Sign in to follow this  
Del

Wolf in pressure test shocker!

NCRich

silicon grease

NCRich

So I got my Seawolf v2 pressure tested today and it FAILED!

:thud:

My v1 passed 5 ATM out of the box....

Horrible watch....you should send it to me so you will be out of your misery :lol:

Del

:lol:

Thanks guys.

Yes, it could be the crystal, case back, HeV or crown. :dunno:

As I said, it's no biggie - I don't swim much anyway! :D

Maybe if I still have it when I'm going on holiday next summer then I'll perhaps speak to Mr Wiz! ;)

Corv99

must admit I wouldn't want to risk any of mine in water!!

Luthier

Never had any of mind tested

You should...

;)

10:10 Watch Repair

I'd go possibly with the crew down crown......i can't see it failing from the crystal or case back. Maybe check the gasket on the stem

The crystal and bezel assembly on that watch are a weak point. The entire bezel is usually pressure fit into a crystal gasket and then the rotating bezel attaches to that.

I have seen the whole assembly pop off more than once.

That said, it could be any number of things.

digger2

Haha guys, feels great to have the real thing, will try her down to 2000ft next time visiting Honduras as said in some other thread

Do you want me to rub it in ;-)

_A055867_w.jpg

P1110459_w.jpg

P1110411_w.jpg

P1110430_w.jpg

P1110438_w.jpg

P1110442_w.jpg

P1110417_w.jpg

_A055885_w.jpg

Del
Haha guys, feels great to have the real thing, will try her down to 2000ft next time visiting Honduras as said in some other thread

:lol:

2000ft? I'd have been happy with 5ft! :D

ronin007

So I got my Seawolf v2 pressure tested today and it FAILED!

:thud:

My v1 passed 5 ATM out of the box....

So did my gen tt rolex sub,500 kg and it fell apart,6000 pounds fucked,insurance wouldn't pay up

wat44

My "waterproofed" gmt iic failed at the crystal, in fact, the crystal almost fell out by itself

Jetpants

I wouldn't trust it too much anyway. The "mall guy" pressure tested my gen chrono (a slevin) at 5atms and failed. Took it to Richemont and they passed it at 12atms on their equipment in the same condition.

BTW, my ploprof v2 passed at 12atms after lubing the seals, OOB, also by the mall guy. Although I swim with it, I still don't trust it

ronin007

Are you going to sell it now to me,lol

Kal-el
must admit I wouldn't want to risk any of mine in water!!

+ 1

Muaitai

I ordered a yellow one, I guess I will have it waterproofed as soon as I receive it.

P4GTR

:bragpicturewhore:

aoeu

Wow, a rep watch that didn't pass waterproof test, who would have thought..

Harsh, my friend. But true! I suppose it depends on the quality of the rep. A Canal Street rep will get moisture in its case even in the middle of the desert, whilst a good quality rep will survive a trip to the swimming pool at least.

Rep divers are desktop divers in the vast majority of cases. If you plan to do any serious diving, you need a gen. This doesn't mean dropping six grand on a Rollie, but it does mean getting something like a Seiko 5 or Orange Monster. A rep just doesn't do in such cases.

Good Luck, and happy collecting! ;o)

mostling
Wow, pretty hostile there...

And totally deserved. You do have a habit of dropping sarcastic, snide comments into threads, can't really complain when someone reacts in my view.

I guess i should take it as a compliment that you noticed that a drop some sarcasm here and there, i thought sarcasm was totally lost on the internets, so thank you for noticing ;)

Del

The whole point of me posting this thread was to let those who have recently bought a Wolf v2 know not to assume it will be waterproof. Yes, I know you should never trust a rep near water (I'm not a complete noob :rolleyes:) but the Seawolf and other high quality Breitling reps like the SOSFv2 have been purported to be waterproof out of the box (like my v1 was, for example). My Wolf v2 appears not to be so will not be going swimming unless I have it waterproofed in the future.

Hopefully, this has been useful to somebody and perhaps has made them think twice about risking their Wolf v2 in water before having it tested.

:thumbsup2:

Mystery Shopper

Spot on Del. It is worth getting a pressure test done locally after delivery (even though the rep may be high end and relatively costly). I didn't swim with any of my reps for about a year- until I had my sub modded and then re-pressure tested locally.

It does feel ridiculous though taking a DSSD off so it is safe to rinse a few dishes!

trailboss99

My "waterproofed" gmt iic failed at the crystal, in fact, the crystal almost fell out by itself

Which leads me to the fact it will be going together either Tues arvo or Wed morning (busy weekend, working all day tomorrow). I'd do it right now but my eyes are hanging out of my head and I'd rather be awake for that one :)

If you are lucky (read AP does it's job) you will have it by Friday.

gtwc

_A055867_w.jpg

P1110459_w.jpg

P1110411_w.jpg

P1110430_w.jpg

P1110438_w.jpg

P1110442_w.jpg

P1110417_w.jpg

_A055885_w.jpg

Absolutely awestruck by your photos.

Del, sorry 'bout your failure - now try to copy these macro beauties.............

:giggle: