Sign in to follow this  
Leedsbear

007 Omega fans - 50th edition from Perfect Clones

g.man
:rofl:

Diego_UK

Sorry, it's a no from me.

8f034db553060bcc2794bf22e6becd19.jpg

I know where you're coming from Cyril, and I agree. It's a hunk of shit, but I've been waiting too damn long! IT'S CLOSE ENOUGH DAMMIT! :D

Cyril_Clunge

I know where you're coming from Cyril, and I agree. It's a hunk of shit, but I've been waiting too damn long! IT'S CLOSE ENOUGH DAMMIT! :D

Then you buy it and enjoy it mate, the day I become the arbiter of good taste is the day we might as well all just kill ourselves :)

Diego_UK

Then you buy it and enjoy it mate, the day I become the arbiter of good taste is the day we might as well all just kill ourselves :)

Haha will do Cyril, cheers!

deadmeat

Ok here is the one I got from Josh recently. Perfect? Hell no. Serviceable? Shit yes. Do I like it? Abso-fucking-lutley. But I'm an Omega sucker - just hate the pain-in-the-ass buckles Omega does - takes me 10 minutes to get the dam things on every time.

0dabe839.jpg

41a9c807.jpg

483e5c8c.jpg

bf4152f6.jpg

e4775989.jpg

e2bb51c7.jpg

Diego_UK

Ok here is the one I got from Josh recently. Perfect? Hell no. Serviceable? Shit yes. Do I like it? Abso-fucking-lutley. But I'm an Omega sucker - just hate the pain-in-the-ass buckles Omega does - takes me 10 minutes to get the dam things on every time.

41a9c807.jpg

e4775989.jpg

0dabe839.jpg

483e5c8c.jpg

bf4152f6.jpg

e2bb51c7.jpg

YUP. I'm in love. Only thing I don't like is the clasp is wrong... but that can be easily fixed. Is this the 21j or the more expensive version?

deadmeat

Cheaper one - I think it was like $130 (so yea, 21j)

Luthier

Total shit.

Don't want even to comment.

Diego_UK

Total shit.

Don't want even to comment.

No no Luthier, tell us how you really feel. :D

Diego_UK

Cheaper one - I think it was like $130 (so yea, 21j)

Not bad at all for $130... I will absolutely be picking one up. Thanks for the info deadmeat!

Luthier

Naaahhh... Josh already sent ninjas to my place...

:D

Diego_UK

Naaahhh... Josh already sent ninjas to my place...

:D

:ninja:

007omegafan

Why are people so harsh on this one? I decided to just get the PO from Mary at WI but this isn't THAT bad... or maybe I'm failing to notice stuff as a noob. The "happy feet" are off and the pearl sucks.. but what else is wrong?

deadmeat

Hour markers not perfect (especially the 12 - very badly aligned), lume pretty weak, pearl eats ass, dial not 100%, bracelet clasp pin sucks, a few others. All of that being said, I consider most pretty minor and I have a philosophy on reps anyway - I look at them like "raw materials". I have a pretty good shop and at least mediocre watch repair skills (for now - getting better all the time), so I can fix a lot of minor issues. I like the general look and feel of the piece and will be correcting most of the other issues. So for not much dough and a couple hours on the bench, a serviceable piece.

Diego_UK

Hour markers not perfect (especially the 12 - very badly aligned), lume pretty weak, pearl eats ass, dial not 100%, bracelet clasp pin sucks, a few others. All of that being said, I consider most pretty minor and I have a philosophy on reps anyway - I look at them like "raw materials". I have a pretty good shop and at least mediocre watch repair skills (for now - getting better all the time), so I can fix a lot of minor issues. I like the general look and feel of the piece and will be correcting most of the other issues. So for not much dough and a couple hours on the bench, a serviceable piece.

Are the pictures you posted pre or post-work? Because yours looks awesome!

deadmeat

Those are actually pre-work of any kind (out of the box)

Diego_UK

Very nice! I'm not hesitating then, this is a must-buy for me. If anything it will serve as a tester to see how much I'll like the gen once I have the money. Thanks for all the info, deadmeat!

deadmeat

Very nice! I'm not hesitating then, this is a must-buy for me. If anything it will serve as a tester to see how much I'll like the gen once I have the money. Thanks for all the info, deadmeat!

Do it man - like I said - not the greatest rep ever, but you will really enjoy it and get nice compliments. I think it's a nice middle-of-the-road piece that I have been digging for the last week.

WebWind

This is bullshit for 138 USD.

I hope that Skyfall version will not be @#$%^&^ like this.

Geof

Just a heads up for those expecting a diamond at the 7:00 position - That's only on the smaller 36mm ladies version.

From OMEGA's site: "The James Bond 007 50th Anniversary Collector's Piece is based on the Seamaster 300M, seen from GoldenEye onwards. Unlike the original novels, this isn’t a male-only world: the watch comes in two sizes – 41mm and 36.25mm, the latter being designed to decorate a woman’s wrist and is recognisable by a diamond hour marker at the numeral seven position."

clutchrep

Can someone share QC pics of this Omega James 50 year edition?