Sign in to follow this  
satanoperca

A new additction is formed, just another one to add to the collection

satanoperca

Hi All,

Great site with losts of fantastic information. Thanks to all those that have contributed and special thanks for those who have put together the Trusted Trader forums. Makes it easy for a noob like me to purchase with some confidence.

Spent most the of the weekend trawling through threads and the Trusted Traders section.

Still trying to work out the difference between what seems like two price breaks, 1. Around $100 and the other around $300. See that there is a difference in movements and display face quality.

Have settled on the purchasing from the trader, Watchinternational for my first purchases. Cannot just cut down my likes to one watch, so will take a gamble and purchase several first up and see how it goes.

What does alarm me is the cost of the geniune watches. How can a rep be so cheap but the real deal be over the top. Someone is making way to much money.

Coming from a design background, design is meant to reduce price, increase form and function and be for the masses not just the elite.

I would normally never purchase a rep of anything, but when the price difference is just so large, I feel little guilt.

Hope over time to contribute to the site and will post a thread on my first purchases and how they travel.

All the best for Oz

mulder

Welcome aboard. May your wallet take the pressure.

Fine first choice of dealers and yes the price points do mean a big difference in quailty and movements.

Another fine dealer is Reg (Narrika).

Best of luck with the addiction.

myaz

What does alarm me is the cost of the geniune watches. How can a rep be so cheap but the real deal be over the top. Someone is making way to much money.

I would normally never purchase a rep of anything, but when the price difference is just so large, I feel little guilt.

Welcome. Looks like you will do just fine here. Many of us struggle to justify the price of gens as well, hence we appreciate our TDs.

You will like the quality of the reps provided you don't expect a $250 rep to be exactly like a $25,000 gen, that's pushing it a little.

We all deal with the guilt and somehow manage to overcome it :P

Balad1

Sorry to inform you but we have already reached our maximum quota of members from Oz.

Just kidding, welcome Mate.

:)

YoungGPS

Hello! Enjoy the adventure of your watch time!

animierte-gifs-image_welcome_spinning.gif

satanoperca

Thanks for the welcoming.

I am well aware that rep's will not be the same quality as original, but at 80% quality of the original I think that is pretty good. If it loses time (minutes) over a week, big deal.

I find it funny that people will fork out 1000's for something that tells the time. To put it in perspective, I can by an Iphone for under $500. What does it do, well it also tells the time, has an alarm, connects to the internet, has a GPS, runs apps etc. So how does one justify paying many 1000's $ if not tens of $ for something in most cases tells the time.

I don't feel guilty as I would rather use some of the money I save donating it to a worthy charity that can help those less fortunate than I to have a better life.

Design is not mean to be for the elite.

Cheers

myaz

Hey, lots of people will fork out 1000's for carbon that's been compressed about 150 kilometers under the surface of the earth. AKA diamonds. Go figure. Cheers.

satanoperca

Don't get me started on Diamonds. Why pay for something that has come out of the earth when I can buy a synthetic one, identical in structure from a lab at 1/20th of the price. Good synthetic diamonds are almost impossible to distinguish from the real thing by a jeweler. Rather used the saved money for a good holiday.

Even the x wife agreed with my thoughts but did not agree that our house was big enough.

Cheers

scorpion

G'day Mate, Huan Ying, Velkommen, Welkom, Bienvenue, Willkommen, Benvenuto, Dzieñ dobry, and Welcome.

The best advice is to only buy from the Trusted Dealers because they are trusted and they deal in watches!

Luthier

Buying genuine watch, you pay for thousands of hours of meticulous work of watch designers, dozens, if not hundreds of years of the history of the brand, genuine, handcrafted, unique movement, best materials possible, and the brand name. Buying replica, you buy stolen design, stolen brand name, stolen construction of the movement, and not so perfect materials. So simple.

Mystery Shopper

Greetings and welcome!

satanoperca

Buying genuine watch, you pay for thousands of hours of meticulous work of watch designers, dozens, if not hundreds of years of the history of the brand, genuine, handcrafted, unique movement, best materials possible, and the brand name. Buying replica, you buy stolen design, stolen brand name, stolen construction of the movement, and not so perfect materials. So simple.

But they both tell the time don't they. I am an industrial designer, I have had my own designs copied before, it is just part of life and most of the time it sucks.

Luthier

Stay with your iphone, if you don't understand it.