Sign in to follow this  
grb

What is your 1st born and would you do it again?

James.

Is buy of a rep was from a non TD 2 years ago, gold breitling 21j which I paid $270 for :facepal: but it worked and I was happy. Then I discovered RWG. The rest, as they say, is history.

The wings and sub dial hands were removed by me, took it apart to investigate the movement then lost the bits I took off... probably for the best

0AB6D768-47C1-49F7-8199-733B03357033-3553-00000B85F2C399CC.jpg

Is TD rep

IMG_2059.jpg

olly593

ura6.jpg

Wow a day date quartz sub, that looks pretty similar to one I bought in Portugal a few years ago, I'll have to try n dig it out.

NFleischer

DSC00327.jpg

I don't think this was my first rep, but the oldest I have a photo of. Says Submariner, looks more like a GMT. I got it in Columbia SA;

about 1995 or so. Still ticking, but crown/tube are stripped. Haven't worn it in more than 15 years.I paid about $40-50 I think. Not a terrible deal,

considering it looks OK and still works.

Dendo

One of my first reps was a nice quartz Breitling navitimer I bought in Hong Kong. Would you believe I lost it in Switzerland of all places. Fell out of my bag while I was getting off a plane - did not check 'lost and found' for some reason...............that has to be obvious :lol:

greg_r

My first rep was a two-tone Rollie DateJust bought from a guy at Camden Market who 'knew a guy' ;) This would have been back in about 2000.

It was surprisingly decent, but I decided that two-tone wasn't quite me, so I ended up buying a SS one. And then another one from ebay with a different dial. And then a daydate. And then another day-date via eBay of all places. Familiar buying pattern ain't it? ;)

Anyhow, the final day/date was the keeper. After a while I sold the others - along with my gens as the white dial day/date was getting worn every day. I wore it continuously until 2008 when it started showing signs of wear - and rather than try to find someone to service it, I decided to replace it - and found this place (or rather the old version of this place).

I've still got the watch but it's not very well at present...

aoeu

My first watch ever was a Swatch Jellyfish I got back in 1983. Still have it.

My dad gave me an illegal rep Rolex which was total crap. The case was total fantasy; looked nothing like any Rolex ever. Daytona dial, but with no pushers and nonfunctional dials. I still have that, too...somewhere around here.

My first legal rep is the GMT Master II that I am wearing right now.

myaz

My first legal rep is the GMT Master II that I am wearing right now.

Love what this forum does to our wording :thumbsup2:

BadPickle

925912B1-F142-41D3-A5FF-49C1131F501C-3215-0000067E67F6F718.jpg

1993, swooped this for a pair of berghaus walking boots.

My mate swore on his mothers life it was a genuine tag. Stopped working within the month, took it down the AD, patronising bastard, "are you sure you want me to look at this THING" he said, would only touch it with his pencil. It was like he was looking at something highly contageaus.

Ah!!! The innocence of youth!!! Fuck knows why I kept it.

BadPickle

924FBD79-9E1E-4879-9500-7CCD20B3AB78-3215-00000683EF773F06.jpg

Compared to my panerai!!

Tool it down the Sunday "market" for a new battery after being humiliated in the AD, some pikey had a go at it with a knife, failed, I never wore it again!!

Cynikal.Mindset

1998 from some ultimateswissperfectreplicas.com site (damn!) Rolex Day/Date diamond dial and bezel, 21j (I know now) and I paid at least 400bux for it...it looked sweet and all my friends thought it was super good...then the bracelet fell apart (easy fix $20 at the mall watch kiosk new stainless jubille style) then the "crystal" broke (I swear it was made of plate glass) and the plating started to come off...it was beat but the reliable 21j movement still kept beating until I dismantled it last year for a donor movement...in the end I think I got my money's worth out of it but fuck did I ever get scammed!!

looked alot like this

1.jpg

would I do it again knowing what I know now? FUCK NO...I got a bloody AP RubberClad for less than I paid for that thing!

Mystery Shopper

This 'Rolex' was bought in the mid 90s in Phuket, Thailand. It is rubbish as you can see but I also bought my Dad one and he wore it for years without any problems.

PA030028.jpg

The SOSF was the first I bought from here a couple of years ago. I still wear it often and have never had a problem with it.

SAM_1319-1.jpg

cremona

Some interesting watches in here!

Edited by cremona

aoeu

Rolex Oyster Perpetual...QUARTZ?

:bollocks::trainwreck::bsmeter: :bsmeter: :bsmeter::picard::picard2:

YoungGPS

Tag Quartz, Way back in 1997 for about $5.00.

Edited by YoungGPS

grb

This is like a 10-20 year old wrist check

JDCKent

My first and only...

120ksno.jpg

...and, yeah, I'd definitely go for this one again. Such a reliable timekeeper, maybe gaining 1-2 minutes a month. Probably wouldn't get much better accuracy from the real deal. Just not looking forward to the time when it will need it's first servicing, considering the cost will probably be close to that of the watch itself.

sms

In 1971 I was working the midnight shift at a gas station. This business looking guy drives in and gives me this song and dance about not having any cash, hardly any credit cards in those days, and talks me into holding his hamilton watch for $5 worth of gas. He doesn't show up before I got off and I was just sure I had a hamilton for 5 bucks. I got home and in better light it read Harnilton. I didn't buy another rep for 40 years :)

aoeu

DSC00327.jpg

I don't think this was my first rep, but the oldest I have a photo of. Says Submariner, looks more like a GMT. I got it in Columbia SA;

about 1995 or so. Still ticking, but crown/tube are stripped. Haven't worn it in more than 15 years.I paid about $40-50 I think. Not a terrible deal,

considering it looks OK and still works.

This gawdawful chunk of unholy hell belongs in the Hall of Shame. Moderators?

Besides, where in Yog-Sothoth's Most Unholy Name is the GMT hand? The bezel is there, BUT where is the GMT hand?

rickdangerous

PAM 320 from Tony's Crazy Sale. The gasket needs to be lubed as condensation gets inside the watch but otherwise everything's ok. For $59 I really can't complain, a great way to start into this hobby.

diplosa
My first and only...

120ksno.jpg

...and, yeah, I'd definitely go for this one again. Such a reliable timekeeper, maybe gaining 1-2 minutes a month. Probably wouldn't get much better accuracy from the real deal. Just not looking forward to the time when it will need it's first servicing, considering the cost will probably be close to that of the watch itself.

I actually, in some weird, estranged and awkward way like it... Which TD you got it from? I'd like to see more pictures.

wat44

My first was a montblanc star GMT - yeah I probably would again

Arism

Dug around my old drawer and found these "beauties". I'm not exactly sure when I 'blessed' with these, but my gut says early 2000s.

First; a Tag Heuer Mercedes-Benz SLR Chrono(Fantasy?)

ACEEEA49-4AB3-43A2-9526-362A4495C88B-8010-000009BDBD95219C.jpg

21J, faux chronos. I'm not a fan of Tags. Mainly due to this rep.

Secondly; A TT Rolex Day-Date.

18FF76C5-EE27-4CEC-AA4F-AA5527EA7589-8010-000009BDC4472262.jpg

Again a 21j. This is the last TT rep I ever bought. In hindsight, this was/is a terrible rep.

The movements. Not exactly sure what's in the Rolex; Miyota maybe? Both 5 ticks a second.

6C10EE6B-7591-477F-9E93-20AE8F693C76-8010-000009BDC8D3CFD7.jpg

Now, the Day Date earns special 'praise'. The case has a crown etched in on the 9'o'clock side. The case back is wrongly engraved as well.

"Rolex Oyster - Original Gas Escade Valve"

07773CC5-B2EE-49D3-B76E-4A4E473D4D94-8010-000009BDCFD42F67.jpg

The engravings on the inside of the case back are even better.

907E4D90-3DB0-4454-B871-3430418BD909-8010-000009BDCDE5C217.jpg

"MONARCHPOLFY S-A."

"GELENA"

"SHITINERAND"

Yup, a real piece of 'shitinerand'.

Corv99

Dug around my old drawer and found these "beauties". I'm not exactly sure when I 'blessed' with these, but my gut says early 2000s.

First; a Tag Heuer Mercedes-Benz SLR Chrono(Fantasy?)

ACEEEA49-4AB3-43A2-9526-362A4495C88B-8010-000009BDBD95219C.jpg

21J, faux chronos. I'm not a fan of Tags. Mainly due to this rep.

Secondly; A TT Rolex Day-Date.

18FF76C5-EE27-4CEC-AA4F-AA5527EA7589-8010-000009BDC4472262.jpg

Again a 21j. This is the last TT rep I ever bought. In hindsight, this was/is a terrible rep.

The movements. Not exactly sure what's in the Rolex; Miyota maybe? Both 5 ticks a second.

6C10EE6B-7591-477F-9E93-20AE8F693C76-8010-000009BDC8D3CFD7.jpg

Now, the Day Date earns special 'praise'. The case has a crown etched in on the 9'o'clock side. The case back is wrongly engraved as well.

"Rolex Oyster - Original Gas Escade Valve"

07773CC5-B2EE-49D3-B76E-4A4E473D4D94-8010-000009BDCFD42F67.jpg

The engravings on the inside of the case back are even better.

"MONARCHPOLFY S-A."

"GELENA"

"SHITINERAND"

:rofl:

MW1

It was a Rolex given to me by my Brother in Law. Paint peeling off the dial, the bracelet was rusted, and the minute hand dropped to 6, when it got to 3. Good times :)

And no.

Edited by MW1

Arism

"MONARCHPOLFY S-A."

"GELENA"

"SHITINERAND"

:rofl:

:fuck: Trolled by the chinese. "Shitinerand" = Shit in 'er 'and :picard: