Sign in to follow this  
turbotow

GMT2 Pics

turbotow

Hey everyone.. Im new to the board and wish I would of signed up earlier. I just got my first rep from an online store last week. I was a little nervous hearing about all the scam websites out there, but I got lucky and the watch showed up within the week after I clicked "pay".

I bought my first reps back in the early 90s down in Mexico and they were nothing but junk. Even after I searched and searched for the "best" and went into dark back store rooms, I never was impressed. I got so frustrated and my respect for the genuine thing made me buy a new gen Sub in 97. I work in the automotive field and really miss wearing my watches at work. So, once again I am looking for a rep to keep my wrist happy during the daytime.

Overall, this rep is ok. Here are a few things that I noticed right away. Feel free to let me know anything else wrong you see in the pics.

1. The bezel numbers are thin and very greyish in color. In low light they barely show up.

2. The clasp is the new style, but does not have the "easylink" feature.

3. The bracelet is very sloppy and doesnt seem very sturdy.

4. The LEC is way to big. It took me 10 mins with a loop and correct lighting to see the crown on my 05 YM.

5. I got the "correct hand stack" and the quick date changes when the GMT hand strikes 12, not the hour hand.

DSC06243.jpg

DSC06248.jpg

DSC06255.jpg

DSC06267.jpgDSC06257.jpg

DSC06269.jpg

Hope you like..

UmpaHimself

Not so bad for a shot in the dark. What did you pay?

turbotow

$477 with box and shipping.

Burnleybezel

Hello and welcome,

At least you got the watch, stick to the trusted dealers here. You could get a high end custom rep from BK for that money.

Have a look at the TD sections and feed back and read the newbie section.

You've found the right place.

B.B.

Flaguyinetown

Welcome Turbo Tow!

Dude, you've got me ROFL right now--no offense! Is there a fcuking echo in here?

"Hey everyone.. Im new to the board and wish I would of signed up earlier. I just got my first rep from an online store last week. I was a little nervous hearing about all the scam websites out there, but I got lucky and the watch showed up within the week after I clicked "pay"."

Hahah, that's pretty much the EXACT same thing I said 4 days ago when I joined. ROFL. :)

DOES EVERYONE SAY THAT WHEN THEY STUMBLE UPON THIS PLACE? :help3:

The mods here must hear that a lot!

Dude, $477 is a good chunk of change for a rep. That will get you a top of the line REP from the trusted dealers here for most brands.

Like me, you paid 2x or more too much shopping elsewhere--which is what I did three weeks ago myself.