Sign in to follow this  
badproxy

Advice between 057 & 029

badproxy

Hey guys, I'm new here but wanted to thank you all for this incredible resource. I am trying to decide between the PAM 057: http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k515/dsnwatches/Pam%2044mm%20Power%20Reserve%20with%20sopord%20movt/New%20pam%20057C/

..And the PAM 029.

I'm looking for a relatively basic-looking Panerai with a brown leather strap. I've read that the 029 V2 is one of the best replicas out there, so here is my question to you all...

Which of the two is the better replica and can someone link me to a reputable dealer for each watch? I can't seem to find that specific titanium 057 anywhere and I want to be sure I'm getting the best version of the 029 with the correct strap and all.

Thanks in advance!

DannyBoy818

any of our TD's are able to get that watch for you. a couple of the members have the 57. No rep will be perfect to the gen. It is what it is a rep. There will always be minor tells that will let you know its a rep. Best thing to do is contact any of the TD and ask them questions. They will all be helpful and make sure you will find what you are looking for. Strap and all. I prefer the 57 just cuz its different.

HWG

Basic looking would be the pam111 or the 005 or 318, even the 177 if you prefer a TI case. The 029 is a bit busier dial with the tuxedo stripe dial, GMT function, and date window.

Do lots of reading and check with the trusted dealers, you will be happy with them, as they are trusted for a reason. :)

Ps, welcome aboard!

myaz

Welcome.

Good news here is that the basic PAMs, those without complications, are easy to rep, hence they're closer to the gen than many other brands and are fun to get straps for.

For closest accuracy to the gen, there's this thread on super reps.

Do some more research because while TDs will answer questions, english is not their best language, by and large they're small operations and can easily get flooded by a ton of e-mails.

NFleischer

Actually DSN may be the only dealer to get the 057, that's a special watch with unusual expensive Swiss mov't. Its a beautiful piece IMO.

Any TD can get the 029 Swiss or Asian mov'ts.

badproxy

Actually DSN may be the only dealer to get the 057, that's a special watch with unusual expensive Swiss mov't. Its a beautiful piece IMO.

In a recent review here: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=31693, the reviewer said that the DSN strap was cheap and felt like cardboard. Are dealers typically willing to exchange for different straps? Also, DSN is not listed on the TD page, but it seems he has done business with several people around here. I imagine it is safe to deal with him?

TIA

myaz

Members here have done well with DSN (Davidsen).

See here and here among many other examples.

For everything else, may I extol the use of out TDs, a raison d'être for our forum, giving us extra bargaining power with TDs.

As for straps. reps routinely come with entry level straps from the factories. The TD doesn't want to be stuck with a useless strap. Keep it as a spare and look for the one you want. Careful, prices go up freely.

Luthier

090 is more beautiful, than 057, if we're talking about PAM with PR.

029 is a classic. I've heard it's hard to find now.

Straps? All replicas straps are crap, and should be replaces, so, don't pay attention.

ALE7575

If you are looking just for the best replica, this is PAM 029 V2 Noob, one of the best replicas ever made.

The good replica Pam 057 is only made by Davidsen DSN and it i s expensive due to a gen movement. there is a recent review here by machiavegli. It is an awesome watch.

If you need more information read:

"Reference PAM REVIEW-GUIDE" - Replica Search, Identification, Evaluation & Selection

http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/reference-pam-review-107365.html?p=1050975

ALE

Sultan Brunei

Straps? All replicas straps are crap, and should be replaces, so, don't pay attention.

090 is more beautiful than 057, but 090 has much worse movement (a21j) than 057 (2836-2 soprod), right? ;)

machiavegli

This is the first time I've --ever-- disagreed with Luth, who is a true genius in rep-dom but NOT a pam fan. I have the 057C, and just got the Toro Assolutamente XL strap to complement it, and I can't recommend it more highly. The large central seconds hand is smooth as butter and the PR module is identical to gen. The only flaw I -thought- I found was serial number related, and I was wrong! The only maker, a TD on RWI and used by MANY of us here, is Davidsen (DSN), and the price has gone down from $700+ about a year ago to only $600. Check my review below, and get the 057c. The 090 is by NO way more beautiful. Also check the ALE PAM review.

I'm sorry Luthier, you are still my idol,

Mach

REVIEW LINK:

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=31693

UmpaHimself

Basic looking would be the pam111 or the 005 or 318, even the 177 if you prefer a TI case. The 029 is a bit busier dial with the tuxedo stripe dial, GMT function, and date window.

Do lots of reading and check with the trusted dealers, you will be happy with them, as they are trusted for a reason. :)

Ps, welcome aboard!

+1

Welcome :)