Sign in to follow this  
Sparkal

Squale 30 ATM - 1515-005 in blue/blue

Sparkal

Time for show and tell number two of my recent Squale purchases.

I introduce to you the Squale 1515-005 Blue/blue:

08162720.jpg

Once again the first impression upon opening the box is brilliant, The first thing that I noticed was the dial colour and sunburst effect. The pictures in o/shores brochure gave no hint to this feature, and was a welcome surprise.

As I was a bit unsure of if this was to be a keeper or become a present to the wife I tried it on and wore it about for an hour or two.

It wears allot like my Tag Kirim size wise, minus the SS bracelet of course. I realised that between this and the 2003 it would get little to no wrist time whilst in my possession, I then gift wrapped it up and decided to surprise the wife with an early anniversary present. (She was stoked).

The technical info below has come from a UK based site as I am still new to all this watch and write up thing. I seem to be missing some details that are quite important to know, If I have missed something just let me know and I will look into it.

Specification:

• 300 m water resistant
  • ETA Swiss automatic movement
  • Screw-on back and winder
  • Polished stainless steel case
  • Diameter 36 mm (Medium size)
  • 18mm lug width
  • One-way snap-on bezel
  • Mineral glass
  • Choice of dial/bezel colour

09023501-up.jpg

The vintage lume on this watch is obviously not going to be strong, or existent. It does however really complete the vintage feel of this watch and I am glad they did not molest the dial and re apply any lume. Although the dial does not glow, Quite surprisingly the hands manage to emit enough light for long enough to be useful in the dark.

09023509-up.jpg

The strap is quite flexible and soft however not quite as comfortable as the rubber on the 2003. I have tried to capture the flexibility of the rubber below, it bends nicely under very little weight or pressure. The wife is trying it out but I think this one will be getting a NATO replacement. (will post pics if this is done).

09023512.jpg

09023513.jpg

The overall finish of this watch is fantastic and more than what I originally hoped for. The case is solid and has some very good weight to it, the Spring bars are SOLID, Bezel click is smooth and tight enough as to avoid any accidental movement without being too tight. The ETA movement does not skip a beat and you can tell it is factory fresh, accurate and reliable.

Again we took this watch diving over our holiday and during two weeks it did not get scuffed at all. Being of a polished finish I do expect it to carry some battle scars eventually but it is a watch to be used, and your stomach will not turn when you clip rocks or go grabbing for the crayfish in it rocky hideaway.

Hopefully some of my pictures can do this watch the justice it deserves.

09023498.jpg

09023503.jpg

09023507.jpg

Thanks go out again to Off Shore for making this show and tell possible.

7a3e72df-62a7-b761.jpg

Cheers,

Al

trailboss99

Nice purchase and nice review mate.

They make a good pair in the last pic :)

YoungGPS

Nice pics and review!

Job-Well-Done.gif

HeavyKrush

Really like seeing the gens (that are in reach) on this forum. Great pair S! Wear in good health.

Sparkal

Thanks for the good feedback guys,

Its nice to find affordable gens that will get lots of wrist time...

Now that I am getting the hang of it must be time to review a few of my reps!

Member X

Nice :)

Have you considered the bracelet for it?

KinCaidk

the blue one is seeeexy!

Sparkal
Nice :)

Have you considered the bracelet for it?

I have, however the squale original was unavailable, I may need to message my buddy os to see if he can source something........

OS, you seen anything that will go?

Your right that one is not identical! But I,Ike the bezel on the wife's more!

That mesh is hot! When are you off to HK trade fair?