Sign in to follow this  
redundant

Best 42mm Planet Ocean Bracelet?

redundant

Hey there guys, new member here with a quick question. I received a genuine 42mm PO but on a rubber strap and would very much like a bracelet to go with it. After checking out the crazy prices on Ofrei for an Omega bracelet, I know that I really can't afford what they are asking. What dealer would offer a good quality bracelet that would fit the genuine PO?

Thanks for the help, and nice forum you guys have here! The reps have come a long way, and now I am on the lookout for a nice looking 2254.50 rep =]

onionbag

An interesting conundrum, the rep PO bracelet is very nice but suffers from being a bit 'gappy' between the clasp ends and the first links, it's also a bit flimsy in the articulated region of the clasp.

You could ask one of our dealers to supply you with one for say $60-70..........but how about one of these?

http://www.bradystraps.com/Home_Page.php

redundant

Funny you should mention that, I already have a sailcloth strap in my watchbox that the PO is already on. It looks great, but the PO on bracelet is an entirely different beast =].

redundant

I emailed Mary and PureTimeCo, both were equally helpful and responsive but could not guarantee that the bracelet would fit the genuine watch. Has anybody dealt with wholesaleoutlet990 on ebay? I was looking at this particular model http://www.ebay.com/itm/170758905211?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_4941wt_982 , but in the end I may just end up rolling the dice and ordering from a TD.

rbel13

get a gen, i know its a lot of money but dude you already have the watch

morris133

Very true that the rep bracelet is "gappy" between the end link and the next link in the bracelet. However , I read somewhere that a member bought the gen end link from Ofrei and replaced on the rep bracelet, fixing the gap. I've been considering doing the same thing. I believe it's about $60 each for the Gen end link.

Another option is a rep Omega speedy bracelet that doesn't suffer from that gappiness. Mary at WI can hook you up with one for about $40. I Put one on a cheapie SMP and it fit nicely. But beware, the pin holes on the PO case might not line up with where the pin is in the end link.

Untitled-3.jpg

Good luck

Olly

i have one pm me