Sign in to follow this  
offshore

Ebay - Price gouging?- Never!

offshore

Spotted on ebay-

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PVD-Squale-Rambo-Swiss-survival-watch-compass-/251135489862?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item3a78d77746#ht_5939wt_1397

Now with a vested interest, I must say that these have just been offered to me, and I can sell them at $450.00 plus post.

Indeed, a member here just today ordered one from me...thats a pretty good saving on Ebay pricing! :rolleyes:

Also, this is an extreme example of gouging at its finest-

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NOS-PVD-Squale-Italian-Military-Automatic-Divers-Watch-Box-Papers-/310426432372?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item4846db7374#ht_1283wt_1397

Whilst I can no longer source this, as all stock is now sold (so the seller can ask what he likes I guess),Just 2 weeks ago these would have been (my price) $550.00!

Guess these Squales appreciate pretty quickly once there is no more of a specific model :Whistle:

Guess thats why I just ordered up a heap more of the end runs of the vintage models. :)

Offshore

guami007

These watches have cult following although $3k is beyond price gouging. It's more like raping and pillaging.

YoungGPS

These watches have cult following although $3k is beyond price gouging. It's more like raping and pillaging.

+1

Steve227

Wow 3k? That's nuts!

Baldrick

S'funny....I've noticed a significant increase in lots of stuff being offered from Israel recently on Ebay.....I may be wrong...but I'm getting a strong whiff of Nigeria :B):

offshore

B, Its even funnier that I was going to make almost the same comment.

Do a search on Doxa, and much of it is from Israel.

Or look at "Vintage Diver" and there are also lots.

But these 2 here are just blatant gouging...there is a difference between making a good profit due to your own diligence, and ripping off any poor fool who comes along.

Offshore

offshore

FWIW, These were the last 4 of this version available, and I have bought the gold/gold for stock, and a member here has grabbed the blue dial, so if anyone else has interest in the white or the black/gilt, $450.00 plus post will take out one of these.

They are ETA quartz, and measure 45/47mm. Originally manufactured circa 1980.

Rambo.jpg

Offshore

rbel13

wouldn't wear it if someone paid me to

gB.

Not for me, but interesting nonetheless.

:)

Member X

I'm sure that offshore, who is attempting to make a living, will thank you for that constructive, supportive comment... :rolleyes:

Ever heard the phrase "If you've not got anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"?

offshore

Its probably not exactly my cup of tea either...however, different strokes for different folks................

Two members of this forum jumped on them, and another got very squelchy in the crotch when he saw it!

There are still people in this world who work outside of permanent GPS availability.

O/S

Edit Just beat me X....nah I'm cool...everyone to their own taste...some people even just like reps! :)

O/S

trailboss99

Besides, he hasn't seen one.

i just did a MVT swap for a client on the St Ives version (same watch, different branding) that Squale also made and it's a very solid well made piece, not a toy at all.

Sparkal

I have to say my initial reaction to this watch was "hmm not for me",

Then I got home from work and did a bit of research, got over the name Rambo, and though fuck this is awesome. I jet ski long distances, we basically do orienteering but on supercharged water craft. We use charts to plot our routes and rely on landmarks and the sun only.

Compass on string @ 75mph = difficult and lost compass.

Compass built into solid lump strapped to wrist = winning edge

Love the crown placement, and the sheer size of this vintage nos watch. Can't wait to get this bad boy