Sign in to follow this  
marressey

Speedmaster Panda from Silix, review with pics

marressey

Hi guys.

Here is my first attempt at a review here. The object is my new Omega Speedmaster with Panda dial from Silix.

Service:

I hadn't tried Silix before, but their good reputation made me want to test them out. And I was not disappointed. Great communication with Michelle, fast responses and great patience with my questions. Great transaction via Paypal as well. All good so far.

Delivery:

It took just under one week from my order to get the QC pics. When all seems OK they shipped the watch the next day. And here's when I really got impressed. The watch was sent via DHL from China on friday evening - and monday afternoon I had the watch on my wrist.

The watch:

So what about the actual watch?

I've had it for just one day but I fell in love with it immediately. I've been wanting a Panda Speedmaster for quite some time, and this one didn't disappoint.

Good size, weight that seems like the ten, good attention to details and the markers on the bezel are of good quality. I like that the dial isn't just WHITE, but that it has a nice, almost nacre look to it.

The leather bracelet seems kind of stiff and a bit "plastic" and the lume is rep industry standard, I guess (i-e quite crap). Although not as bad as on my iPhone pic of it.

I'll try and provide pics also.

All in all: Great service, impressively fast delivery and a nice, solid and great looking Speedmaster for a reasonable price. I'm very pleased.

Here's the pics:

71ebc8c4.jpg

cbd42214.jpg

6014ade2.jpg

ba372342.jpg

1799e667.jpg

db67dfbc.jpg

0ae68f9b.jpg

Novum

Looks very nice! Congratz! What was the price if you don't mind me asking.

marressey

Looks very nice! Congratz! What was the price if you don't mind me asking.

t was 225 USD. Reasonable, methinks.

brianpelooza

hi mate,

that looks like a killer watch, congrats!!! How is it timekeeping and how long does a full wind lasts for?

Cheers

B

solkryssare

Love the panda I do

onionbag

I need this...............but on steel. Thanks for the write-up. :)

marressey

hi mate,

that looks like a killer watch, congrats!!! How is it timekeeping and how long does a full wind lasts for?

Cheers

B

The timekeeping is, actually, one of the best on the reps I have. It hasn't lost more than 5 secs/day since I bought it. I wear it maybe every other day and it keeps excellent time. Not sure though how long a full wind lasts for (haven't timed it). But my guess is (since I switch between this and my PO at the moment) at least 24 hours.

I need this...............but on steel. Thanks for the write-up. :)

Thanks mate!

marressey

UPDATE:

After just a few weeks - the crown fell off (!) when I was winding it to put it on. It has no contact with the winding stalk at all and the watch is impossible to set and wind now.

I contacted Silix and they said they'd fix it. Cost me a bit to send it to China though.

Just wanted to let you know.

RichardMiami

sorry to hear that marressey... no issues with mine at all!... do you have a local watchsmith who can take a look at it?

jyatez2k

wow, right up my street :) may have to pop this onto my list lol nice looking rep

Edited by jyatez2k

marressey

sorry to hear that marressey... no issues with mine at all!... do you have a local watchsmith who can take a look at it?

Glad to hear that your's is problem free. Mine wasn't, to say the very least. I'm a bit reluctant taking reps to the watchsmith. I've done it a few times for sizing and I always feel a bit embarrased (they KNOW of course that it's a rep although they never say anything, but I end up feeling like a knob anyway).

marressey

wow, right up my street :) may have to pop this onto my list lol nice looking rep

It IS beautiful. But as you can see from my edit the crown fell off (!) after just a few weeks. Have sent it back to Silix now (postal cost: around 30$) for fixing.

mitchmitchman

A gorgeous watch, friendo. I'm considering the Lemania Professional from Silix at the moment. I'm terribly sorry to hear about your crown falling off. I was dead set on ordering one, until I read this. Hopefully, this is a sparse occurrence and the watch returns in full form. :thumbsup:

marressey

A gorgeous watch, friendo. I'm considering the Lemania Professional from Silix at the moment. I'm terribly sorry to hear about your crown falling off. I was dead set on ordering one, until I read this. Hopefully, this is a sparse occurrence and the watch returns in full form. :thumbsup:

Last I heard it's being fixed "at the factory" somewhere in China. Silix said "time is unknown. Usually two weeks". We'll see. Fingers crossed.

madhouse

Looks good! What is the size of the watch?

raevyn00

beautiful watch wear it well

Bardamu

I love this panda. I have a moonwatch that I really appreciate, and the panda could be an interesting way to keep the same... but different.

Another very interesting point with the Speedmaster, IMHO, is that it fits very well with either metal bracelet or leather strap. And I like to change.

Paul