Sign in to follow this  
fana05

Recent Nautilus "1:1" SW200 owners, Rotor question

fana05

quick 'n dirty picture, watch made it to Ohio in 3 days.. posted on the 26th, received it Saturday.. unreal

it feels great and well made, lume was somewhat sloppily applied on some hour markers and the lume is weak rep lume. sweep is ultra smooth. 12 o'clock hour markers slightly misaligned. Dial color change is beautiful. Not sure if worth >$400 but it's a really nice timepiece

rsz_120121001_171831.jpg

baxter

looks very nice fana - Congrats and enjoy :)

replicastuff

love the blue dial.

part_timer

The 12 o'clock markers seem to be out on most pics I've seen of this rep.

Rochest told me that he could get me one of these back when I was on the hunt for one, but as he wasn't satisfied with the markers it was best to wait, so I waited the extra weeks, and my markers are not bad.

I'm sure the gen I saw on blowers's website has iffy 12 o'clock markers too, so don't be put out too much! ;)

fana05

Question for you guys, I was adjusting the time earlier in the quiet of my living room. I noticed when unscrewing the crown from the tube, it makes a clicking sound and screwing it back down is not only hard but produces a scratchy sound and it takes me two or three attempts to get it to screw down on the thread. Have you been experiencing anything like this?

Edited by fana05

hnic

looks great

mianos

Question for you guys, I was adjusting the time earlier in the quiet of my living room. I noticed when unscrewing the crown from the tube, it makes a clicking sound and screwing it back down is not only hard but produces a scratchy sound and it takes me two or three attempts to get it to screw down on the thread. Have you been experiencing anything like this?

Yes. My Nautilius, unlike my other watches with the Selita, the winding mechanism does not seem to disengage when you push the crown in.

fana05

So could that potentially do any harm to the movement?

Member X

If the winding mechanism won't disengage while you screw the crown in, I think it means the stem is a bit too short.

If the crown won't 'catch' to wind in, you could try pressing it in then winding it 'out' towards you till you feel it 'jump' to the next thread in , then you can wind it in because you know you've found the end of the thread :)

Burnleybezel

:-)

Edited by Burnleybezel

Sinowatch
If the winding mechanism won't disengage while you screw the crown in, I think it means the stem is a bit too short.

If the crown won't 'catch' to wind in, you could try pressing it in then winding it 'out' towards you till you feel it 'jump' to the next thread in , then you can wind it in because you know you've found the end of the thread :)

What does it take to change the stem?

KrakDrazh

Special price, just for you!

Item ID -

Model # -

premium watchCase -

Steel

Case Size -

41 x 45mm

Movement -

Automatic

Dial -

Black Dial

Bracelet/Strap -

Steel Bracelet

Retail Price$17,500Your Price

$28,000

Condition -

Ask for Details

Found at: http://www.essential-watches.com/Patek-Philippe-3700-Jumbo-Nautilus--Ref-3700-14298

Edited by KrakDrazh

Abagnale

Edited by amperes

FLArch

Been trying to source a closed back Nauti but all TD's telling me no can find. Oh the agony!

FLArch
quick 'n dirty picture, watch made it to Ohio in 3 days.. posted on the 26th, received it Saturday.. unreal

it feels great and well made, lume was somewhat sloppily applied on some hour markers and the lume is weak rep lume. sweep is ultra smooth. 12 o'clock hour markers slightly misaligned. Dial color change is beautiful. Not sure if worth >$400 but it's a really nice timepiece

rsz_120121001_171831.jpg

Not trying to sling mud on said parade, but those 12 markers would drive me mad, mate!

KrakDrazh

So what do you people think about the difference of the dial of the open and closed backside models?

The closed back have thinner and more "lines" on the dial, which also seem to be more flat like gen. The

The open back have fewer/wider lines that seems a bit more bulgy, but I feel like they might catch the light better.

What do the owner of these reps think?

Prancuzas

I would say date window position is a bigger tell rather than the number of lines of the dial, so to my mind SW200 is better. Bear in mind that overall finish quality would be better on more expensive piece.

I have two incoming (SW200 and A4813) Nautiluses, will do a personal comparison (maybe a photoshoot-out)

KrakDrazh

I'm looking at the sw200, are you getting both from the same td?

Looking forward to your review!

Prancuzas

Yes - both are coming in the same package! should have them in a week or two if HK post wont let me down again ;)

screenshot-1354685375759.png

Edited by Prancuzas

FLArch
Yes - both are coming in the same package! should have them in a week or two if HK post wont let me down again ;)

screenshot-1354685375759.png

I will be patiently waiting this side by side! Awesome!

tesmith2112

Great watch!

Luthier
04-39.jpg

xbb

I wanna fill in the poll but I wouldn't know a rotor if it bit me in the ass

A20BF02B-EA52-4735-8374-ADEBBE1F2320-4033-000007C26D2F81E4_zps5269cd42.jpg

6DAE75B5-3C0E-4548-84A5-82554D67189F-4033-000007C1F631ACAC_zps966c48a8.jpg

Lokin

The rotor is the weight that spins in circles. You have the desirable rotor. Congrats.

xbb

Thanks for that mate. The pics were my QC shots. Can't wait to get it and see that gold little baby spin.