Sign in to follow this  
baxter465

What do you guys think about these Omegas?

baxter465

Hey guys,

I'm shopping around for an Omega and would like to know what you guys think of the craftsmanship of these:

Planet Ocean 45mm Ultimate Edition UPO on Rubber Strap (Updated Dial)

http://www.puretime.co/product/plane...-updated-dial/

Aqua Terra XXL SS Black Dial on Black Leather Strap Unitas 6498

http://www.puretime.co/product/aqua-...p-unitas-6498/

Planet Ocean 45mm Chrono Ultimate Edition Black/White Dial on Brown Leather Strap A7750

http://www.puretime.co/product/plane...r-strap-a7750/

Planet Ocean 45mm Black Ceramic on Bracelet A2836

http://www.puretime.co/product/plane...racelet-a2836/

Please let me know what you guys think - if there are other dealers that do a better job, please recommend!

Thanks

Buddhabar

I was also tempted to buy from the sites found with google.

But at the end of reading this forum for many reasons it is preferable to buy from trusted retailers recommended by the forum.

Apparently the site you mentioned looks good but does not exceed 55% of the antiscam as a test.

You do.

baxter465

puretime.co is repgeek.com's most popular and trusted dealer - I'm open to recommendations!

bobken9

Just a noob but i find op's post informative as I am also considering similar options so advice from people in the know is appreciated by many who browse. This Luthier is hilarious,,, def one a these fellas you see argueing oin YouTube comments !

RichardMiami

For the sake of the forum, I trust the gentleman here have the common sense to let it drop and get back to helping the noob.

RWG does not need a return to the flame wars.

@baxter - the watches you linked to are nice. A bit of shopping might save you a few bucks though, those prices look a bit high to me.

Remember as a general rule, most dealers get their watches from the same factories, so dealing with a TD from whatever forum you happen to have membership in is a good idea.

rhounsell

baxter465,

The UPO is the super rep of your list (I would agree with earlier posts that I would go with the bracelet, but that's just me) to add to this I believe MR (Marvellous Replica) a TD on here sells those for $208 so you can save yourself $30 by going with him.

I have the Aqua Terra XXL, got it from narikaa also a TD here(it's a 21j ......and MUCH cheaper) which I enjoy very much, I'm not sure if the hand wind is better overall build quality (I doubt it), but I would bet the strap is shit on both so that's something to consider, I know I'm swapping mine out very soon.

P1050668.jpg

The other two I have no interest or opinion on......hope this helps.

HeavyKrush
Chill out guys. I thought we got over this petty bickering BS a couple of weeks ago! Have a beer or some weed or something. At the end of the day it's not worth it.
+1 on that.

Check with M at Marvelous Repilcas on the UPO, he can likely save you about $60. Also have you considered the SS bracelet?

greg_r

Thread cleaned up. Quit the bickering guys.

We have chosen not to offer puretime a place here for a variety of reasons, however he is trusted elsewhere, so discussion of watches he is offering is hardly unreasonable.

@RichardMiami - well said, mate :)

onionbag

It's a Quartz mate, if you're happy with that.

Novum

It's a Quartz mate, if you're happy with that.

Actually looking for a quartz because of the timekeeping ability and less risks (because quartz quality is always okay from my experience). Am I wrong?

onionbag

No, you're not wrong, quartz is accurate..............but in this case inaccurate. ;)

cvp3

The chrono for me. I'm a freakin' sucker for a good looking chrono and this one fills the bill.