Sign in to follow this  
dator

Random thoughts ... trip to AD/boutique

dator

Hi all,

Just some random thoughts from a trip to an AD today. Couple of poor-quality snaps from the iPhone.

I went because I was considering a Gen PO 42mm ( almost pulled the trigger on the bay ), but backed out at the last ....uhhhh second.

Anyways, some quick context .... 6.75~ inch wrist ( yeah I know ), 42mm diver seems perfect for me. I've a couple of Pam 44mm, they are fine too.

I have a PO 42mm and a Sub-C 40mm ... and both are ok, albeit it a bit small for my taste...

Anyways...

- I'm glad I didn't buy the gen PO 42mm. The reps here are such high quality, its hard to justify 10x on a gen. I think I'll save it for something that can't be repped as well.

Also goes for the Rolex Sub. Apart from really stand-out discrepancies ( I'm talkin bout you, pearl ), they are so so close.

- The 45.5 mm PO is actually kinda ok on my wrist - I think I'll get one(rep) !

snip.jpg

- The new 42mm ( 8500 )... I just didn't like it. It looks ok in pics, but wears TALL ... too tall for my liking with regards to its width. Maybe the 45mm is more proportioned for those who can pulll that off.

IMG_1299.jpg

- The Aqua Terra ( 41.5 mm ? ) is stunning - looks classy and reacts amazingly to the light . Obviously my poor photos can't do it justice.

IMG_1301.jpg

Thanks for reading...

( any thoughts on the PO 45 on a smaller wrist welcomed :) )

Edited by dator

Member X

If you like the 45mm PO, get it. You have to wear it, do not worry what others think ;):)