Sign in to follow this  
tc670207

TC Gen Spec Bezel Insert & Pearl Project Update

tc670207

I had to eat my over optimistic words of TC Gen Spec Bezel Insert will be 100% Made In USA. Well, that seems not going to happen because I could not find a supplier CONUS to assemble the crystal to the stainless steel lume retainer then lock secure the pearl to the insert.

So I had to make an extended stay in China for this.

TC-Bezel-Insert-04.jpg

SS retainer rim compare to gen.

TC-Bezel-Insert-02.jpg

Corundum pearl cover compare to gen.

TC-Bezel-Insert-03.jpg

TC-Bezel-Insert-05.jpg

TC-Bezel-Insert-06.jpg

Lume and setting the corundum cover are the two major challenges. Lume has to match with lume on dial indices and hands. I got help from an expert of lume, who happened to be a neighbor in town. Thank you Charles!

I got the lume part covered. The next major challenge - corundum cover has to be set in place right after lume job is done. Otherwise dust is easy to stock in between lume surface and corundum cover. To get it done I had to ask help from my seller hoping he could spare some "women power" off his dial factory. I'll find out if that's possible in my next visit to China 9/5 - 9/19.

dalboy

Hope you manage to get it done..

Look forward to the pics when you do.

Dal..

Pmcclean18

Obama ashamed to say I don't even know what some of the words mean in that opening thread! Looks like some perfectionist goings on though...good luck buddy :-)

nunu78

Good luck mate

nunu78

I hope u will get everything sorted so we can get the whole package at one place.

Sparkal

Love your work TC,

Safe travels and cant wait to get the LV with this new insert, Fingers crossed for chinese corroboration!

Thanks for the detailed email and explanation of the delay in LV's. it is greatly appreciated!

solkryssare

Great work! I gotta say tho, Im extremely happy with the pearl you are already offering :)