Sign in to follow this  
canadianz

Looking for Rolex Datejust 16234

canadianz

I'm looking for a Rolex Datejust 16234 with silver dial and swiss ETA movement.

Fluted bezel and jubilee bracelet.

http://www.officialw...ejust-16234/993

I looked on Silix's website, but they don't have it. Some of the models are pretty close, but not quite.

Being a newbie here means that I have no idea which dealer should I use in order to get something really close to the genuine one.

Any advice from more experienced members??

Thanks in advance

Edited by canadianz

Luthier

Look at Watchinternational section, there's tons of Rolexes.

subiim

+ 1

I just ordered a day date from Mary and Roch at Watch International. All types and colours, 21j, Asian and Swiss eta as well.

canadianz

Has anyone ordered a Rolex from Silix? I sent them some emails on their website, but no answer yet.

amespinosa

silix is OK, i have dealt with them for my 6694 purchase.

for your 16234 needs, i suggest you build it even with all rep parts, this route you get to have he watch you exactly want.

here's my all-rep 16234 though with the black dial instead of silver that you are looking for. for the matter this is a "parts box" watch build.

IMG-20120912-00157.jpg

details:

case is rep though signed "P serial", "16233" gen construction, signed caseback also

bezel is also rep

crystal is aftermarket sapphire as well as the gasket

movement is verified swiss eta 2836-2 signed rado

bracelet is rep

crown is rep

hands are clarks

dial is from another rep. (i just used the dial and tossed the rest)

Member X

You could also spend a bit more and build something out of Gen parts (all bar the movement), but that would probably come in around $600.

amespinosa

with the new SA3135 now available from yukiwatch, all the more reason for a franken because no more clipping of the dial feet on the gen dial

gB.
with the new SA3135 now available from yukiwatch, all the more reason for a franken because no more clipping of the dial feet on the gen dial

Yuki is selling a non-branded A3135 with no markings and still tbd if it is the newer v2 that TC was saying was coming, or stock of the same one that's been around a while and factories getting rid of them as unbranded. There's a few threads on it over on RWG.cc and even a pic heavy review of this one from Yuki.

madcatlancelot

I think it looks the same as the DJ I got recently from a non-TD, I'm sure the WI or Toro should be able to get one of these.

DSC_7358_resize.jpg

DSC_7362_resize.jpg

amespinosa

nice DJ.. but i think this is a rep of the 116234 the newer run for the 16234. having the shiny lugs and larger hands. nice piece nonetheless. i like the 1680

madcatlancelot

Thanks for the info, learned something new today. :) No wonder this DJ came with the newer style jubilee bracelet that has a hidden clasp.

Kwt

I think it looks the same as the DJ I got recently from a non-TD, I'm sure the WI or Toro should be able to get one of these.

DSC_7358_resize.jpg

DSC_7362_resize.jpg

Love that datejust - I am looking at getting one very similar but with sunbeam dial and roman numerals.

amespinosa

Thanks for the info, learned something new today. :) No wonder this DJ came with the newer style jubilee bracelet that has a hidden clasp.

no worries.. the dial of my DJ came from a similar watch. new style 116234 case and new style jubilee bracelet. but i have an old style case set lying around and an ETA movement and converted it to a 16234 build. w/c is also period correct for the dial. i have the gen of the 68274 (midsize)