Sign in to follow this  
baxter465

V2 Pam 243 from noob factory - Crown Bridge Screws

baxter465

Hi Guys,

I recently bought a V2 Pam 243 from noob factory and its been a great watch - a week later I took it off and whilst walking the streets and was gripping it by the crown, and when I got home, I noticed the crown was coming off due to one of the screws that fell out!

I've heard for rep pams, the crown is smaller compared to gen's - and thus the screws don't fit properly and come loose easily.

This is my question: I found a website below that sells replacement screws, but will those screws fit my V2 Pam 243 from noob factory (Link below)

I've heard people with reps say they ordered screws before where the head was too big and did not fit their rep pams - please advise thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120835897193

Crown-Bridge-of-Panerai-Pic2.jpg

baxter465

So the link I attached for sourcing screws actually clearly states that their screws won't fit 1950 series pams - can anyone recommend a source?

myaz

Unless a more knowledgeable member chimes in, my default thought would be to purchase the SS screw assortment in the RWG Shop, listed under "assortments".

The thread size is what matters, a head that is too big can always be filed down. Compare the thread size to the other screw.

Option#2. Take the other screw out, go to local optical shop and see if they can match. May not be a SS screw. Good luck

vonlimmel

Have you tried contacting the TD where you bought the PAM in the first place? Most dealers I have dealt with would try to source it for you.

Also your ebay vendor accepts returns you could still try if it fits.

baxter465

Yeah I sent Mary and Rochest an email just now - a local optical shop, why would they have screws there?

parisianshut

Yeah I sent Mary and Rochest an email just now - a local optical shop, why would they have screws there?

yes they surely will. i already asked Mary and rochest to source screw for my reps and they had no problem to source it (usually it's the watch i want that are hard to find for them! )

don't worry !

baxter465

Thanks guys! Fingers crossed - the watch is great though, I'm looking for some nice straps that are under $100USD right now if anyone has any good recommendations of dealers from China?

Shipping from China to HK (where I live) is cheap! The watch came in 3 days =D