Sign in to follow this  
Rob Roy

Seamaster Homage

GrimReaper
Reviews always say it's very reliable and it has quality bracelet.

There was no QC made on my bracelet. It is very poorly made, one part of the clasp comes off from one pin, and it closes very hard. Also diver's extension opens itself when I try to close the clasp. There was also some kind of rust on one part of the bracelet, so I had to clean it. I also had to clean all the glue from bracelet.

But I don't like the bracelet anyway, links are from just one part instead of 5 as on genuine. So it looks very ugly, first link is perpendicular to the end link.

Quick date adjust also broke very quickly, had the watch for only 5 minutes.

Time was set to 6PM when I tried to change it the second time, first time it went complete 31 days with no problem. Crown just wouldn't turn, so I turned it with greater force, and of course the spring broke.

I don't blame myself, because this should be made fool-proof.

Then the dial, two uppermost markers are not straight. There is also raised plastic bit between two waves, and one wave has scratch.

There are still good things, the lume is amazing, and the movements hacks. I have yet to see if it hand winds.

Should be good for a beater watch if I fix the bracelet or find a new one, but in no way can this replace a gen or a good rep.

I found SMP bracelet here, but it costs almost as a whole watch:

http://puretime.co/p...teel-bracelet-/

EDIT:

But I don't like the bracelet anyway, links are from just one part instead of 5 as on genuine. So it looks very ugly, first link is perpendicular to the end link.

I'm looking at the gens, and that's not really true, they have links made of just one part.

Edited by GrimReaper

Rob Roy

As I said in Guyute's original post my Alphas keep fantastic time , But QC looks a bit lax with Alpha although I have been luck with the ones I own , The Seagull Movement is easy to live with and Service.

Hope you don't give up on Alpha's as they are fantastic for the Money.

Good Luck

Col