Sign in to follow this  
mdt9111

Couer Perpetual Date?

greg_r

ouch - lot of money for that watch - it's worth maybe a fifth of that. Don't spend any more money on it - it's just not worth it. Chalk it up to experience and buy a better one when you can - $150 can buy you a pretty decent DSSD if you shop in the right place :)

If it's any consolation, you could have done a lot worse - some folks have been stung for hundreds for stuff thats no better.

It's also worth bearing in mind that even the gen manufacturers get it wrong sometimes - this is actually a gen Panerai:

pamcantcount.jpg

:lol:

Cyril_Clunge

Oh Dear God.

Please don't spend anymore money on that watch. It resembles a DSSD only in the same way that this

d66dbfb84c9d4c331caf3d45e85aa652.jpg

Resembles this

b2a12a0b00e7af03c1491b231672de60.jpg

ron76
ouch - lot of money for that watch - it's worth maybe a fifth of that. Don't spend any more money on it - it's just not worth it. Chalk it up to experience and buy a better one when you can - $150 can buy you a pretty decent DSSD if you shop in the right place :)

If it's any consolation, you could have done a lot worse - some folks have been stung for hundreds for stuff thats no better.

It's also worth bearing in mind that even the gen manufacturers get it wrong sometimes - this is actually a gen Panerai:

pamcantcount.jpg

I love it, is that a Pam crazy hours? . :rofl:

mdt9111

Here is a pic of a DSSD from Rolex' site. Other than the rather obvious (which i missed) mistake of the word "couer", there is not much difference to the watch I purchased. I'm thinking that many here are getting kickbacks from the rep makers by trying to make others feel bad about their purchases, then directing them toward the sites that give them a cut.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"/>

<title></title>

</head>

<body>

<div class="page" title="Page 2">

<div class="section" style="background-color: rgb(40.000000%, 40.000000%, 100.000000%)">

</div>

</div>

</body>

</html>

jeffw69

Here is a pic of a DSSD from Rolex' site. Other than the rather obvious (which i missed) mistake of the word "couer", there is not much difference to the watch I purchased. I'm thinking that many here are getting kickbacks from the rep makers by trying to make others feel bad about their purchases, then directing them toward the sites that give them a cut.

Are you fucking kidding?

Let me spell it out for you: You WAY overpaid for a piece of shit that looks almost nothing like a DSSD. You aren't related to Stevie Wonder are you?

Now piss off!

greg_r

I beg your pardon? How dare you! I wouldn't make that accusation again, if I were you. People - including me - are likely to get VERY upset. This time, I'll chalk it up to ignorance, but suffice it to say, that this board is solely funded by VIP memberships and NOBODY makes a dime out of it - not kickbacks, dealer fees or anything else. We do not charge our dealers for their presence here (unlike some other fora) as that would be a serious conflict of interest. We're telling it like it is - if you don't like that then I suggest you bugger off...

If you can't tell the difference, you need to spend a little more time actually looking at that overpriced piece of street junk you were ripped off with - the tells are immediately obvious. If you still can't tell - go see your optician.

Cyril_Clunge

Either you're a blind retard or a troll, either way

15ce29c2.jpg

mdt9111

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23313294@N00/7920966568/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23313294@N00/7920966178/

Let me know (other that the white balance being off on the quick shot I took) what's the glaring differences most of you profess!

Mark

sardonix
I'm thinking that many here are getting kickbacks from the rep makers by trying to make others feel bad about their purchases, then directing them toward the sites that give them

It is not wise to buy first if you can not seperate onions from bananas, and than put a picture of your onion here and want to hear how great your new banana is. Ask first! Then buy, you would get help in that way.

greg_r

http://www.flickr.co...N00/7920966568/

http://www.flickr.co...N00/7920966178/

Let me know (other that the white balance being off on the quick shot I took) what's the glaring differences most of you profess!

Mark

And then you fucking repeat it... Listen up shithead - if you're so blind you can't see the difference, that's your problem. Some of the differences have already been pointed out earlier in the thread...

greg_r

Fuck it - bye-bye you ignorant asshole.

headdesk.jpg

BadPickle

I love this forum!!

299507C6-6157-4436-889B-CEFFA0BAB7AA-8228-00000F4BB66C1799.jpg

I love this forum!!

299507C6-6157-4436-889B-CEFFA0BAB7AA-8228-00000F4BB66C1799.jpg

graman

Ooooo!...Tosser alert!

Cyril_Clunge

He doesn't look like a complete tosser in his Flickr account but I guess that just proves that appearances are deceptive :)

KeNnY

pamcantcount.jpg

hahahahahhaha it took me a while before I saw the 5 and 4 misplaced :D :D :D I was checking for the logo or text hahaha. how many did they produce like that ?

funny topic

greg_r

I think it was just a one-off, Ken. Was quite a while that it appeared on one of the gen boards and I don't actually remember the story to be honest...

HeavyKrush

Wow.

HeavyKrush

pamcantcount.jpg

Whoa, what is the value of that watch with such a glaring mistake?

Member X

Knowing PAM fans, £10000000000 because it's a one-off factory error therefore 'special' :lol:

greg_r

Knowing PAM fans, £10000000000 because it's a one-off factory error therefore 'special' :lol:

Yup. Either that or a buck-fifty. Possibly something in between... ;)

Grimmi

Hahahahaha.... Awesome thread :D