Sign in to follow this  
007omegafan

Which Omega PO to Buy From WI?

007omegafan

So I've been in touch with Mary (who is very nice) and am set on buying the PO that they have available. They've informed me that they can get the same watch with either of the following three movements (otherwise it's identical they said).

Asian A4813 ($178)

Asian ETA ($281)

Swiss ETA ($350)

Which of these movements is "best". I put best in quotes because I'm sure the most expensive Swiss is technically the nicest or most complicated but we all know that bang for the buck and most expensive don't always go together.

Rochest told me the A4813 is just as nice for most purposes but that the Asian ETA is, for some, worth the extra cash. He also mentioned that the Swiss is most accurate.

So, which would you guys suggest? This will be my first rep (I'm sure I"ll end up with a collection one day) so I want to get a nice one and am happy spending the extra money if it will last longer, be more accurate, et.c.. but I'm just not sure if it's practically better or if it's just bragging rights to have an ETA. Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_3416.jpg

Is there any other PO that is a higher quality rep or is this as nice as they get? I may also want to have it "modded" to be even more accurate but I guess i can cross that bridge when I get there...

watchman12345

Asian ETA would be my choice.

dalboy

Havn't you kind of answered you own question.??

Dal...

Luthier

Asian ETA would be my choice.

+1M.

007omegafan

Looks like Asian ETA it is.. Unless is the Swiss ETA actually better? Or just more prestigious?

Luthier

Just.

And only you would know it.

007omegafan
Just.

And only you would know it.

Just?

Luthier

Or just more prestigious?

This.

007omegafan

Ok cool so Asian ETA it is :)

Now I need to figure out what mods to do to it :)

Luthier

What mods? No need any, this watch is very good already. Maybe Superlume.

dator

Those prices correct ? They seem high

007omegafan
Those prices correct ? They seem high
That's including shipping and the paypal fees.. That's "all in" costs.

What is the superlume? I have so much o learn :)

grgz

This looks absolutely beautiful : http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=29993

I want to go about doing those mods if needed,

The Wiz is a wizard indeed. I will ask for his advice also as soon as he returns from holiday.

007omegafan

Now I'm stuck... I can't decide if I want to proceed with the PO from Mary (with Asian ETA) or if I want to buy the 007 50th anniversary with Asian ETA from Josh at Perfect Clones...> ARGHHHH if only I could afford both

Luthier

First - don't buy from dropshippers, you'll have zero quality control.

Second - 50th Anniversary isn't the best Omega, IMHO.

Third - buy nice PO and you'll be happy to the rest of your life. Especially if there's orange bezel option.

P1090091.jpg

007omegafan

Question, I'm considering now purchasing this Rolex Pro Hunter instead of the PO... any thoughts?

IMG_4369.jpg

I may end up getting both but figured I'd ask for feedback from the pros.. which would be more "accurate" as a rep; the PO or the Pro Hunter?

James.

Get the po, much better quality and accuracy

seclark007

OK, dude, yer gonna have to calm down or you're heading for a stroke! Oh, and I'm not being hard or difficult....we all went through it. Ya gotta pace yourself!

If you go into 10:10 thread you'll see my PO that he did up for me. http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=23745 He fixed up the movement and superlumed the dial. With the PO, as Luthier has suggested, you will have a good decent watch with the Asian ETA...especially a pumpkin :) Admire that one for a bit, while you save the money for the other. As for my 3 and 4 cents on the issue, I have just recently sold my DSSD, because I didn't like the way it rode on my wrist...and damn near twice the weight as the PO, so you need to be aware of that. I really wanted to like my DSSD - even had the double red version - but my friend Richard picks it up on Saturday

007omegafan

Thanks for the words and, looking at it, you're right on the height of the watch. The reason I started looking elsewhere from Mary and Rochest is because they couldn't source out this watch.. which my buddy wanted to order along with mine.. figured we'd get two at the same time to avoid some of the shipping costs :)