Sign in to follow this  
Distinct

Blacksteel Avenger

Distinct

I just received my Blacksteel Avenger, ultimate version with an Asian 7750 movement. I have wanted this watch for a very long time and debated over it until I finally decided to get it. There are a few different versions over time that I have seen in terms of genuine and replica with different straps and dial faces, etc. I think mine is the version base on the watch released in 2008 or 2009 but mine has a different strap than the ones I have seen in genuine pictures and some earlier replicas offered (which had the BREI ITLING spelled on the strap).

Let's start with the pictures (I apologize for these not being as good as my usual pictures, these are with an iPhone):

63ed885e-3ddf-7505.jpg

63ed885e-3df0-7630.jpg

63ed885e-3ecc-2147.jpg

Comparison of Snake Eyes to Storm Shadow:

63ed885e-3edd-b748.jpg

63ed885e-3f24-d210.jpg

This is a huge watch and thick like the Ploprof. Both watch designs know they are big watches and have their straps designed to extend at an angle away from the back of the casing.

63ed885e-3f5c-fcf0.jpg

The only flaw I can see is the printing slightly is too close to the rise in the date window frame. The sub dial detail is gorgeous and there are vertical lines in half the dial faces that only appear in certain lighting. The genuine seems to have this very pronounced and I didn't see this in the QC pictures I originally received but I see them now.

63ed885e-3f6e-2792.jpg

The strap on this watch is glorious. Even more comfortable and breathing than the equivalent Ploprof strap which is already extremely comfortable. It is not just the circular holes that provide the breathing against the skin. Both Omega and Breitling have a ribbed detail on the inside of the strap. The Breitling is deeper cut and allows air to move against your skin more easily. The deployant clasp is great. Not as featured as the Ploprof. This is a chrono not for diving and so there is no dive extension like the V2 Ploprof. There is an adjustment inside the clasp which is nice. There appears to be some type of heat or finish burning/bluing where the Breitling logo is affixed to the clasp. Extremely minor.

Overall the watch feels very much like the Ploprof. It is a big huge and heavy watch. Has a lot of presence and is definitely a very cool watch. This is not really for wearing with your cuff link suits. Great quality replica. Not cheap and it appears to really be worth it. The only thing that isn't perfect is the logo printing is too close to the date window. I'm still very happy with it and would recommend it as an option for others looking at something like this.

HeavyKrush

Wow, very cool watch and some great shots. Curious how the PVD will hold up.

cvp3

I've had mine (in quartz sadly) for over a year. No wear marks at all. Fairly heavy rotation (once every 10 days) and usually see some abuse.

DeLaForce

So many breitlings I still want, this has to be up there. Great pics :)

finknottle

I have the one with polished steel and a blue dial, and I absolutely love it. Beautiful watch. Nice pics!!

Distinct

Thanks all for the compliments.

A few more things I have noticed:

- The crystal is not flat. Most of my watches (Rolex, Omega and Bell & Ross) have been flat crystal. This has a subtle curve to the surface, not something like some Panerai bubble crystal but it's there and something I didn't even notice until after wiping the face.

- The burning/bluing around the logo appears to be rubbing away and I believe it will disappear and this may have been some heat or chemical residue during manufacturing that was just too difficult to get in there to clean up.

- The end of the clasp facing the strap has some very sharp edges. It could be finished a little nicer. Not sure if the genuine has this issue but I can't imagine that anyone would be happy to have the sharp edge sometimes contact the wrist. I can easily make notches in my finger nail against the edge of the clasp.

Cynikal.Mindset

I still miss my Super Avenger Blacksteel...damn, why I sell it??

nice piece and the Ocean Racer strap is better than the Diver Pro straps they usually have.

dalboy

Another one that needs serious consideration..apart from the couple of issues you mentioned, nothing to keep you up at night !!

Whats the lume like on this baby..? and a wrist shot would be good..

Hansom bit of kit though....Enjot it.

Dal.........................

Cynikal.Mindset

Lume is standard rep lume...which on Breitlings is pretty pathetic but even the gens aren't really that spectacular

YoungGPS

Not really a fan of Breitlings, except for this Avenger. Looks great. Good pick up! :thumbsup:

hnic

niceness

baxter

it's a beauty ... want it !!!! Enjoy.

starry

Wow, very cool watch and some great shots. Curious how the PVD will hold up.

Think you will find this rep is DLC and not PVD coating ....

Luthier

PVD is a process of coating, DLC (Diamond-like-carbon) is a material. Two absolutely different things.

coolmann

very cool watch...