Sign in to follow this  
cromag

Finally Got My VCO!! Wristshots

cromag

Finally! I have been scouting for months just to see a VCO in person. You think they would have them floating around in Silicon Valley, and i didn't even see one when i was in Vegas last time.

Much to my surprise the letter carrier delivered my Vacheron Constantine Overseas this morning. Angus (PureTime) and I thought it got lost in the mail. I placed the order on July 19th and today is Sept 4th. China to California in 6 and a 1/2 weeks! Angus was an excellent TD and was working on resending me a new order with QC pics! Wow! I'll be getting more watches from him.

I'm very happy to finally get my hands on a VCO and it will definitely help me determine if I want the gen. So far I really like it a lot. Its 42mm (11mm thick) size fits my 6.5" wrist perfectly. Here are a few quick wristshots but they do not do this watch justice. The watch is pristine and I used my iPhone 4s, but at least it gives you a good idea of how it looks. I'm really surprised that this watch is not a lot more popular on the forums. I really love the DW placement. It's so much easier to read than at the 3 o'clock position. To me it looks like it has AR.

The watch sparkles in the sun. The bracelet is amazing. Much like the bezel, it is polished to a mirror shine on the small diamond cut sections. And the hour markers are cut to catch light invthe same way. Really awesome.

The sweep is super smooth. I hope it's accurate. The lume looks like it could use some help. We'll see tonight. The dial is a tiny bit off center but harly noticeable. I think it can be adjusted/centered but I wonder if that would affect the DW positioning. The detailed tapastry on the dial is very sweet too. Worth the wait :)

Anyway, it's a beauty. Enjoy;

6ECE720D-DD86-4C40-87B7-0B2F7B1B66C1-6025-00000596FC91131A.jpg

2D86FD51-C81F-4D28-9B8E-337B02EF6599-6025-00000596DD6B15AF.jpg

0D77DB7A-87A5-40B6-BB95-AF479983606C-6025-00000596F2E08C96.jpg

735F8954-D906-46FA-9978-685085F45C3B-6025-00000596E72CDE9A.jpg

A179FF6E-ED3B-4342-B37D-24191B07B246-6025-00000596D194A196.jpg

conx

Congrats - it's a beauty!

I like these a lot and have one on my "list".

Enjoy it and wear it well.

Cyril_Clunge

Yeah on my list too although I'd prefer a Deep Stream but they're no longer available.

Thanks for the write up and pics :thumbsup2:

RichardMiami

Lovely pick up! Wear it in good health.. and do NOT click the World Record link in my sig! :giggle:

jeffw69

It's on my list, love it.

Why Puretime?

Luthier

What movement?

It's on my list, love it.

Why Puretime?

Cuz he just love risk...

:rofl:

cromag

Thanks guys,

I picked PT because Angus was the only dealer who was actively answering member's questions daily, in threads over at RP, and he is very articulate. And I could not get any better recommendations IIRC, other than "try X, they're great." And I did try X and it was fine but they just didn't articulate the answers to my questions/concerns nearly as well as Angus. He has been less active with posing since he went on vacation last month and had some PP issue but those seem to be resolved/improved and he should be posting more often soon. He replies to my PM's too. He stays on top of his team; if they don't get back to me quickly I send him a PM and all of a sudden I have an email reply from the team. Patience and the need to accept imperfections are two of the most important qualities required to enjoy this rep game.

As for the movement, I don't remember what movement, and I'm not too concerned unless it's off by more than a minute per day. I did however remove the back and took this pic to see.

What do you guys think it is?

65682971-F9BD-4B62-948A-A3FFD5CCD11A-6393-000005B91BB84586.jpg

Here are some QC pics I originally got from PureTime.

IMG_0522.jpg

53d83502.jpg

Edited by cromag

Hazz

Thats a nicey, putting it on my list,,,,,,,enjoy

cvp3

Simple and classy. Like it!

YoungGPS

Great pick up!

Congrats.gif

baxter

Very nice - and good to see it in white dial - enjoy :)

James.

Nice mate, the black dialed version is on my list :D

jeffw69

I'm getting one!!!! Thanks a lot. :lol:

morris133

Love it. Have the black one one my list but the white certainly doesn't disappoint .

Enjoy

aksingh

Nice watch, Angus has the best date window but no accent over e in geneve is a shame.

myaz

Got a Patrimony with a similar dial texture and just love how different light conditions affect its appearance. Great choice.