Sign in to follow this  
doron

Hello all! need some help settling in to RWG

doron

Hey everyone, my name is Doron and I'm from Australia.

I've recently gotten very into watches, and I've been looking for a site like this where I can learn a lot and then buy a good replica. I don't really know anything about original watches let alone replicas at the moment.

I can see that there is an insane amount of info here, and I've been reading the 'new members' threads etc but it has been pretty haphazard for me because of the sheer volume of information. If there is anyone here who can make my life a bit easier and direct me to which threads I should read first and all, I'd be very thankful.

Finally, the watch that I currently have my eye on is the Rolex Submariner, all black (with the black nylon strap). Is there any chance i can get a sort of idea what are my chances of getting a good quality one, and what is the approximate price range for such a watch?

Thanks in advance guys,

Doron

Prancuzas

Welcome on board!

trailboss99

Welcome mate, if you haven't already, read this: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=4

By all black you mean PVD? As in the case is black? To find out about them search for "Pro Hunter"

doron

Welcome mate, if you haven't already, read this: http://www.rwg.bz/bo...php?showtopic=4

By all black you mean PVD? As in the case is black? To find out about them search for "Pro Hunter"

Thanks for the link, i'll get reading soon.

I'm still unclear about terminology - does the 'case' mean the strap? In any case, yes, the Pro Hunter is the one I'm looking for. Is there any sort of price range anyone can give me, or is there a special page dedicated to it or anything? Where should I search

grb

No it's the little disc shaped thing that holds the stuff that ticks that sits behind the bit that tells the time. :giggle: I like you already, You are only one step behind me

Olig7475

Hi there Doron, the very best thing you can do is read all the threads on the 'New Members' page, most of the questions you have will be answered there. If you are looking for a Pro Hunter, then get over to the Trusted Dealer pages, most of them have websites you can browse through, but it's worth dropping them all an email with your requirements and of course let them know you are a RWG member. When you do eventually pull the trigger on a watch, you will need patience and lots of it. It aint like shopping on Amazon, sometimes it can take days just to have your order confirmed and expect a long wait (anything from a few days, to month) for delivery. But you have come to the right place if you want to get into rep watches, you are amongst friends here, 25000 like minded souls.

Enjoy

Del

Hello and welcome! :thumbsup2:

Read you must.....:yoda:

Amit

Welcome mate

Lord Flashheart

Hello and welcome Moron Doron.

I particularly like the way you announced the fact that you are an Australian in the same manner that alcoholics admit their problem. There really is no need to apologise for it dear boy, there are even some Americans here.

Reading is definitely the way forward here, the membership will willingly answer any questions you may have but it behoves you to undertake research of your own. Read, enjoy, spend, and most important of all, don't take every post you see here too seriously.

Conex

Welcome. Have fun and always buy from Trusted Dealers. All the trusted dealers on RWG have been strictly vetted and need to keep up their rep to remain on the trusted dealer list. Be patient with them as they have loads of orders, but they normally email back quite quickly. Bear in mind that this week is a golden week in China so everyone is off work until the end of this week, so may not reply as quickly. Good luck with your addiction.

Cyril_Clunge

Hello :wave: and welcome to RWG :)

kevin123

mate the site is wicked. very easy to build up a little bit of knowlage to start you off. Nice to have some support when buying from trusted dealers. i have read sooooo much info on here and there are still things i dont understand but im sure it will all come together.

prepare to spend a few quid here tho

trailboss99
trailboss99

Oh, and here you will find a pro hunter, the all black sub. http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=34605

I know you want a NATO strap but you are best to buy the watch on a bracelet and swap in a quality strap as the rep NATOs are crap.

The best quality NATOs can be found here: http://www.broadarrow.net/maratac.htm They supply the real deal genuine NATO issue straps.

If you want to buy locally in OZ try here: http://www.natostrap.com/Home/Home.html

BTW, where is OZ are you mate?

doron

Wow guys, thanks for all the support, this is really a super-friendly place. I'm gonna get reading as soon as i can, its a shame I'm absolutely buried in work atm.

BTW, where is OZ are you mate?

I'm from Sydney, you also from around here? Thanks for the links you hooked me up with man!

Balad1

Fuck reading all that stuff, BUY BUY BUY!

scorpion

G'day Mate, Huan Ying, Velkommen, Welkom, Bienvenue, Willkommen, Benvenuto, Dzieñ Dobry, Dobrodošao, Vítejte, Bonvenon, Tervetuloa, Accueil, Fogadtatás, Velkomin, Selamat Datang, Powitanie, Bem-vindo, Välkommen and Welcome.

My advice is to leave here right now, dont look back just go away and forget you ever found this site.................

Or get your wallet ready for a serious spending spree!!!!!!

Luthier

We always suggest to noobs - read for a week or two, then, if you'll get something - ask questions.

Remember - castration is a mandatory punishment for "Who has the best Sub?" question.

I'm not sure, if you chose your nick wisely... ;)

Welcome to the forum!

Corv99

We always suggest to noobs - read for a week or two, then, if you'll get something - ask questions.

Remember - castration is a mandatory punishment for "Who has the best Sub?" question.

I'm not sure, if you chose your nick wisely... ;)

Welcome to the forum!

:giggle:

YoungGPS

animated_gif_3d_028.gif

and

animierte-gifs-image_welcome_spinning.gif

dalboy

Welcome to the forum..

Your road to poverty has begun..enjoy your journey....and as has been said read plenty..

Dal........