Sign in to follow this  
scavenger

Need help: Carrera Day Date QC photo

scavenger

Hello all,

Pulled the trigger on a nice little rep - the Carrera Day Date and was sent some QC photos. I've noticed that the minute markings on the dial do not align properly. Are my eyes deceiving me? Is this a refraction effect from the crystal? Or are the markings truly misaligned?

IMG_1910_zps468d2715.jpg

Comments, advice welcome.

Edited by scavenger

markeym3

It all.looks good to me , nice watch , the date looks odd just changing over , but nice choice of watch .

sherbert79

Got the same watch delivered today, some of the markings are off on mine but I wouldnt worry about it as its barely noticable!! Cracking watch and its a real head turner!!!

SG085

Nice ! Have the same one with black leather strap.

HeavyKrush

I have the same watch, and it's off by about the same degree. Not noticeable on the wrist. One of my faves for sure.

scavenger

Thanks for the replies. I've been browsing the forums quite heavily on this and the Carrera Day Date does indeed seem to be quite popular. Problem is almost all the posts/reviews/QC shots I've seen do not have the problem with the misaligned markings.

I also had the chance to peruse a gen a couple of days back and yes, on the wrist and from a reasonable distance, one would not be able to make out any alignment issues. At least not without squinting and getting up close. It's just that these QC shots magnify the details so much more clearly than in real life.

I'm afraid I decided to pass on this watch. The TD was kind, understanding and patient enough to explain that this issue is present in all (current) reps of this model coming from the factory. He'd also allowed me to change my mind and upgrade to the new Link Chrono instead, for which I was really grateful. Awaiting QC shots of that now... it's their National Day over there at the moment so I'm remaining patient until they get back from a well deserved break.

DreambreaX

One of the greatest model from tag. nice choose!

I have this the real one. i also have the rep one. (same version got 2).

However the main problem for the rep is the red color needle. the gen, the red color is bright and a bit of orange. the rep, the red color is way to dark.

and also, the blue tint of the chrystal sapphire has different color when it comes to light.

The gen, has darker black dial rather than the bezel.