Sign in to follow this  
BluffCityBandit

Help flag a fake tudor

BluffCityBandit

Anyone with some free time mind flagging this one for me? "SELF WINGDING" WING DING!!!!

Actually first found this one on WUS as I was genuinely interested until I noticed. Notified the seller but he hasn't responded yet. Claimed to have all sorts of service done to it... I have a hard time believing that.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tudor-Prince-Oysterdate-38mm-Circa-1975-Pristine-Condition-/300776059182?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item4607a6712e

Cyril_Clunge

Yeah but I doubt Tudor would spell it Self Wingding on the dial ;)

Seriously, check it out!

onionbag

7965573016_80cd237227_z.jpg

wingding by Chisholm Maggs, on Flickr

conx

Damn Swiss and their stoopid spelling :)

BluffCityBandit

Been looking around at various gen Tudors (mainly older day date's). This pretty much scared me off of buying anywhere but perhaps the rolex forum... and they come up pretty infrequently there. Is there a Tudor expert around here? I was a little surprised at the fakes and frankens I've come across.

onionbag

I've reported it at WUS and the 'bay............maybe Cyril knows someone who'd want to bid on it? :D

BluffCityBandit

Gotta be honest.. I want it! But for more like $50 instead of $800... looks like a fantastic vintage rep... the glaring stereotypical rep mistake gives some character to it IMO.

Cyril_Clunge
:Whistle:

onionbag

It seems that this is a recurring issue............Google it and you'll see what I mean. :)

BluffCityBandit

Seller says he got it from a major watch dealer and an actual Rolex tech did the servicing. Told him this tech was indeed "special".

Given his reputation on that forum and on ebay, I tend to believe he didn't know... I guess. Anyway, he's removing the sale from WUS.

DKaiser Söze

Seller says he got it from a major watch dealer and an actual Rolex tech did the servicing. Told him this tech was indeed "special".

Given his reputation on that forum and on ebay, I tend to believe he didn't know... I guess. Anyway, he's removing the sale from WUS.

There is a guy on The rolex forum who is claiming to have a "wingding" gen tudor that apparently was the victim of a bad refinishing job. I can't imagine getting my refinished watch back and it saying "wingding" on it. I tend to believe he has had a rep all along but whatever makes him sleep at night. It would wundung me up.LOL

Flaguyinetown

Dude, I don't think I've ever seen a tudor rep with an automatic movement. I've only seen quartz reps or the odd snow flake custom build.

1littlegreen

All I can say is wow.... one of the least rep'd brands out there and some asshat wants to give it a go and call it gen.

:picard:

<RJ>

Self Wingding...

:blink:

seclark007
:rofl: and I love Tudors..... gots to get me some wingding action!!!!

seclark007
10:10 Watch Repair

I really want a wingding now.