Sign in to follow this  
sconehead

Never realised this before

sconehead

Just read an RWI sales post and learned something I didn't know. The sale was reinstated after the seller changed his PP payment from being paid as PP 'gift' terms to a normal 'goods' transaction.

Apparently you aren't covered if the transaction is fraudulant with this method of payment. I've bought loads of stuff like this and never realised, I just thought it was a way the seller got you to pay the charges.

From now on I won't use this method, if the seller want's no charges, insist that he adds 3-4% or whatever it is and purchase as 'goods' to be on the safe side...

:Whistle:

greg_r

yup. I'll occasionally send a payment as 'gift' if it's a friend and someone I trust completely, but would never do so otherwise.

dingle

did not know this. I don't have a clue how I've been sending money.........

sconehead
did not know this. I don't have a clue how I've been sending money.........

That Georgia pigeon post is real slick...:Whistle:

onzenuub

You all didn't knew, I knew.

JoeyB
Just read an RWI sales post and learned something I didn't know. The sale was reinstated after the seller changed his PP payment from being paid as PP 'gift' terms to a normal 'goods' transaction.

Apparently you aren't covered if the transaction is fraudulant with this method of payment. I've bought loads of stuff like this and never realised, I just thought it was a way the seller got you to pay the charges.

From now on I won't use this method, if the seller want's no charges, insist that he adds 3-4% or whatever it is and purchase as 'goods' to be on the safe side...

:lol:

yup. I'll occasionally send a payment as 'gift' if it's a friend and someone I trust completely, but would never do so otherwise.

So what is it? Send payment as 'gift' or 'goods'??

greg_r

send payment as goods if you want to be safe.

AllergyDoc

When you click on the "Send Money" tab at the top, you have the choice of making a payment on the "Purchase" tab or "Personal" tab. Everything paid on the "Personal" tab is fee-free. (Except for CC transactions.)

mad dawg

Remember the converse is true if you are selling (unless you trust the buyer).

10:10 Watch Repair

must be why so many auctions state "no gift"

AllergyDoc

"Get off my lawn!"

sconehead

bump for Joey...:lol:

AustinTech

Remember, if you are selling counterfit goods, you really don't have any recourse anyway. You can't say, "I never recieved my fake Patek."

And I thought the only recourse you have with PP is if you are buying an E-bay item?

trailboss99

Nope, PP protection works on most sales. Not on gift or rent however.

You can allways call it watch parts or anything you like 'cause the seller is hardly going to spill the beans and admit he sold a rep is he? He would have his own account frozen.

Asking folk to pay via gift is also defrauding PP and in therey they could go you for it. In effect you are costing them money by lieing to them.

It's now in the rules at RWI that asking for gift PP is not permited. This came as a suprise to me as well as a lot of other people but it is one of those rare PP rules that actualy makes sense. They are making nothing out of the tranzaction so why should they cover the sale?

If you guys feel it's a good idea I'll add it in here. What you do between friends is your concern but you would not be allowed to insisist on it.

Of cause you would be entitled to state a PP fee in your sale. It's allways good to offer alt ways to pay such as WU or moneybookers as well.

Col.

JohnG
Remember, if you are selling counterfit goods, you really don't have any recourse anyway. You can't say, "I never recieved my fake Patek."

And I thought the only recourse you have with PP is if you are buying an E-bay item?

No, you ALWAYS have recourse if it is a normal transaction. EVEN with fake watches - PP dispute process doesn't require you to specify brand name, much less if the item is counterfeit or not. PP only looks to the seller to provide proof of delivery - if they can, you are out of luck, unless the item is not as described.

I don't know who started this silliness about you can't file a dispute for reps, it is absolute nonsense. Hell, all you have to do is look at all the PP dispute threads at RG, where everyone shits on the noob buyer for jumping the gun. Ditto the PP disputes against rep dealers - just ask Robert or any other dealer whether "you can't file a PP dispute for reps".