Sign in to follow this  
007omegafan

Omega Addict : 42 Planet Ocean & 300m Chrono

007omegafan

Well, a week after receiving my 42 Planet Ocean (asian ETA) I got the good news that my 300m Chrono (asian ETA) had arrived. As much as I love the PO, I was jazzed to get this new one. I have wanted a Seamaster Professional since back in the Goldeneye days and, when I learned there weren't any quality reps of the standard 300m Professional, I looked around.

I've already contacted another forum member who is sending over the modded "small hands" and a new date wheel is in the mail. I'm considering taking them to a watch store to have installed or, if there is a trusted forum member that can also do a lume job (as the lume is weak on the 300m I found out tonight), i'll go that route.

Either way, love BOTH of these beauties.

300m Chrono :

- Pros

-- Bracelet feels so snug and secure. Really authoritative snaps close and feels like I could play a round of golf and this isn't going anywhere

-- Dial is really pretty and the face is stunning.

-- Markings on the face and bezel look nice

-- All chrono features, including the small seconds hand, work perfectly

- Cons

-- Pearl, like always

-- The bezel.. is it too blue? These photos are edited to enhance the colors but I'll try and add one out in the sun

-- Chrono seconds hand. As it's a chrono, I guess it's not supposed to run all the time.. it clicks on and off perfeclty fine but it's weird having it static (used to the PO with the sweeping hand)

-- The lume is really weak.. I guess I assumed the lume on the planet ocean was "normal" for a rep and expected similar output.. but it's farrrrr better than the 300m chrono.

Anyway, here are the two beauties.. Not sure which I prefer.

8010249963_39a72cc483_c.jpg

8010250325_892b9d840b_c.jpg

8010250583_0abcffca9c_c.jpg

Edited by 007omegafan

HeavyKrush

Both are awesome!

marressey

Nice looking pieces. The blue color on the 300 M ones are a bit tricky. I've owned the gen and most reps of the 300 M Prof I've seen (I even owned one myself that was a pile of crap) are just too... blue. 300m Chrono will be my next purchase, I think. Great pics. Thanks for posting!

Olig7475

Top work, both are very nice. I've been searching for a 300 prof (non chrono) for ages, non of the TD's can get them anymore (apart from the 50th anniversary version, of which I'm not a fan of) so relented and pulled the trigger on a chrono version. Then, would you believe it last week one showed up here for sale from another member brand new still with the plastic on. So I've currently got both version winging their way to me. My plan is to frankin the non-chrono with gen hands / dial etc to make it the best it can be, I love that watch and have wanted one since it was Bond's watch of choice.....I also have incoming the PO (same as yours) worn in the QofS movie.

007omegafan

Top work, both are very nice. I've been searching for a 300 prof (non chrono) for ages, non of the TD's can get them anymore (apart from the 50th anniversary version, of which I'm not a fan of) so relented and pulled the trigger on a chrono version. Then, would you believe it last week one showed up here for sale from another member brand new still with the plastic on. So I've currently got both version winging their way to me. My plan is to frankin the non-chrono with gen hands / dial etc to make it the best it can be, I love that watch and have wanted one since it was Bond's watch of choice.....I also have incoming the PO (same as yours) worn in the QofS movie.

Jealous!! And I'm totally with you on the non-chrono 300m! I remember being a kid and seeing the Pierce Brosnan Goldeneye poster out front of the jewelry store with him playing baccarat and wearing the 300m professional! Have wanted it ever since. I just resorted to holding off till I can buy the genuine of that watch and will use these to tide me over till that point in time :)

Post pictures of your collection when you get the new toys!

007omegafan

wristy

8020770006_7dabcd48c7_c.jpg

marressey

wristy

Nice one! Sent you a PM, btw.

dalboy

Depending where your located..KeNny and Wiz are both based in Eu..top guys for all mod work..relume no problem..pm them both .

Dal......

Crusader

Chrono looks great, really nice watch and the bracelet doesn't have that weird hap between endlink and frist link on the bracelet. And it's weird, they are producing this great SMP chrono rep, while there is no good non-chrono rep around.

Anyways, amazing watches, no need to look at the Panerai section when you have this two beauties :lol:

007omegafan

Interesting that you say that as I was looking EVERYWHERE for a non-chrono rep and even Mary/Rochest over at Watch Interantional said that they just can't be found.. I guess I'll have to save up for a used genuine of those :)

I've got a gen datewheel and small hands coming and may replace the bezel on this one with a genuine later this year. Really loving the planet ocean and 300 m chrono combo

blockislandguy

The 300 M chrono in blue looks fantastic. I have an Omega catalog and the illustrations are largely black and white. Can someone give me the reference number?

What should I expect to pay for it and who should I order it from?

Replica of Tigger

does the chrono work on this?

Wristel
wristy

How big is youre wrist?.. Looks great on you but I'm worried that it would look small on my 8" wrist!?!

BaggyPants

Ordered the same PO 42mm from Toro today. All paid up, just waiting on QC photos to come. Quite excited :)