Sign in to follow this  
HeavyKrush

Omega Ploprof!!!!

HeavyKrush
Damn that does look good, makes me want one, but I'm nervous bout the size of these things. Congrats!!!
No reason to be nervous H. The smaller dial and the pronounced bezel makes the watch seem smaller than it really is in my opinion. It really doesn't seem like a large watch.

HeavyKrush
Nice, a bit boring for me on the black rubber.

I have the white on white ultimate V2 with swiss, maybe it's time for black dial with orange strap. Hmmmmm.

Just the one I have on order. Looking forward to receipt. May upgrade to ultimate if it really floats my boat.

Not really into the orange band. The watch really sticks out enough as it is for me. Can't wait to see the reactions from my co-workers this week.

madcatlancelot

Very nice big chunk of metal! I had the pleasure of handling this at an AD last week, freakin huge and heavy. Congrats and wear it well. :thumbsup:

jeffw69

I have the white on white ultimate V2 with swiss, maybe it's time for black dial with orange strap. Hmmmmm.

Just the one I have on order. Looking forward to receipt. May upgrade to ultimate if it really floats my boat.

Can't wait to see the reactions from my co-workers this week.

Do you think you'll get promoted to "fry-guy"? :lol:

HeavyKrush

Can't wait to see the reactions from my co-workers this week.

Do you think you'll get promoted to "fry-guy"? :lol:

Not likely Jeffers, that's more of a lateral move anyway.

jeffw69
:lol:

KeNnY

Looks greaT ! :)

dalboy

:daffy: :daffy: ..Damn it HK !!.......your gonna bankrupt me..please stop posting such good pics ..can't you take shity pics in future, how the hell am i supposed to resist.

It looks stunning mate, and i wish you well to wear it...ohh and do me a favour !! buy a box brownie for your future pictorial reviews.. :giggle: am loving the lume , standard too..

Dal.................

YoungGPS

Great looking watch!

Congrats.gif

rusky27

Always liked these but rather big on the wrist _ smashin watch brother

HeavyKrush
:daffy: :daffy: ..Damn it HK !!.......your gonna bankrupt me..please stop posting such good pics ..can't you take shity pics in future, how the hell am i supposed to resist.

It looks stunning mate, and i wish you well to wear it...ohh and do me a favour !! buy a box brownie for your future pictorial reviews.. :giggle: am loving the lume , standard too..

Dal.................

What the hell Dal, are you a friggin' mind reader... My wife made brownies from a box mixture right when I was taking that shot! Erie brother. Next time I'll take the shots with the camera on my phone just for you.

Diego_UK

Do they rep these with the metal bracelet? I only ever see them on rubber.

Distinct

They do but the mesh is not the best, it doesn't rival the quality and accuracy of the rubber. Most people buy the mesh separately.

Diego_UK

They do but the mesh is not the best, it doesn't rival the quality and accuracy of the rubber. Most people buy the mesh separately.

I think I'd rather buy it with the mesh then buy the rubber seperately haha. Only because I vastly prefer the look of it on a bracelet, but I'm sure I'd switch to rubber eventually.

Distinct

I think I'd rather buy it with the mesh then buy the rubber seperately haha. Only because I vastly prefer the look of it on a bracelet, but I'm sure I'd switch to rubber eventually.

You will want the suppaparts mesh but I don't think they have any stock.

So here's my original post from a little while ago ( http://www.replica-w...opic=21166&st=0 ). It has the original pictures I took and a lume shot. I knew the watch would generate a lot of reaction from people here and I'm sure in the end actually made at least a few people reconsider their original opinion of the watch.

I ordered the shark mesh from suppaparts (currently out of stock according to their site) and it arrived no problem. The mesh had been sitting on my shelf for over a month while my watch was being repaired and serviced at a local watchsmith, who is now ordering some from Mary because he is amazed at the watch quality. He's really impressed by the casing, dial face, strap and clasp, not so much the movement.

So I got the watch back yesterday and set to work swapping the white strap (which I still love) for the shark mesh bracelet. It was a bit of a pain dealing with some of the pins and lugs but nothing impossible. Now that I've done it once, I can easily and quickly do it when I want to switch between the rubber and the mesh. On the mesh, the watch looks very different and I like it a lot.

img4888k.jpg

img4889b.jpg

img4892gv.jpg

img4893vw.jpg

img4897bd.jpg

A few tips and observations:

1) For anyone who is going to get the mesh, ensure that you use clasp side end links that will make the strap 24 mm wide. If you don't and just have mesh at the clasp side, it will slide around.

2) There is one particular end link that you should try to use that is like a U instead of the H of the others.

3) The mesh at the smallest setting of links and clasp adjustment is going to be larger than with the rubber strap. So if you have a small wrist and your rubber strap setting was a good comfortable tight fit, moving to this mesh bracelet will result in a looser feel. The minimum length of the bracelet is slightly longer than the minimum rubber strap options. It is also related to 4) below.

4) The rubber strap is much thicker and is in a fixed position angle protruding from the casing. The mesh is much thinner and freer angled so you can actually place the watch down on a table and the mesh bracelet can come back at a 90 degree angle, like it was a desk clock. You cannot do this with the rubber strap.

5) The mesh rips hair out like an angry fucking animal. Be prepared for this. I can look down at my naked wrist and clearly see where a watch was. The weight of the watch is immense and it has a mind and will of it's own to grab hold of hair and use the watch weight to rip it out like you were visiting the beauty salon and getting a wax before vacation (like I know you all do).

HeavyKrush

Fantastic write up D! Great pics as well. Will for sure be grabbing the mesh for mine. The white really looks good.

charlesanderika

Incredible watch, next on my list to buy!

Pmat

Can find a blue-strapped one anywhere.

Pmat

Anyone know who sells the blue version? White, black and orange are all a bit meh!

Pmat

DSC_2590.jpg

DSC_2592.jpg

Anyone seen this model and colour about?????????????????

HeavyKrush

Sorry P, that's actually black. The white balance is off on the photo mate.

jeffw69

you mean Omega doesn't make a blue Ploprof? :(

:rofl:

Pmat

Hah, no wonder I couldn't find it anywhere!!! :blind:

It does look nice in 'black with the white balance off' though - much better than regular black, white or orange! Maybe Omega need to consider this?

HeavyKrush

Hah, no wonder I couldn't find it anywhere!!! :blind:

It does look nice in 'black with the white balance off' though - much better than regular black, white or orange! Maybe Omega need to consider this?

You can always send Omega those pics. :D

Pmat

Yeah, or the chaps out in China could knock me up a 'black with the white balance off' instead?!