Sign in to follow this  
fana05

Recent Nautilus "1:1" SW200 owners, Rotor question

fana05

Hey, I have one en route that Hont sourced for me. Two other TDs I emailed said they couldn't get the watch at the moment. It took Hont about a week to get one from the factory and he stated:

because these days the factory give me watches very slow

you know this year bad for rep business in china .

Initially he had sent me pictures of the Chinese 1:1 model and the rotor in the pictures resembled the gen one in shape pretty darn close

Picture of the gen rotor and its shape:

patek-philippe-nautilus-chronograph-3.jpg

This morning I received my QC pictures and it has a "standard" ETA rotor in the shape we're all so familiar with.

IMG_6174.JPG

I know both types are tells but I find the shape of the Nautilus-esque particularly beautiful and wasn't going to try to pass it off as a gen. It would've been for me to look at because I'm fascinated with the display case back. Yet, I accepted and had him ship it today because of his competitive pricing compared to puretime, for instance.

I also looked at the Nautilus on Toro's website and it doesn't have the Patek-style rotor either. One of the pictures shows a plain ETA rotor with "Swiss 25J..."

So I couldn't help but wonder, is this version no longer being produced? Did the guy that used to do the rotor customization quit? A lot of the Nautilus' offered in M2M sales still have the custom rotor, a few I've seen had the Patek logo engraved as opposed to the stick-on logo. Being new to the rep business, is it customary that they usually arbitrarily use whatever is available?

It's a stunning watch notwithstanding and I'm elated with my purchase well ahead of actually having it on my wrist. That said, I can't help but be a little bummed out about the rotor.

Out of curiosity I started the poll and would be interested in finding out which rotor type they installed on your movement. This topic will also serve as a placeholder for my review once I receive the watch

Edited by greg_r

Member X
is it customary that they usually arbitrarily use whatever is available?

I think this is the key thing to remember - a factory isn't going to sit around waiting for a 1:1 part to be available in a week, they will crack on with an alternative until they can source the original part!

Annoying? Yes. Rep-maker money-making mentality? Yes. :lol:

fana05

Bummer.. I wish I was a more patient person and just wait till he can get the other version again :facepalm: their money-making mentality is in perfect synchronicity with my instant-gratification-must-have-now mentality

Edited by fana05

fana05

Another teaser, crappy QC lume shot

IMG_6180.JPG

Silverspeed

Good find from Hont!.....the blue dial on bracelet has been very hard to find

fana05

:B):

thanks, that's solid comfort in the face of my disappointment over the rotor. Can't wait to get it

Silverspeed

If you can enjoy the rep as it is, you'll have a great watch! They will never make a good copy of the PP movement, but at least you get the best available in reps...the Selitta.

And it's a pretty one.........

IMG_5548kopie.jpg

Crusader

Just don't show it to your grandfather... or is it father-in-law? :giggle:

fana05

Wow stunning picture! Wish that's what my rotor looked like :Whistle:

Just don't show it to your grandfather... or is it father-in-law? :giggle:

My fiancee's gpa.. he has the gen haha.. rich old fart

Edited by fana05

Abagnale

Edited by amperes

jeffw69

Mine with Sellita movement:

preview_image_0_94751692x.jpg

fana05

Gahhh!! Jeff, how long ago did you buy it?

amperes, join the club and thanks for shedding some light on this. Did you get the blue dial version also?

jeffw69

It's been about 3 months I believe.

fana05

How is the lume on these? Your average rep lume? the reviews are very unclear about this, some state it has poor lume, others describe it as long-lasting..

jeffw69

Mine is pretty poor, I wasn't expecting anything too spectacular.

Abagnale

Did you get the blue dial version also?

yep, the blue one

56267b00.jpg

cheers

part_timer

Got mine last year, with the sticker and "esque" rotor. Get's a lot of wear! Been resting it the last few months, but just gave it a wind up last night, so ready for some evening adventures.

Don't mind the back, just keep ogling the bracelet and catching the dial in different light! ;)

fana05

this is nothing but a pipe dream at this point, but would a talented modder be able to mill a rotor into shape and maybe even do the proper engraving? for some distant time in the future when I have money to burn :giggle:

Another QC picture.. I'm so amped up about this watch

IMG_6172.JPG

Edited by fana05

fana05

Do I have a different dial than you, mate? :blink:

flamagic

I knew I would never be happy looking at an eta(or sellita) type movement in the back of a Patek.That's why I opted for the model with the closed back. I removed the second hand and ended up with an almost perfect rep of the older, but classic 3700 Nautilus. Looks good on..and off the wrist..

DSCN0809.jpg

fana05

Very nice flamagic

IMG_6178.JPG

Abagnale

Edited by amperes

fana05

Might just be the angle but the horizontal stripes on your dial look nicely bevelled, almost roundish. On mine they look perfectly flat and a little dull, almost like the cheapie version dial

which I guess wouldn't be possible because of the date window position... god i'm going nuts waiting on this watch and it has only been half a day :giggle:

Edited by fana05

Abagnale

Edited by amperes

fana05

should have opened a thread "who has the best nautilus" :giggle: pretty sure the dials are one and the same. Got my tracking number an hour ago, will upload pictures for comparison and drooling once I receive the watch