Sign in to follow this  
couleur

Looking for this particular Rolex Black Submariner 116610LN model!

James.
748.jpg

couleur

Sorry guys, i'm new and i'm fussy as well. I am always more concern about the looks, especially the font size and round dial size, people usually take a good quick look and they could tell a badly replicated rolex is a fake. I like one that could challenge their views, so they cant really tell whether im wearing a fake or a real one at a short glance.

I am going to take out the Oyster links and replace them with this strap

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/110877739635?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_5368wt_1165

sardonix

Some like a ceramic sub on Nato, but that triggers my attention right away, why would this man have a 7k watch on a 10 dollar nato?

That is what i think when i see that.

johnnyjazz

Some like a ceramic sub on Nato, but that triggers my attention right away, why would this man have a 7k watch on a 10 dollar nato?

That is what i think when i see that.

Totally agree with you Sardonix, the guy says he wants a sub that LOOKS the same as gen, the only way to do that is to keep the strap the same oh and size it properly so that it does not hang down your wrist, i think that is also a dead give-away.

couleur

It's fashion guys, you won't understand it unless you're into brands like Thom Browne.

jeffw69

It's fashion guys, you won't understand it unless you're into brands like Thom Browne.

I have NOW lost the will to live. :suicide:

James.

I love NATO straps, perfect for summer. Freshens an old tired look up

couldn't resist...

26753DFD-9D02-4894-81C6-C2E4610C6191-1706-0000041FBE11DE12.jpg

sardonix

You don't get it mate, only very old subs from the sixties you see often on a nato also gen, because through the years the bracelet Is simply worn out. It is hard to get the correct bracelet again for a 40 yar old watch and expensive.

That is the reason!

This is a sub 5512 of mine on nato

zBGQ6.jpg

i try to help you out.

johnnyjazz

You don't get it mate, only very old subs from the sixties you see often on a nato also gen, because through the years the bracelet Is simply worn out. It is hard to get the correct bracelet again for a 40 yar old watch and expensive.

That is the reason!

This is a sub 5512 of mine on nato

zBGQ6.jpg

i try to help you out.

Man, what a fuckin tease you are :lol:

couleur

Looks good sardonix. Maybe I should go with the vintage versions instead. Narikaa doesnt have any of what im looking for, waiting for Toro.

Edited by couleur

James.

nakira has(had) decent ilttle 21j subs for cheap a month or so ago. Dunno if you'll still be in luck though.

AND, maybe someone who know like actual watch stuff will clarrify, but I THINK the old rollies were low beat. So if that's true, 21j "tick" doesn't matter.

Then again I could just be talking absolute bollocks.

Probably.

James.

Now tell me if mine is gen or rep

a496326c.jpg

gogotsnail

Wearing my pro hunter GMT on a NATO because its SO DAMN COMFORTABLE!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

couleur

Now tell me if mine is gen or rep

a496326c.jpg

I'm guessing it's genuine.

James.

$150 asian eta from a trusted dealer "trevor" from the RWI forum

http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/

Most people don't even know what they're looking for to spot the difference between a rep and the real deal. A lot of reps are getting pretty damn close, and usually to tell the difference someone will need to get real close to your wrist. I'm not too sure how close on a daily basis someone inspects your watch but for me, there might be the odd glance and comment of "nice watch" but not much else.

But under no circumstances wear any rep into an AD. You'd just be asking for trouble. I'd also suggest away from telling everyone it's real, you'd just look like a dick, and besides people who do own gens don't go around telling people about it.

RichardMiami

I kinda like this one:

mini-p1020715.jpg

couleur

Thanks semaj, you have been very helpful. :)

jeffw69
:fuck: Dude, c'mon man!

Cyril_Clunge
ce784f3aa019926dff7b56d4a7c10af0.jpg

couleur

Haha, relax guys, this will eventually be a very helpful topic for future members. You never know...