Sign in to follow this  
Sparkal

Squale 2003 50ATM dive watch

Sparkal

Hey guys,

Just thought I would upload some pics of an amazing watch OS sourced for me. It was part of his NOS sourcing. Thanks go out again.

I purchased three in total but will do a separate little show and tell for each as I get a chance.

08162712.jpg

First of all shipping and packaging. All three come in one seriously well protected carton, It took me about ten minutes to get them to this stage.

The display case they come in is brilliant quality and totally original.

08162713.jpg

Let me put this in perspective, I originally ordered two watches off OS, all via a very long email conversation, the 2003 was not a part of this order. I was informed that there was a professional model that was possibly the last of its model, and was offered at a great price. I took OS word for this and said what the hell I love the ones I have seen so add it to the order.

It just so happens the first case I open is the Professional 2003 50ATM

08162722.jpg

Wow was the first thought that entered my mind, I am so happy I went with OS recommendation. What you really need to see on this watch in real life as I cannot do the dial justice are the hour markers. They have ridges on them so when the light catches the dial they glimmer.

The sweep of the new ETA movement is as smooth as silk and adds to the glimmering effect when the second hand passes an hour marker.

Now I have never owned a rubber strapped watch in my life. Stainless and NATO have been my choice. I was dubious of the rubber when I ordered so I also got some NATO straps of varying style and colours as I was sure I would not like the feel of the rubber ad buckle arrangement.

My fears were unnecessary, the quality and feel of the strap blew me away, it was soft, very flexible and comfortable.

08313425.jpg

The NATO straps are securely stored away as they will be going no where near this watch!

The finish on the watch case is superb, and you get the overwhelming sense of quality when you hold it in your hand. This is a true tool watch, I have small gen collection of dive watches, two rollies and a Tag. When I use the deployment buckle on these to fit over my wet suit I get a pang in my stomach second guessing the fact I am wearing the watch to go hunting for crayfish and scallops. Not the case with this watch, it is durable with a D. I used and abused it over a two week dive honeymoon and it has come out totally unscathed.

08313415.jpg

My photographic skills or lack there of do not do this watch justice IMHO, The totally flat face assembly is different to any of my other watches, and I like it!

08313422.jpg

Anyway enough of my ranting, Will end this post with a few more quick snaps and add a lume shot over the weekend...... hopefully

08313417.jpg

08313410.jpg

08313409.jpg

dial2.jpg

dial.jpg

09013462.jpg

09013463.jpg

dial3.jpg

08313418.jpg

Oh and just leading into my next review (if you can call it that) here is a snap of the Wifes watch

08162720.jpg

Thanks for stopping by

Al

Member X

Nice review, thank you :)

Kaiser

Very nice watch mate! :thumbsup:

Olig7475

Newbi question...who is OS?........sorry

solkryssare

What an awesome write up and display of watches!

I completely and utterly love the 70's styling of both watches, logo and boxes. They just scream Steve Z!!

Kaiser

What an awesome write up and display of watches!

I completely and utterly love the 70's styling of both watches, logo and boxes. They just scream Steve Z!!

You probably knew this Solk but I read recently that Steve Z wore a Vostok. Check out

http://www.hodinkee.com/vostok-amphibia

solkryssare

Yeah, I knew that. But thanks anyways mate :). Would you believe this........ I was once offered the original watch FROM THE FILM and turned it down :facepalm:

Kaiser

StarTrekFacePalm.gif

:)

solkryssare

In-fokking-deed

YoungGPS

Great review bro!

Job-Well-Done.gif

Mazz

Yeah, I knew that. But thanks anyways mate :). Would you believe this........ I was once offered the original watch FROM THE FILM and turned it down :facepalm:

WOW its like I dont even know you any more :facepalm:

dalboy

Wait !!

3 watches and only pics of two, am i missing somethong ...?? come on you no how it works..

Dal.....

Sparkal

Your right I do, Here we go.

08313431.jpg

And a wristie!

7a3e72df-62a7-b761.jpg

Sparkal

Thanks for the kind words team.

Will try to do a few more of these when I get my work load under control

Mystery Shopper

Very nice review. I agree with you, they are an incredibly comfortable watch to wear.

What size is your wife's watch?

Sparkal

It's about 36 I believe the sunburst dial is very cool

offshore

It's about 36 I believe the sunburst dial is very cool

@Scott, Confirmed, those are 36mm. they wear a bit bigger because they have some thickness due to the 2824 movement. Quite a bulky case.(c/w the quartz)

O/S

Sparkal

Tried using different lighting on the dial, has come up a bit better

offshore

Tried using different lighting on the dial, has come up a bit better

Yeh , good work A, That looks like the watch it is. NIce review, thanks.

O/S