Sign in to follow this  
Jay Z

New member looking to purchase my first rep of many...

Jay Z

So I stumbled across this forum and after spending an hour or so looking at pics of the reps and reading how satisfied people are with their watches I am completely hooked! I envisage this website burning a big hole in my bank account but at the same time making my wrist very happy!

I thought I would start with a bit about me (please skip this part and scroll below if you want to save some time...)

My foray into reps started last year when I was on vacation, I was doing a bit of travelling in the East (Singapore, Dubai, Thailand, etc.) and found a great little shop selling replica watches after a bit of haggling I managed to purchase an excellent looking Breitling replica for around £30. Satisfied with my bargaining and purchase I left the shop with a beaming smile and a wrist looking like £5000! It was all great until I got back to the hotel to realise that it wasn't telling the time correctly and was a bit behind all because the kinetic mechanism would only work for around 5 minutes until it stopped which meant I had to keep my wrist in constant motion..a bit of a pain, but I guess you get what you pay for. Anyway I've been wearing it for the past year and have been receiving lots of compliments and a few unbelievable questions from people asking how I managed to afford one at such a young age...

So then this year whilst I was in New York I went to a watch dealership in the Waldorf and immediately fell in love with an IWC and was so close to pulling the trigger when another person (hedge fund manager) just purchased a jaeger le coutre next to me but as soon as he did, he said, 'there's no going back now, it has taken me two years to pluck up the courage to purchase this!' which made me realise I shouldn't purchase such an expensive watch on a whim and maybe I should try a few more reps and wait 10 years till I'm 30 before I buy the real deal and then I found this forum, perfect timing...

So, after all of that, I am looking to purchase an IWC but I'm having a bit of difficulty in navigating between all the suggestions and deciding where the best place to purchase from is and I would really appreciate some help. I'm from England, if that helps at all and I would like to purchase one of the two.

I would really appreciate it if you guys would be able to help me find a good rep?

1) An IWC Portuguese Yacht Club Chronograph, grey/blue face, rose gold with brown leather straps

mtr_10_0216_iwc_iw390202_02.jpg

http://www.iwc.com/e...uguese/IW3902/#

2) An IWC Portuguese Mystere Tourbillion, black face, rose gold with brown or black leather straps

iwc-portuguese-tourbillon-mystere.jpg

Edited by shyam

Member X

Welcome :)

Good intro! :thumbsup:

You have already experienced how 99% of the general public know nothing about watches and their accuracy to gen, so do not stress about 1:1 accuracy too much - if you like it, you are the only one to wear it so buy it and enjoy it :) (within taste boundaries, of course ;):lol:)

I don't think the top one is repped, though, and the tourbillon certainly isn't! lol

Keep looking round, give it a month and your taste will change and you will want something else ;)

YoungGPS

animated_gif_3d_028.gif

and

animierte-gifs-image_welcome_spinning.gif

Enjoy exploring with our TD's!

Aren

Greetings and Welcome...

You are hitting the ground running with your tastes...

Nice picks.

Enjoy your time here. This is the best watch forum there is

:)

PAB

Lots of guys on here will buy many reps until they find a firm favorite & then buy the Gen.

I believe this has been the case recently with a couple of members buying gen subs.

Welcome & enjoy :thumbsup2:

Burnleybezel

Yes funny how tastes do change, I was 100% Omega man now I've jumped the fence and bought a Rollie.

Remember check out the Trusted dealers. Send them a picture of the watch(s) your like and they will tell you if it's rep'ed.

B.B.

onionbag

Hello and welcome. So you're from England...........well no reps for you, as opposed to us here in Scotland where they are issued on the national health, seemingly it's a basic tenet of the SNP "government"............a vote buying mechanism if you will, and very successful it is too. ;)

scorpion

G'day Mate, Huan Ying, Velkommen, Welkom, Bienvenue, Willkommen, Benvenuto, Dzieñ Dobry, Dobrodošao, Vítejte, Bonvenon, Tervetuloa, Accueil, Fogadtatás, Velkomin, Selamat Datang, Powitanie, Bem-vindo, Välkommen and Welcome.

My advice is to leave here right now, dont look back just go away and forget you ever found this site.................

Or get your wallet ready for a serious spending spree!!!!!!

Electron17

Great introduction and welcome to RWG. :q5:

PAB

Hello and welcome. So you're from England...........well no reps for you, as opposed to us here in Scotland where they are issued on the national health, seemingly it's a basic tenet of the SNP "government"............a vote buying mechanism if you will, and very successful it is too. ;)

:lmao2:

Cyril_Clunge

Hello :wave: and welcome to RWG :damnthecolonials: :)

hnic

welcome

Crusader

Best would be to send a message to MReplica or Mary @ Watchinternational and ask if the Portuguese Yacht Club is repped, I think I've seen something similar somewhere.

And just an advice... When you see word Panerai or a topic named Panerai, just turn around and run. You will thank me later :lol:

Jay Z

Hey Guys, thanks for the warm welcome and tips!

Woke up this morning, did a bit of searching and came across this: http://www.timesshop...-automatic.html

It is very cheap and pretty close to what I want, are they reputable? Has anyone purchased from them?

Also does anyone have Mary's email address? I have heard her being spoken about a lot but don't really know who she is! I've tried to send her a message on the forum but it is not going through for some reason...

Edited by shyam

dalboy

Hello and welcome to the forum..

Very nice introduction btw do plenty of reading , inparticular the new members section..good luck mate..and yes your right , poverty is the order of day from now on..

Dal..........

onionbag

Also does anyone have Mary's email address?

It's [email protected] and sorry but I know nothing about that watch, although Timesshops is a TD here.

Jay Z

Also does anyone have Mary's email address?

It's [email protected] and sorry but I know nothing about that watch, although Timesshops is a TD here.

Great, much appreciated. I'll e-mail her now.

If timeshops is a TD I might just take the plunge and purchase it now! $88 is a bargain.

I also just found this it is much more expensive at $308 but what do we think about them?

http://www.puretime.co/product/portuguese-chrono-3714-rg-black-dial-on-black-leather-strap-a7750-improved/

Thanks,

Shyam

onionbag

Puretime are not a TD here, so our mods cannot help you with any problems you may encounter. They are however TD's on other rep forums, many here have bought from them with no issues, although it's telling that Greg, our Admin, says he would not buy from them in any circumstances.

That watch will be much better than the other, and will have functions similar to the gen.

I think some reading is due on your part, take your time with any purchase and do your homework.

Edit to add: I see the Puretime A7750 is a ' running seconds at 6'............this is a notoriously problematic adaptation for this movement and renders it liable to catastrophic failure.

Cyril_Clunge

You may want to look around for info on the secs @ 6 issue with the A7750 movement too. it's definitely something to consider with the more expensive rep.

Grimmi

Hi and welcome...

I've purchased from Timeshops and yeah, they're one of the trusted dealers here on RWG, so they are reputable...

From my experience, they are pretty good with the cheaper replicas...

My experience with TS is that they will send you you're watch, but communication is slow and difficult (if not infuriating)...

If you want better quality and are willing to pay a bit more (I guess you get what you pay for) then have a look in the trusted dealers list here and maybe try someone like Marvellous Replica or Watch International (aka: Mary / Rochest)..

You'll find their emails there...

MR has been amazing all areas of communication and quality in my experience, and although I've yet to purchase from them, I've heard a lot and seen heaps of the watches that come through Mary...

Good luck!

Jay Z

Thanks for the replies and help guys. I've had a good read and I think I understand the issue with the @6 secs but still don't quite understand it apart from it will cause the whole watch to stop working?? Maybe that is the issue I had with my Breitling??

I've sent Mary an e-mail and she is quick to respond which is great!

Just a quick question about the timeshop watch that I linked earlier http://www.timesshop.net/9962-iwc7060-iwc-portuguese-white-dial-rg-ru-asian-21j-automatic.html

This is an Asian 21j movement, I am guessing it doesn't have the same problem as the A7750??

RichardMiami

Thanks for the replies and help guys. I've had a good read and I think I understand the issue with the @6 secs but still don't quite understand it apart from it will cause the whole watch to stop working?? Maybe that is the issue I had with my Breitling??

Just a quick question about the timeshop watch that I linked earlier http://www.timesshop...-automatic.html

This is an Asian 21j movement, I am guessing it doesn't have the same problem as the A7750??

The functionality of that particular rep is VERY different. The subdial at 6 is not seconds at all, but some sort of 12 hour marker. The subdial at 12 is marked for 24 hours.. no telling what it does. While the watch has pushers resembling a chrono.. it is 21J and most likely not a chrono at all... you might ask TS what the subdials do and what functions the "chrono" pushers have? Otherwise, I would stay away from that one.

NFleischer

Hi and welcome. I see you have good taste in watches.

The Tourby's are very expensive and I'm not sure how reliable they are. The Portuguese chrono is a classic but is one of the

most infamous reps mechanically. You'd be better of with one of the other chronos like the Top Gun -IMO. A good place to browse

is Perfect Clones website. They have pictures of almost every rep out there. Scroll down on the Trusted Dealer page.

Jay Z

Just a quick question about the timeshop watch that I linked earlier http://www.timesshop...-automatic.html

The functionality of that particular rep is VERY different. The subdial at 6 is not seconds at all, but some sort of 12 hour marker. The subdial at 12 is marked for 24 hours.. no telling what it does. While the watch has pushers resembling a chrono.. it is 21J and most likely not a chrono at all... you might ask TS what the subdials do and what functions the "chrono" pushers have? Otherwise, I would stay away from that one.

Thanks, really good spot - I will look into it. Although for $88 it is a pretty cheap replica for a $16,000 watch! I have found some more accurate replicas however they are all the IWC Portuguese 3714 whereas I want the 3902 but they are just super elusive for some reason!?