Sign in to follow this  
trailboss99

Pics from the Sydney GTG.

trailboss99

Here are some pics.

DSC01574copy.jpg

Some of the gang of a dozen or so who turned up. Wat44, Offshore, Phaedo, KB, me, Bob Bean and others. Someone with a memory for names fill in the blanks please!

DSC01572bJPG.jpg

Wat44's watch case was rather popular.

PC120033.jpg

One of Bob Bean's hand made straps. He does real nice work!

PC120030-1.jpg

KB's RWG1 watch. Without this piece (and those like it) RWI and RWG2 may well never have been!

PC120031.jpg

PC120039.jpg

A real live VDB on yours truly's wrist. Pity it's not my watch as well. Yup, the damn Pam bug has bit now. Curse you all! happy.gif

PC120037copy.jpg

Beer and watches, what more could a guy want? Well, since AHW wasn't available anyway happy.gif

PC120036copy.jpg

The GTG went on untill about 7pm or so when Bob, OS and myself retired to the cross to continue shooting the breeze in the somewhat less salubrious surroundings of the Beefsteak and Burbon's footpath seating while watching the passing King's Cross parade of drunks, druggies and hookers mingle with the cops and local fireies, limmos, bikers and even the Govenor General herself passing by.

It was great to see folk from all four fora gathered in one place. AFIK this is a first so chalk up another #1 for OZ.

Next come Brisbane so the QLD contingent as well as anyone else who feels like making a trip to the sunshine state is in for a great time early in the new year.

Col.

KinCaidk

Looks like you guys had fun!

dingle

These things look like a lot of fun. Looks like you had great weather too. :D

AustinTech

Damn that looks like a good time.

Sydney is just beautiful...look at that water.

trailboss99

Lovely weather, 26c and sunny. A real nice day by the harbor.

Col.

greg_r

Looks like a great day was had by all :D

Member X

I'm still surprised that bar staff don't come up and ask people to leave at these things - it looks like you're flogging dodgy watches out of a briefcase! :D LoL

Looks a great day though :woo:

trailboss99

Did get a few odd looks from other tables, mostly from folk who looked like they knew a good watch when they saw one. At least one guy walked past and did a perfect double take complete with dinner plate eyes. I think he saw the VDB and asumed he was looking at 150k plus of watch being bandied about. :D

Col.

Member X

LOL

Funny :D

I'm not sure whether it's a good or a bad thing to introduce reps to these people - they either seem to be snobby and therefore a risk when you're in a public environment in case they call 'the law', or they may be really interested! But you never know until you've sounded them out!

dingle
Did get a few odd looks from other tables, mostly from folk who looked like they knew a good watch when they saw one. At least one guy walked past and did a perfect double take complete with dinner plate eyes. I think he saw the VDB and asumed he was looking at 150k plus of watch being bandied about. :D

Col.

^^^^this is how we gain new members.:woo:

onzenuub

Looks like you had a nice time, what is it with those Australian faces, they look like I've been drinking?? :thumbsup:

auswatcher

Well done Col, absolutely stunning watches and harbour background. God i love Sydney

These things look like a lot of fun. Looks like you had great weather too. :lol:

Weather is always great in Oz, Dingle mate, "Beautiful one day, perfect the next...Except Melbourne :lol: "

Looks like you had a nice time, what is it with those Australian faces, they look like I've been drinking?? :facepalm:

lol...drink away I say :D

sconehead

Which bloke is Alan? My mental image says grey haired with beard and glasses...

trailboss99

Give the monkey a cigar!

Col.

dingle
Give the monkey a cigar!

Col.

Who is Alan?.......curious I am :lol:

trailboss99

Offshore.