has kept perfect time for the 24hrs i have had it

comfortable strap

oscar is very happy with this cheapie

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0324.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

greg_r

Looks great for the dough, mate, but 50mm!!! sheesh! I think that rules it out for me :)

Luthier
Looks great for the dough, mate, but 50mm!!! sheesh! I think that rules it out for me :)

OSCARSLANTEDEYEDFISH has chinese ruler.

It's 44mm, not 50mm. With crown it's 48mm.

DSCF0002-1.jpg

greg_r

"Chinese Ruler' :)

Thanks for the clarification, Luthier :beerjump:

onzenuub

Oscar allways loves the cheapies :), still a nice watch for the $$.

Luthier
Oscar allways loves the cheapies :)

Yep. Now his quartz SeaDweller on the route...

:beerjump:

oscarmadfish

its sat at heathrow as we speak just needs to clear customs might have tomorrow :)

notice i ignored the quartz comment oh shit i have not :beerjump:

i measured with a steel tape as onze says i am cheap :thumbsup:

onzenuub
its sat at heathrow as we speak just needs to clear customs might have tomorrow :)

notice i ignored the quartz comment oh shit i have not :beerjump:

i measured with a steel tape as onze says i am cheap :thumbsup:

Should look the news, a big raid going on on Heathrow by HM Customs and Excize.

oscarmadfish

like they are really intrested in my $258 watch :)

greg_r
like they are really intrested in my $258 watch :gunbandana:

Just keep an eye out for the black helicopters... ;)

BTW - it's all your fault. Too much temptation - I just ordered a Rollie GMTII from Jiuli9... Had. To. Buy. A. Watch. *twitch* :rolleyes:

I'll be ordering a Day/Date II plus possibly a PAM113 and a JLC memovox from Josh in the new year. *sigh* Looks like that watchbox is gonna get filled pretty quickly....... :D

Luthier
like they are really intrested in my $258 watch :gunbandana:

You forgot coma after 25.

oscarmadfish

Luthier :gunbandana:

pics greg pics :D

greg_r
Luthier :lol:

pics greg pics :)

Here's the rollie - only a cheapie, but what the hell.

RO-28_sml.jpg

The PAM & Day/DateII are gonna be rather more expensive, so I'm saving up for a bit longer before I order - planning on at least one of 'em in January, though (provided I don't buy too many more books in the meantime!)

Luthier
Luthier :lol:

pics greg pics :)

Here's the rollie - only a cheapie, but what the hell.

RO-28_sml.jpg

The PAM & Day/DateII are gonna be rather more expensive, so I'm saving up for a bit longer before I order - planning on at least one of 'em in January, though (provided I don't buy too many more books in the meantime!)

Your cheapie looks exactly like my TT Sub with ETA and wrapped gold for $270.

Mean looks just great!

By the way, silix-prime sells Daytona with seconds on 9 and A7750.

Rolex Daytona Gold/steel for Man

MOVEMENT: Asia-7750 25j Automatic

PRICE: 205USD

AVAILABILITY: yes

DETAIL: Dimension: 40mm x 48mm x 12mm

Movement: Automatic ASIA-7750 25j, with running second at 9

Is it better than problematic seconds @6?

Very, very tempting... I don't care if gen. has seconds @6. I care reliability.

Any advice?

greg_r
Your cheapie looks exactly like my TT Sub with ETA and wrapped gold for $270.

Mean looks just great!

We'll see if it looks as good in real life :lol:

By the way, silix-prime sells Daytona with seconds on 9 and A7750.

Rolex Daytona Gold/steel for Man

MOVEMENT: Asia-7750 25j Automatic

PRICE: 205USD

AVAILABILITY: yes

DETAIL: Dimension: 40mm x 48mm x 12mm

Movement: Automatic ASIA-7750 25j, with running second at 9

Is it better than problematic seconds @6?

Very, very tempting... I don't care if gen. has seconds @6. I care reliability.

Any advice?

I'll admit that I'd be tempted by a secs@9 'Tona (7750 or man-wind Lemania, I don't really care). I'd happily forgo a little accuracy to the gen for reliability (and let's face it - who outside these forums would know the difference?!) Not sure I'd buy from Silix, though, but maybe that's just me...

oscarmadfish

black and gold looks good greg :lol:

Luthier
black and gold looks good greg :lol:

Yes, it does.

DSCF0046.jpg

Luthier
I'll admit that I'd be tempted by a secs@9 'Tona (7750 or man-wind Lemania, I don't really care). I'd happily forgo a little accuracy to the gen for reliability (and let's face it - who outside these forums would know the difference?!) Not sure I'd buy from Silix, though, but maybe that's just me...

So... if it would be from Josh... would you buy it?

greg_r

So... if it would be from Josh... would you buy it?

Right now, no - but only because there are several other watches I want to get first :lol:.

However, in principle yes - if it was from a dealer I trusted I'd buy the secs@9 in preference to the secs@6 based on what I've read here and at the other boards.

Might be worth seeing what RA and some of the other Rollie fans think, though, as I'm not speaking from experience here - I've not (yet) bought a 'Tona myself...

Demsey
Any advice?

Any chrono with the new version 7750 28,800vph movement (Asian or otherwise), in the seconds @ 9, in the 3,6,9 or 6,9,12 subdial configuration would be considered a 'reliable as any other rep is reliable' watch. These are the configurations that Valjoux engineered the movement for originally. There simply is NO occaision for a 7750, copy or genuine, to run the seconds subdial @ 6. The entire escapade is good 'ole fashioned 'Asian barnyard engineering' and is an accomplishent to their ingenuity. Only.

The Daytona 16520 (secs @ 9) with 7750v2 is a sound approach, from any regarded dealer. Unfortunately the subdial geometry is appalling and a HUGE tell. If that matter does not offend then by all means. I used to own a great 16520 sec @ 9 watch and was quite happy with it until I took chance on a 116520 sec @ 6 and subsequently gifted off my older watch.

Aesthetically, the full gold Daytonas' subdial flaws are less noticeable. Doc has a great example. When he posts it I always remark how the gold dial and gold subdial pattern hides,'camouflages', the flaw.

It begs the question though; If the bridge module that renders running seconds @ 6 for the 116520 also tightens the subdial array, then why not a module that tightens up the array of the 16520 but leaves the seconds alone? RA? Get on that!

I would imagine any dealer could source regardless of what they offer on their e-shops. I would not order solely for the fact one advertises the 16520 and one does not.

Edited by Demsey

greg_r

Great post, Dems - thanks for the clarification :)

Luthier
Any advice?

Aesthetically, the full gold Daytonas' subdial flaws are less noticeable. Doc has a great example. When he posts it I always remark how the gold dial and gold subdial pattern hides,'camouflages', the flaw.

It begs the question though; If the bridge module that renders running seconds @ 6 for the 116520 also tightens the subdial array, then why not a module that tightens up the array of the 16520 but leaves the seconds alone? RA? Get on that!

I would imagine any dealer could source regardless of what they offer on their e-shops. I would not order solely for the fact one advertises the 16520 and one does not.

So... seconds @6 is "no-no", and seconds @9 has wrong subdials positions...

Anyone make correct Tona?

I guess no...

greg_r

I guess no...

Yes, but not at a price you're going to want to pay...

Demsey

Correct, but member "RolexAddict" is on a putsch that the 'trouble' 's with the 116520's (seconds @ 6) are a matter of understanding, and dealing with (in a corrective, mechanical fashion) it's draw backs. It makes great reading and research, but RA has some good, if only amateur, watchsmithing skills. What may be a mere 'lube and tweak' to render his Daytonas 'reliable' may be well beyond most of our, certainly my, practical skills.

I guess no...

I had Joshua hand pick, prepare, test and deliver a beautiful 116520 when I was ready for a 'try', tempted by the proven 'more reliable' Asian 7750v2. For the better part of a year, I was the proud owner of an excellent 'correct Daytona'. However, when I took that watch off to wear another after all that time, that was the down turn. When I went back to it, it's winding mechanisms, both auto and manual self destructed. I had no desire to send the watch back to China for repair that may have well resulted in another breakdown, and did not feel confident 'pushing grace' with a watchsmith who has relented, beyond his ethics, to work on my ETA's cased in 'replica'. To bring him an Asian copy of a 'Valjoux' or 'ETA' 7750, not to mention that 'whore' of a bridge module would be too much. I gave the watch away.

The 'back on the scene' DW 6263's (do a 'Search' Wooooooo! We have Database!) are also very, very correct. A genuine vintage 6263 would cost almost three fold a solid gold modern day Daytona. Therein lies the rub. No one would believe.