Sign in to follow this  
Jay Z

New member looking to purchase my first rep of many...

RichardMiami

Couple of hard learned lessons for you to consider:

1. The perfect rep does not exist. You can get very, very close, but it will cost you.

2. Not every watch is repped. Some are repped many times by different factories (see - Rolex), but some are not repped at all. It is the law of supply and demand at work.

3. You do NOT "get what you pay for". This is an illegal hobby - expect some people to try to rip you off. Translation: STICK to the TRUSTED DEALERS.

You are on the right track so far! Welcome to the madness!

Jay Z

Couple of hard learned lessons for you to consider:

1. The perfect rep does not exist. You can get very, very close, but it will cost you.

2. Not every watch is repped. Some are repped many times by different factories (see - Rolex), but some are not repped at all. It is the law of supply and demand at work.

3. You do NOT "get what you pay for". This is an illegal hobby - expect some people to try to rip you off. Translation: STICK to the TRUSTED DEALERS.

You are on the right track so far! Welcome to the madness!

Thanks Richard! I will just purchase this $88 one for now to tide me over until I find a better rep or a different watch.

One quick question, the rep uses Asian 21j movement, I am guessing it doesn't have the same problem as the A7750?

Jay Z

Just purchased it! First of many I think...

Will post pictures once it comes in a few days! Don't own an SLR so will have to do with iphone 5 quality pics

parisianshut

Just purchased it! First of many I think...

Will post pictures once it comes in a few days! Don't own an SLR so will have to do with iphone 5 quality pics

waiting for your pics !

good 1st purchase. you may want to order higher end reps after that first one.

just stay with the TDs ... no matter what.

Grimmi

One quick question, the rep uses Asian 21j movement, I am guessing it doesn't have the same problem as the A7750?

No, it doesn't have the same problems as the A7750 with the secs (subdial) running @6 on the dial as it does not have secs running @6 on the dial. It has completely different functions...

This is I think what Richard was trying to say when he said:

The functionality of that particular rep is VERY different. The subdial at 6 is not seconds at all, but some sort of 12 hour marker. The subdial at 12 is marked for 24 hours.. no telling what it does. While the watch has pushers resembling a chrono.. it is 21J and most likely not a chrono at all... you might ask TS what the subdials do and what functions the "chrono" pushers have? Otherwise, I would stay away from that one.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it and please post some pics! :)

UmpaHimself

Keep looking round, give it a month and your taste will change and you will want something else ;)

+1 Your tastes are going to change big time, and get more expensive too :D

Jay Z

So they're currently out of stock which means I don't have it...and they're not sure how long it will take to get them back in stock, maybe a week or a month. Which sucks a lot as I really want one!

I have been looking today but does anyone else know where I can find the same rep somewhere else? If not I will have to go back and find another watch I really like, which knowing my very picky taste, will take months!

Thanks,

Shyam

Member X

All the Trusted Dealers shop in the same place, so unless one of them has one in stock (not very likely as they usually go out to buy the watch once you have sent the money) it is likely that they are not available.

I would keep saving and keep looking round the forum, especially at the wristies threads. I liked my first rep for a while but I soon changed my tastes through exposure to other watches, and now I have a collection I would never have thought I would have bought!!

Jay Z

All the Trusted Dealers shop in the same place, so unless one of them has one in stock (not very likely as they usually go out to buy the watch once you have sent the money) it is likely that they are not available.

I would keep saving and keep looking round the forum, especially at the wristies threads. I liked my first rep for a while but I soon changed my tastes through exposure to other watches, and now I have a collection I would never have thought I would have bought!!

Thank you very much Mr X! I paid a few weeks ago and have been speaking to him ever since but he really isn't sure when he will be able to get one in which is quite frustrating as I have fallen in love with the IWC Portuguese Yacht Club! So you don't think it is likely at all that he will get one for a good few weeks? I don't mind waiting..

Also what is your favourite watch? I either want something very classy, simple and understated but unique like the IWC Portuguese Yacht Club (ardiose face and rose gold) I have heard/read Jaegre Le Coutres are quite similar? Or recently I have started to like APs and Rolexes...

RichardMiami

Shyam

Don't worry about what someone else's favorite watch. Everyone's taste is different to one degree or another. Just go shopping. Go to any one of 100s of gen watch sites on the web, go to jewelry stores, go to Authorized Dealers and try watches on.

Rep dealers with very large websites to look at include Watch International and Silix Prime, among others. This is part of the fun.

Relax and enjoy!

Member X

+1 to Richard :) and Puretime and Trustytime and PerfectClones are also good websites to window-shop as they are more up to date than the main Trusted Dealers on here, then you can just send a link of what you like to the Trusted Dealers on here :)

I would look around and perhaps consider getting something else first - the factories that put the watches together are struggling slightly at the moment due to police crackdowns, so if you can't get the YM now then it might not be available for weeks / months.

Look at the wristy threads in the General Discussion forum and see what takes your fancy! :)