS (Additional cost $45 on top of watch cost)

Hont watch (Not a TD Here, but is on RWI so gave him a try)

Rolex submariner no date (No rehaut engraving) : Great rep again, feels slightly ont he light side, pearl could do with being modded....other than that, cant complain. About to be pressure tested tomorrow

Panerai Beverley Hills edition (Pig) If i didnt know better and someone took this thing off and handed it to me, i'd swear it was real! unbelievable quality all around.

Rolex Oyster Perpetual date just (Two Tone) Looked great, bought as a gift to my father.

Breitling B01: Great reo, amazing detail on Braclet, face and bezel the only thing that annoys the hell out of me is the sunken date wheel :(

Omega PO : Dissapointed :( The watch itself looked ok from the get go. The pearl was pretty lame (crack through it) but that wasnt the end of the world. The overall quality of the bracelet appeared to be good, but here were other major problems i wasnt aware of: Took it to the watchmaker to look at the crown (When ever i tried to push it in to close the crown it would wind the watch, and sometimes change the date) turns out the stem was to short, and there were other parts inside the watch that were not polished enough to work in the correct way. he is ordering parts and will give me an update shortly on what needs to be done.

Omega M300 Chrono: Very dissapointed The watch was dead on arrival, the bezel was loose and would turn with the slightest pressure and there was a blue paint on the crown and chrono buttons which was a pain ion the ass to remove. The strap felt cheap, the whole watch was not good. I have shipped this back and asked for an exchange to different watch completley (this whole expreience has turned me off omega reps)

All in all the reps I have gotten so far have well surpassed my expectations (barring the omegas), and I'm hungry for more! I have just wired to the money to BK for his DSSD, but am unsure of what the hell to get next! there are som many options out there it;s hard to make a decision. I'm considering a patek but not really sure if thats my style. Panerai is growing on me every minute of the day, and I have pretty small wrists i always thought, the more I wear it the more i like it though!

Anyone else have similar tastes in watches to me? if so I'd welcome any recomendations for my next purchases.

BluffCityBandit

Tough luck on the Omega's. Reviews of that one scared me away already.

Seem to have similar taste to you and own/owned a few of these. How do you feel about a TAG? Carrera day date calibre 16 is fantastic IMO.

Personally I've been looking real hard at the Explorer II (white dial).

myaz

Congrats and you may need to take a step back and breathe deeply. The reps will still be there tomorrow. :giggle:

Your taste runs along majority party lines here!!! Still a little light on PAMS, though.

My first rep also was the BK smurfmariner. He was at the top of the list of TDs, so I looked there first, and I made the mistake of opening his SubC blue offering with this full screen shot of blue bliss. Crap. Well, it's my only rollie rep.

HeavyKrush

Sorry to hear about the Omegas. I have 2 PO's now a cheapy and a noe one and they are both fantastic. Wish I had a watch smith that worked on reps.

krishogarth

Thanks for the replies.

I do like TAG, I think its a mental block I have that every tag I see is fake though (not sure why, maybe it's from my younger years of being on vacation with the lucky lucky man and his watch jacket) I'm starting to warm up to them the more I search around though! PAM's are growing on me like wildfire.... In the same thinking, to me a lot of the PAM's look very alike. I do love a lot of the other Breitlings out there, but i think they are going to be way to big for my wrist (especially thickness) I was very supprised to see the DSSD was as comfotable as it was though (Tried gen on at AD)

I know the reps will still be here tomorrow :-P

I'm a little impatient though, hehe, i actyually annoy myself constantly tracking packages to a point that when i see "arrived at sorting center JFK" i almost have to go out for a drink, to calm myslef down. Not sure what it is that I love about watches so much. Sometimes I wish i hated them!

krishogarth

Tough luck on the Omega's. Reviews of that one scared me away already.

Seem to have similar taste to you and own/owned a few of these. How do you feel about a TAG? Carrera day date calibre 16 is fantastic IMO.

Personally I've been looking real hard at the Explorer II (white dial).

The bezel on exp II scares me a little. I love the classic look of the Explorer I, not sure about the II though, maybe it will grow on me over time

gates06

Welcome from a fellow Virginian!

krishogarth

Welcome from a fellow Virginian!

Where abouts?

gates06

Christiansburg

krishogarth

Christiansburg

Thats a fair drive from me! Virginia Beach here....wife went to Tech though ;-)

gates06

Christiansburg

Thats a fair drive from me! Virginia Beach here....wife went to Tech though ;-)

I am a fellow Hokie. :thumbsup:

YoungGPS

Sad to know about the Omega's. Pam's or IWC would be good options. Welcome and happy hunting! :band:

krishogarth

Just recieved my DSSD from BK, looks awesome, apart from the clasp has some issues. He's sending me a new one though. Was a little suprised at the "ring lock" etc text....looks like its a little pushed out to the outside of the watch, than what I would expect. Apart from that the watch looks mint.

I'll post pictures of all of these tomorrow

krishogarth

well, here some pics from my collection since joining this site:

IMG_2604.jpg

IMG_2605.jpg

IMG_2613.jpg

IMG_2614.jpg

IMG_2615.jpg

IMG_2616.jpg

IMG_2617.jpg

IMG_2618.jpg

Balad1

Great looking collection KH; Welcome from a Marylander living in the Aloha state.

James.

I thought the thread title was "Hello from Vagina"

Needless to say, I now feel very disapointed.

But, nice watches above, especially that 412 :thumbsup:

J.Eric

Hello and Welcome!!

krishogarth

Lol!

Thanks man, still trying to get into the PAMS, the more I wear that the more it grows on me each time. was looking at one of these thats for sale over on rwi, anyone have any input on quality for the price? http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/fs-2-pam-112986.html (Not sure I'm allowed to link here :-/)

I thought the thread title was "Hello from Vagina"

Needless to say, I now feel very disapointed.

But, nice watches above, especially that 412 :thumbsup:

Balad1

No problem with links to most sites, other than say sites like: repwatchscammingmotherfucker.com.

I'm no Pam expert but that's a lot of cash...

krishogarth

Yeah, that was my thinking, although they have GEN casebacks,and some other mods made to them....I could buy two for that price, and who really ever sees the caseback and screws in the movement apart from me right?!

No problem with links to most sites, other than say sites like: repwatchscammingmotherfucker.com.

I'm no Pam expert but that's a lot of cash...

James.

IMO it's not worth it, the CP fix is something 99% of panerai owners wouldnt notice and the gear train and polished teeth fix is something you'd only know about if you were planning on holding your rep next to the gen. IMO these are much, much better value

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=29902

Don't forget , reps will always, always have a tell. No matter how much you spend on modding them, someone, somewhere will be able to spot the difference. I know plenty of gen rolex, panerai, omega even patek owners, none have ever said anything about my reps as to their authenticity rather then "nice watch"

Just because someone owns a $20,000 watch doesn't make them a horologist.

krishogarth

Also, got the pam with Asia 6497-2 movement.....Anyone have any input on that vs the Swiss apart from the noise difference?

krishogarth

Thanks for the advice!

I understand there are always flaws. I'm a bit of a perfecionist in most things I do, so sometimesI can get a little carried away. However, I just need to remember that yes, these are infact Reps....damn good ones of course, but not the same as gens. Cant believe how addicting this stuff is though! I love it :)

IMO it's not worth it, the CP fix is something 99% of panerai owners wouldnt notice and the gear train and polished teeth fix is something you'd only know about if you were planning on holding your rep next to the gen. IMO these are much, much better value

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=29902

Don't forget , reps will always, always have a tell. No matter how much you spend on modding them, someone, somewhere will be able to spot the difference. I know plenty of gen rolex, panerai, omega even patek owners, none have ever said anything about my reps as to their authenticity rather then "nice watch"

Just because someone owns a $20,000 watch doesn't make them a horologist.

James.

I agree, I'd much prefer the rep to be as acurate to the gen as possible, to a point though. For example, you know your blue BK ceramic sub? The real thing is meant to be white gold.

If only this "hobby" weren't so damn addicitve, imaging how much richer we'd all be :facepalm:

krishogarth

Yep, I knew that....$20k + watch i believe, but looking at pictures (not the gen) it looks prety damn close, I took it to a local pawn shop where the guy rebuilds rolexes all day long. He said it was one of the best copies he had ever seen, to the point of mentioning the blue was off though (He had a dark blue Two tone rolex on though :-/) passed 10atm test after replacing gasket on back, and lubing threads/ crown. I'll be honest, I wear the blue sub 90% of the time and I'll take a $20k looking watch for $450 bucks anyday! I'm not sure I'd be richer without this addiction..... I'd Probably just own 2 gens instead of having a load of watches to choose from! I like this way much better

I agree, I'd much prefer the rep to be as acurate to the gen as possible, to a point though. For example, you know your blue BK ceramic sub? The real thing is meant to be white gold.

If only this "hobby" weren't so damn addicitve, imaging how much richer we'd all be :facepalm: