Sign in to follow this  
olly593

Anyone from the UK ever bought from Jomashop?

olly593

I'm after a Seiko diver and the UK prices are mad compared to the US ones.

I'm thinking something like this for $130 it seems to be a bargain http://www.jomashop.com/seiko-watch-snzf47.html they say they do ship to the UK but i don't really wanna be hit by the high import rates etc, anyone order from them or have any suggestions? Or am i best trying to buy a second hand one from someone in America and getting them to ship?

DarkGlass

Come on Olly take the plunge, what would the duty be? £30 including vat, you know u wanna..................

onionbag

Edited.

olly593

Edited.

?

Come on Olly take the plunge, what would the duty be? £30 including vat, you know u wanna..................

Damn your right, resistance is futile whats a bit more tax on top of what we pay on petrol and booze

onionbag

Edited.

?

Damn your right, resistance is futile whats a bit more tax on top of what we pay on petrol and booze

I misread your OP. I was going to say that you may well be hit with import duty irrespective of the source, American sellers are notorious for dutifully filling in the customs declaration.

I hope this clears up my little mystery. :D

DarkGlass

Phone up the filth and ask what the duty is gonna be you will get charged vat@20%, plus import duty, it's not a rep. and in lots of cases duty is actually not that much!

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/customs/tax-and-duty.htm

Balad1

Have a US member buy the watch for you and ship it to you, claiming the customs value at $20 and call it a watch band.

The Priority mail cost is $16.95 from the US to the UK.

Additionally as long as it's purchased in a state other than NY there is no sales tax.

I recently shipped 6-7 reps to the UK without any issues.

If you need help let me know.

onionbag

Good man Ted, but all fine and dandy.................'til it goes missing or gets busted in transit. :(

DarkGlass

" Have a US member buy the watch for you and ship it to you, claiming the customs value at $20 and call it a watch band.

Additionally as long as it's purchased in a state other than NY there is no sales tax.

If you need help let me know."

Actually Ted I've been long considering a wrapped tt sub from Trusty, living in a village full of political subterfuge makes money transfers etc nearly impossible for me, can you sort out the payment and I'll square things with you at the next mess dinner? Either that or put it on Greens chit

Balad1

Good man Ted, but all fine and dandy.................'til it goes missing or gets busted in transit. :(

True true.

Balad1

" Have a US member buy the watch for you and ship it to you, claiming the customs value at $20 and call it a watch band.

If you need help let me know."

Actually Ted I've been long considering a wrapped tt sub from Trusty, living in a village full of political subterfuge makes money transfers etc nearly impossible for me, can you sort out the payment and I'll square things with you next time yr over here?

Money transfers between US and foreign banks isn't as easy or as cheap as in the EU/UK, PayPal would be the best method to move funds.

I'd be glad to help if needed in the future.

DarkGlass

Ted I was joking mate, hence I changed my post, it's the slight differences and naunces in our common language!

Bloody nice thing to do though well done you

Balad1

Ted I was joking mate, hence I changed my post, it's the slight differences and naunces in our common language!

Bloody nice thing to do though well done you

Got it, lol

Crusader

Or you can ask him to write the value of 5 or 20 $, some sellers are flexible and willing to help.

olly593

Have a US member buy the watch for you and ship it to you, claiming the customs value at $20 and call it a watch band.

If you need help let me know.

Cheer's thanks Balad, this is why i love this place. I'll have a look around.