Sign in to follow this  
Abagnale

Rolex GMT II C - 24 hour hand position

Abagnale

hi all

is there actually a gmt 2 c rep with the 24 hour hand in the correct order like the gen?

----------------------- second hand

I I

---------------------- minute hand

I I

------------------------ 24 hour hand

I I

-------------- hour hand

I I

------------------------------------------------------------------

cheers

sconehead

yep...but the CHS model (correct hand stack) is notoriously unreliable...avoid it...;)

dalboy

Dammit beaten by SH again.

Dal.

Abagnale

ahh, chs, i understand. one has to love this abbreviations ;-) thanks guys...

cheerio

turbotow

I just got a GMT rep online last week. I went with the "correct hand stack" but now wish I wouldnt have. I have not had any problems as of yet, but the quick date feature changes when the GMT hand is at midnight not the normal hour hand. I am guessing this is due to the modifications to put the hands in the correct alignment. I have been wearing the watch everyday and put it on the winder at night.

10:10 Watch Repair

the quick date feature changes when the GMT hand is at midnight not the normal hour hand.

Sounds like a fair tradeoff.

conx
I just got a GMT rep online last week. I went with the "correct hand stack" but now wish I wouldnt have. I have not had any problems as of yet, but the quick date feature changes when the GMT hand is at midnight not the normal hour hand. I am guessing this is due to the modifications to put the hands in the correct alignment. I have been wearing the watch everyday and put it on the winder at night.

Yep, apart for the fact it is not the most robust movement, the date change with the 24hour hand is a problem. Until someone clones the Rolex movement gmt watches will never be truly usable for dual time usage imo. I'm about to sell on my gmt's as I travel a lot and I havent found one that works well for me yet. I'm now using Seiko's with an 8f56 movement as these operate in the same manner as the Rolex gen.

turbotow

It took me a few minutes to figure that out. When I first went to check the quick date, I couldnt figure out why it would change at 2 am.. Then I realized it was using the GMT hand. I have the GMT hand set at my same time zone and turned the bezel to show GMT (London) time. This way the date changes correct for me.

conx

Yep. That's how I ended up using my gmt iic, just move everything to the local time wherever I am and then move the Bezel to show Uk time.

Good luck with it, I hope it turns out you got a robust one :)