Sign in to follow this  
rsh

Here they are...my 16610, 16610LV and a beater

rsh

Hey fellow sub lovers, as you may know, I really like the 16610.....like many of you, I came here looking for the best sub....started with chinese wok sub from a member here, then a silix special (that was special), then some timeshops specials, went through several noob subs, then wm9 v1, v2, v3 and now TC sub. Bought a Sean case but decided it was a bit harder to assemble given it comes with no movement ring, TC strap needs working to get on, etc. I settled on the TC case which is what these 2 subs use. They both have a v3 strap which has an excellent SEL fit. The invicta is an 8926 with a few mods. It is my beater since I cant bear to wear my 16610s as beaters.

In case you want to compare rep versus gen....there are a few differences here

Black sub has gen AR cyclops, gen insert, gen crown

Green sub is all rep. Insert was from BK, it is not a wm9 one or the TC one, but something BK had lying around and he gave it to me. I used a watchmaterial pearl on there (one of the nicer ones from the batches).

I have to comment that the crowns are real similar. Does a gen one make a difference ? You decide. The crystals are real similar. I think the TC crystal's date magnifies too much and distorts. Those of you with a TC sub, check to see if your cyclops magnifies more than mine. I removed the cyclops and attached a different one on there. I think the cyclops came off a noob sub. I must admit the crystal edges are real similar and I cant tell a difference in clarity really.

I did use a BK datewheel overlay. TC dwo is nice, has better font and print but the whole thing is printed a tad to the left so depending on how you center it, either all numbers are a tad left justified or some center and some are way too far left, etc. This is on both v1 and v2.

These subs just were at BKs where he pressure tested them for me. My collection is complete and this officially marks the completion of my quest for a good sub. I am going to try and not let the cyclops mag on the green sub bother me...LOL.

DSCN8464.jpg

DSCN8466.jpg

DSCN8467.jpg

DSCN8468.jpg

DSCN8469.jpg

DSCN8470.jpg

DSCN8471.jpg

DSCN8472.jpg

DSCN8473.jpg

DSCN8474.jpg

DSCN8475.jpg

DSCN8476.jpg

DSCN8482.jpg

These are just some pics of the invicta....good little watch for like $75

DSCN8477.jpg

DSCN8478.jpg

DSCN8479.jpg

DSCN8480.jpg

DSCN8481.jpg

Edited by rsh

YoungGPS

Nice trio!

nunu78

like the LV alot.

scorpion

Hey fellow sub lovers, as you may know, I really like the 16610.....like many of you, I came here looking for the best sub....started with chinese wok sub from a member here, then a silix special (that was special), then some timeshops specials, went through several noob subs, then wm9 v1, v2, v3 and now TC sub. Bought a Sean case but decided it was a bit harder to assemble given it comes with no movement ring, TC strap needs working to get on, etc. I settled on the TC case which is what these 2 subs use. They both have a v3 strap which has an excellent SEL fit. The invicta is an 8926 with a few mods. It is my beater since I cant bear to wear my 16610s as beaters.

In case you want to compare rep versus gen....there are a few differences here

Black sub has gen AR cyclops, gen insert, gen crown

Green sub is all rep. Insert was from BK, it is not a wm9 one or the TC one, but something BK had lying around and he gave it to me. I used a watchmaterial pearl on there (one of the nicer ones from the batches).

I have to comment that the crowns are real similar. Does a gen one make a difference ? You decide. The crystals are real similar. I think the TC crystal's date magnifies too much and distorts. Those of you with a TC sub, check to see if your cyclops magnifies more than mine. I removed the cyclops and attached a different one on there. I think the cyclops came off a noob sub. I must admit the crystal edges are real similar and I cant tell a difference in clarity really.

I did use a BK datewheel overlay. TC dwo is nice, has better font and print but the whole thing is printed a tad to the left so depending on how you center it, either all numbers are a tad left justified or some center and some are way too far left, etc. This is on both v1 and v2.

These subs just were at BKs where he pressure tested them for me. My collection is complete and this officially marks the completion of my quest for a good sub. I am going to try and not let the cyclops mag on the green sub bother me...LOL.

Nice photos.....one question

How does the Invicta compares to the rep subs? I have a few Invictas and are very happy with them and my larger sub version the Grand Diver Pro is better built and finished than my Sub rep but that is a a cheap 21j one. Be interested what you think.

sconehead

Hmmmm, I wonder has anyone fitted the TC V3 bracelet onto a WM9 V3 yet? Those end links look close to perfect...;)

rsh

Hmmmm, I wonder has anyone fitted the TC V3 bracelet onto a WM9 V3 yet? Those end links look close to perfect... ;)

its a perfect fit, in fact SEL may need trimming

Invicta is a great watch, feels beefier than the sub, is much better built than the typical rep and the miyota 8215 is just such a work horse

ics1821

I just received my tc lv and i have to say the whole watch looks and feels great. I have a gen16613ln to compare and the cyclops does over magnify a tad but nothing i would get annoyed about. The insert is very good with a nice pearl and the right type of 4, yours has the incorrect 4 on the insert. Overall the tc is a home run out of the box the bracelet,dial,insert,dwo clasp are all top quality and have a gen look and fell when ypu are wearing it.

Crusader

*puts aways magnifying glass afer reading the text* Great review, very nice photos, you can't beat the original Sub :)

UmpaHimself

Great post. I would love to have a TC LV

rsh

I just received my tc lv and i have to say the whole watch looks and feels great. I have a gen16613ln to compare and the cyclops does over magnify a tad but nothing i would get annoyed about. The insert is very good with a nice pearl and the right type of 4, yours has the incorrect 4 on the insert. Overall the tc is a home run out of the box the bracelet,dial,insert,dwo clasp are all top quality and have a gen look and fell when ypu are wearing it.

A flat top four insert WAS mated to a non-engraved rehaut LV sub, I think the dial technically does not match the insert but come on....you really gonna count the ticks between swiss made :)

DeLaForce

Nice :)

Bobbylah

Just out of interest, why can't you use a 16610 as a beater? They are great for that. Just have it reworked if you are concerned about keeping that as new look.

rsh

Just out of interest, why can't you use a 16610 as a beater? They are great for that. Just have it reworked if you are concerned about keeping that as new look.

So my daily work involves no heavy labor or work where damage could occur to the watch. By daily beater, I mean the watch I would wear to plant a tree or clean the garage or whatever, where you can seriously ding the watch and beat it up. If I had a gen 16610, I would treat that in the same way. I realize this is a rep but it took alot of work to get it to look this good. I guess if I had a noobmariner, I would beat it up but I cant seem to wear one anymore as it has some inaccuracies.

Bobbylah

So my daily work involves no heavy labor or work where damage could occur to the watch. By daily beater, I mean the watch I would wear to plant a tree or clean the garage or whatever, where you can seriously ding the watch and beat it up. If I had a gen 16610, I would treat that in the same way. I realize this is a rep but it took alot of work to get it to look this good. I guess if I had a noobmariner, I would beat it up but I cant seem to wear one anymore as it has some inaccuracies.

Ah, I've got you! My gen 16610 was pretty much a daily wear and I am in construction (albeit on the management side - but still on job sites nearly every day). It ran for about 15 years (no servicing from new) with no issues and then stopped last month - sent it to Chris and just got it back today. Broken mainspring, old, gummy oil which stopped the date wheel moving, loads of construction dust under the bezel so you could hear it grating, cracked crystal gasket which let a little moisture in and made the dial look a little weird (almost like it had been sprayed). All better now, although it still bears some scars where Chris did not want to polish too hard and remove too much metal (and I approve). :D

Don't use it for planting trees or yard work though!

Victor

What's the difference between this 16610 and the original?

10:10 Watch Repair

nice to see RSH posting here, someone who knows his watches and could add a lot.