Sign in to follow this  
cala1981

Breitling Blackbird - Whats wrong with?

cala1981

I've been on the search for a blue watch. Everyone seems to love the SOH v2 and I think they are a little plain... I think the Blackbird is a bit more visually appealing but I have read that the seconds dial being at 3 o'clock on a 7750 is bad news. How bad is this? Is it a deal killer? Any opinions or advice would be appreciated.

Blackbird:

http://asiakrono.com...ngswiss_185.htm

The Hublot Big Bang in blue may be too much, but an interesting watch:

http://asiakrono.com...otswiss_373.htm

Thanks!

Edited by cala1981

Cynikal.Mindset

its seconds @3 and the big date complication that makes its a little "time-bombish" other than that its a fantastic looking watch and in general work pretty well but they will need a service sooner than a normal seconds @9 7750 watch. If you like it buy it from a dealer that will stand behind their sale and help you out if the need arises and in the mean time save up 150-200bux for the service it will require in the future.

oh and loctite the bezel marker screws in when you get it (if you do) as they have a tendency to fall out and be lost forever.

P.S.

Lawrence (asiakrono) has the best warranty in the game

Edited by Cynikal.Mindset

cala1981

its seconds @3 and the big date complication that makes its a little "time-bombish" other than that its a fantastic looking watch and in general work pretty well but they will need a service sooner than a normal seconds @9 7750 watch. If you like it buy it from a dealer that will stand behind their sale and help you out if the need arises and in the mean time save up 150-200bux for the service it will require in the future.

oh and loctite the bezel marker screws in when you get it (if you do) as they have a tendency to fall out and be lost forever.

P.S.

Lawrence (asiakrono) has the best warranty in the game

Thank you for the info. Do these 7750s need this service within the first year and do they need yearly services typically?

Thanks again

Cynikal.Mindset

its a crapshoot...some last forever and some last less than a year

cala1981

its a crapshoot...some last forever and some last less than a year

just like anything else i guess... thanks again man

Corv99

I do like the Blackbird, but they are big money aren't they!!

Corv99

shit thats awesome!

If only I hadn't just bought a Pam yesterday, and the electric has gone off in my house!! could be a cheap fix. but then again!!!

sooo tempting