Sign in to follow this  
jimbobh88

where to start?

jimbobh88

Hey guys,

Introduced by a work mate to this forum, fantastic advice!

For months I have been looking at the orange bezel omega planet ocean in my local jewellers. I've decided that 3400 quid is a bit much!

Having said that could any of you suggest a trusted dealer who supplies good quality automatic planet oceans? I want a good quality replica that is closest to the real thing as possible. I am based in UK so I am also concerned about customs, should I worry?

If some one could point me in the direction of a trusted dealer who will deliver the highest quality I would be very happy!

Cheers,

James

dalboy

James,

Whooooooooooooooopppe another Brit...watch out you yanks . :giggle:

Read the new members section , there is a section for Trusted Dealers. keep your orders to them..find what your looking for send an Email and pic to Mary or Rochest at Watch int..and bobs your uncle , they will do the rest..

Good luck mate ..any help you need just ask..

Dal...

hnic

all the td's get their watches from the same factorys

narikaa is an UK based dealer with great communication and service

but you can contact all of m and see who has the right price

good luck and welcome

scorpion

G'day Mate, Huan Ying, Velkommen, Welkom, Bienvenue, Willkommen, Benvenuto, Dzieñ Dobry, Dobrodošao, Vítejte, Bonvenon, Tervetuloa, Accueil, Fogadtatás, Velkomin, Selamat Datang, Powitanie, Bem-vindo, Välkommen and Welcome.

My advice is to leave here right now, dont look back just go away and forget you ever found this site.................

Or get your wallet ready for a serious spending spree!!!!!! :giggle:

Luthier

Welcome to the forum!!!Good advice about Watchinternational. I wear her "Pumpkin" for 2 years, and it's fantastic watch!

seclark007

James, you'd think it would be that easy....wouldn't you? It's not! The commonly known dealers best for new members are Mary at RWI and Toro Bravo...but they aren't the only ones.

I recommend that you start by searching the feedback sections for the PO...see what the others say about their experience with the dealer and the watch they received. You have to be comfortable with the person you're going to be sending money to, before you buy anything, right?

Welcome to the site!

S

jimbobh88

Cheers lads,

Quick response I'm impressed. My mate got the black face submariner from nakiraa, looks top dollar for 60 quid. Happy days!

I've emailed nakiraa a couple of days ago, haven't heard back yet, think he's in Thailand.

I've seen po's for 120 and 320 dollars. In all honesty what's the difference?

I just want a po that feels and looks right.

Cheers,

James

onzenuub

Welcome to the forum!!!Good advice about Watchinternational. I wear her "Pumpkin" for 2 years, and it's fantastic watch!

You'd wish wearing Marys pumpkin, tssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssk :rofl:

seclark007

The difference, mostly, is the quality of the movement,plus the overall fit and finish of the piece

jimbobh88

I think I've settled on the $142 Omega PO Orange bezel Ult 42 A4813 movement from Mary at Watch International. Have you heard good things? Most of the reviews look good

Payment wise do you guys know what they accept? I have emailed her for details.

My Mrs is on the look out for a Tag 32mm Aquaracer, black face, any suggestions for a reasonably priced rep?

Thanks again!

James

jimbobh88

Luthier is this the Ult 42 A4813? Would you vouch for it?

Luthier

James, if you sent email to Mary about Omega, you could also ask about TAG.

Mine is with Swiss, but DG-4813 is great movement, hi-beat too, and very reliable, it's 22 jewels.

Pumpkin.jpg

jimbobh88

James, if you sent email to Mary about Omega, you could also ask about TAG.

Mine is with Swiss, but DG-4813 is great movement, hi-beat too, and very reliable, it's 22 jewels.

Pumpkin.jpg

Luthier,

I have asked her about the Tag when I emailed. have you ever had issues re customs? I live in the UK and am concerned that I may spend best part of 90 quid only to have her majesty's customs and excise getting an early Christmas pressie!

Mystery Shopper

Hello & welcome.

There is an issue at the moment with shipping into the UK with airmail rather than EMS seems to be more reliable. There is an updated thread about this about. The PO is a great watch- this and the Speedmaster 'moonie' are popular.

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...hp?showforum=26

Luthier

There were some problems with UK Customs during and after Olympics, but, I've heard, everything is fine now. I'd ask for airmail, instead of EMS, it's safer.

jimbobh88

Right, EMS or airmail, the big question. Will customs seize and destroy if the parcel is stopped?

Grimmi

Hi and welcome!

As some of the other guys have said, there was a lot of issues around the time of the Olympics and there were a few EMS packages that were being seized. It appears that the Airmail packages were getting through ok though...

Here's a thread that may help you with some info http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=32827

I don't know exactly what's what regarding this as im not in the uk (I'm an australia) but from what I've been reading airmail is definitely safer at the moment.

As for what customs will do if they seize it... Who knows? But I doubt that it'll reach you if they do.

(always a risk, but worth it I think)...

YoungGPS

animated_gif_3d_028.gif

and

animierte-gifs-image_welcome_spinning.gif

You won't go wrong with any of the TD's!

LightGeek

Just remember to have patience since what you order now may take 3 weeks to finally arrive... Only a small part is shipping.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse the brevity of this message.

jimbobh88

What do you guys think is the best way to pay Rochest at WI?

Cyril_Clunge

I would suggest you pay using whichever of the choices is easier for you.

conx
What do you guys think is the best way to pay Rochest at WI?

They will tell you the payment options they can offer you. From the uk moneygram is easy as you just go to the postoffice and fill out a short form. Fairly cheap cost as well.

jimbobh88

Cheers conx

3ainawi

Welcome cuff links! ;)

jimbobh88

Welcome cuff links! ;)

Cheers arab yank