Sign in to follow this  
onzenuub

NOMOS Glashütte

onzenuub

In Taiwan, nearly every child knows the name Glashütte - in Saudi Arabia, these watches from the Mecca of fine watchmaking are in high demand - they can be found in London, Tokyo, and Manhattan - all across the globe, people dream about Glashütte watches. The town is famous, nearly more so out in the wide world than here in Germany. At the same time, though, Glashütte is tiny, having a population of only 2500, a bit of ancillary industry, and three manufactories.

One of these is NOMOS Glashütte, the brand whose timepieces are the most beautiful examples of fine watchmaking. They produce watches of a kind that can be made only here in this specific town in the eastern Ore Mountains Glashütte has a history and a long tradition, which have given rise to a number of special innovations that watchmakers elsewhere only comprehend minimally, if at all.

Visitors to the NOMOS headquarters, in the renovated Glashütte train station, will not only find contemporary art on the walls, but, more importantly, they will encounter a great deal of handicraft. High tech in the form of CNC machines, lasers, and electrical discharge machines supplement the handicraft in those areas where their technology provides for greater precision.

In 2005, Tangomat, the first automatic watch from NOMOS, entered the marketplace. We followed this in 2007 and 2008 with, among other things, the release of the Club model in both manually wound and automatic versions. The movements are manufactured entirely in Glashütte; the calibers are designed, developed, and built here; and even chronometers and tourbillons are produced here. As things stand today, with only a few minor exceptions, we no longer need to purchase any components from outside providers. Depending on the caliber, between 75 and 95 percent of value is added to our movements here in Glashütte. This means the creation of jobs for local watchmakers, engineers, and toolmakers. It also means that our customers receive the best possible watches and the assurance that the name "Glashütte" will permanently remain a synonym for handicraft of the highest quality.

4207314112_80f143f929_o.jpg

4206555021_0ea3f6fa55_o.jpg

4207314022_52c027c48b_o.jpg

4207313984_79282a76c4_o.jpg

4206554779_3a01465017_o.jpg

4207314188_5e5de59003_o.jpg

bob bean

Damn nice dress watch. Classically clean & simple.

Wear that in 30 years and it will still be stylish.

dingle
Damn nice dress watch. Classically clean & simple.

Wear that in 30 years and it will still be stylish.

yep, reminds me of a classic patek.

AustinTech

THey want a lot of money for something called NOMOS

pollux1

A beautiful watch, but i'm at a loss as to how it costs four hundred euros for a date function.

Member X

I was looking at these tonight as I was wondering if their straps would fit the Senator Sixties (and they might sell a strap to a random like me unlike Glashutte proper... lol)

They really are beautiful, and the limited edition versions also look great with their grey dials - why is no-one repping them?

http://www.glashuette.com/index.php?id=289&L=1

Simple handwinds, simple dials...

One or two for Robert to look into doing? :D lol

AustinTech

I think they'll skip repping these cause very few people know what the fuck a NOMOS is.

Member X

True, true... but then they repped the Sinns very well and they're not that common! lol :beer:

howasong
In Taiwan, nearly every child knows the name Glashütte - in Saudi Arabia, these watches from the Mecca of fine watchmaking are in high demand - they can be found in London, Tokyo, and Manhattan - all across the globe, people dream about Glashütte watches. The town is famous, nearly more so out in the wide world than here in Germany. At the same time, though, Glashütte is tiny, having a population of only 2500, a bit of ancillary industry, and three manufactories. ...

Dude, hate to say this, but I am from Taiwan and I have never heard of that name when I was a child. Maybe nowadays they do know about the name but I still doubt it. :rofl:

The only watch I know of when I was a kid is a "Mickey Mouse" watch that I wanted so much. :yoda:

Back then (when I was in elementary school, 35 years ago), my parents couldn't even afford to buy me a pair of Adidas running shoes not to mention a watch, which was considered as a luxury item. Maybe this is why I love watch so much now. :bounce:

Nonetheless, the watches look awesome, thanks for posting. :clap:

Edited by howasong

cybee

These are high quality watches and actually the prices are not that bad imho. You really need to see one in person to understand how well made they are. Along with Stowa, Limes, Schauer, a Nomos is one I would love to own...Oh yeah and a Lange too. :rolleyes:

WisconsinDancer59

A really beautiful peace of craftmanship. One of the many watches I really want! but one of the few i only want as gen...

But i prefer this version, love the numbers. So "bauhaus"...08_nomos_tangente_01.jpg

Krispee

always wondering whether Nomos Glashutte were the same people as Glashutte Original......

very clean and classy style it has to be said.....

Kris

jms137

Absolutely beautiful. And I think the gens are very reasonably priced as well. Tempted to get one...