Focal

Fell in love in Thailand... Hello! (pics)

Focal

Hi!

I'm 20 years old and from Holland (so excuse my english), this summer i took a trip to Thailand with my girlfriend. Back then i knew i wanted to buy a fake Panerai. I read some stuff on the internet how to get a good one. So the next day i went to the MBK market in Bangkok. There was a whole floor filled up with little stores selling fake watches. Like every brand and all for around 50,-.

Some ''expert'' told me that in Thailand they allow stores to sell fake ones, but that they are more strict about the really good reps. So in order to get a good one you have to ask and sometimes they get you some watches from the back that look even better and are a lot more expensive. So i spend all day searching for a nice model, in the end i found a store that i trusted. They were honest about things like if the leather was real, which was not real. She got me a fake model from the back for around 200$. After a whole day looking at fake Panerai that was the nicest one i had seen all day, so i ended up buying that one. It looked really nice, too bad the strap is fuggly, so i don't feel comfortable wearing it until i get a nice strap. I already ordered a 175$ strap from Julien Landa (dutch guy), expensive hobby this sure is ffs.

When i got back i started doing some research on fake Pams and ended up on this forum, it was like opening pandora's box... I can tell you one thing, this is going to cost me hell'lot of money. So i have been researching the trusted dealer section and i totally fell in love with the noob Pam 127. It is almost erotically good to look at. But the bad thing is my wrist is only 6,7''. So i can't pull it of a 47mm pam i think. My wrist is already filled up when i wear the 44mm Pam 177 that i bought, so the search continues... Maybe a 292 noob Black seal, or a nice and shiny pam112 noob. Who knows, maybe i'll just buy the 127 and hope it is not too big.

Nice to meet you guys!

Here is a phone pic of my fake pam from MBK market with the old strap, it looked really nice at the time. I still like it but i'm not sure what the quality or manufacturer is.

2dkww3p.jpg

Edited by Focal

ron76

Hoi en Welkom vanuit Limburg.

onionbag

Hello and welcome. :)

A very nice introduction.......this "expert", he wasn't a Scottish guy, was he? :D

databar

Ola from Roosendaal :boxedin:

kieron1968

Welcome helloooooooooo.

Still not to sure about the love for PAM's, maybe it will grow with time

Focal

Groetjes terug!

Welcome helloooooooooo.

Still not to sure about the love for PAM's, maybe it will grow with time

Right now pams are the only watches that i really like and consider buying. But i guess you can't argue about taste.

kieron1968

Well your in the right place, lots of great info in the many threads, and very helpful people.

scorpion

G'day Mate, Huan Ying, Velkommen, Welkom, Bienvenue, Willkommen, Benvenuto, Dzieñ dobry, and Welcome.

The best advice most people here will give is to buy only from the Trusted Dealers because they are trusted and they deal in watches!

This place may well cost you a lot of money but stick with the trusted dealers and you will get a lot for that money.

And read, read , read - its all in the threads

ENJOY.

Mazz

Welcome aboard mate

Be sure to read allot and visit the museum

UmpaHimself

Very nice intro. Looks like a nice watch that you picked up. I would be happy with your purchase and start collecting from the TDs. Then you will be able to compare.

hnic

moguh

ziet er goed uit die pam maar niet mijn ding

deze site gaat je zeker geld kosten

Focal

Very nice intro. Looks like a nice watch that you picked up. I would be happy with your purchase and start collecting from the TDs. Then you will be able to compare.

I hope it will stand up against the really good reps. Like i said, it looked like the best rep at the time, but i didn't even know about the different models at the time. It was just the overall feel it gave me. I now understand why rep hunting is so much fun; comparing, looking for the best price, small details...

PAB

Welcome! Damn good choice for your 1st rep.

May I suggest a Noob factory 111 for your next addition. Not easily available but a beautiful piece ;)

Focal

Welcome! Damn good choice for your 1st rep.

May I suggest a Noob factory 111 for your next addition. Not easily available but a beautiful piece ;)

Nah not another luminor marina, maybe a noob 112! Or the 127 if i can convince myself i won't look like a little boy with my 6,7'' wrists.

Also some footage from me shopping for the watch shown above haha

2rel4j4.jpg

sardonix

Welkom,

Most of the time we stupid tourist get the usual overpriced tourist shit at MBK. Maybe you where lucky, the realy good ones you must pre- order at the shop, come back later to pick it up.

Famous shop no guarantee that you get a good one if you are a tourist is

BH299.jpg

PAB

Shy or Wanted?

nunu78

Welcome to the nuthouse my friend.

baxter

Welcome :)

Kal-el

Looking brother, welcome!

Raywj

Welcome! From the OP heading, I thought this was going to go in another direction LOL!

wqleow

this new hobby will be very rewarding! just imagine all the watches you can collect!

Luthier

First - we don't call our watches "fake". It's REPLICAS.

Second - to Thailand with girlftriend???????

Third - we, mostly, do not afraid to show our faces.

And fourth - welcome to the Forum, and good luck in buying really good watches.

:P

jeffw69

and Fifth-there is an ignore button here. :rofl:

Mystery Shopper

Welcome & nice introduction.

Member X

Get the 112 - one of the most versatile, understated, classic PAMs IMHO :)

Mine is a keeper!