Sign in to follow this  
merlincat

A hello from (another) noob in England!!

merlincat

Hi everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself.

Found this forum about 4 hours ago and havn't stopped reading threads since! Am trying to read up to avoid the classic noob mistakes, but am sure I will anyway!

I was originally using Google to find the best place to buy replicas in South East Asia. Will be in Thailand, Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam until the new year, so wanted to get myself something nice for Christmas! Having read what you all have to say I don't think I'm going to risk a random piece from one of the markets (unless someone can point me in the direction of a good dealer over there).

I have three watches I'm after:

1) (Tag) Heuer Monaco. Want the Blue Steve McQueen one and one of the Heuer special editions/ re-issues. Is it possible to get good replicas of these models???

2) Rolex Submariner (am liking the thread on the ceramic black one btw)

3) Omega Seamaster (undecided on exact model: has anyone seen any replicas on the skyfall ones yet??)

Don't get on the computer all that frequently (Don't have a smart phone and spend my days working in a field!!) so don't think I'm being a moody bastard.

Finally THANK YOU FOR CREATING/MODARATING THIS FORUM!!! I am an information whore, so this forum should keep me going!

Cheers, Chris

onzenuub

Welcome information whore/noob. :D

onionbag

Hello and welcome Chris. :)

I'm the best in my field(self appointed, and this may be an exaggeration)...............do you have any kittens needing skinned?

Cyril_Clunge

Hello Chris :wave: welcome to RWG :)

merlincat

Hello and welcome Chris. :)

I'm the best in my field(self appointed, and this may be an exaggeration)...............do you have any kittens needing skinned?

No kittens (or any other animals for that matter) needing skinning at the moment. You will be the first to know when I do.

Cyril_Clunge

Don't bloody encourage him!

merlincat

Hi there, am still on the threads and felt the need to post this. I stated the watches I'm after but I'm not expecting anyone here to do my dirtywork in finding them for me. I have laughed so hard at people getting cut down for that!

There is clearly alot for me to learn, and I'm not going to get it all in my head in a day. I welcome and appreciate the input any of you may have, but I'm not here to scrounge off ther collective wisdom.

That said where do I get a perfect Sub???

Just messing

merlincat

Also scrap the Skyfall comment, didn't notice the 007 on the face! Not my cup of tea anymore

YoungGPS

animated_gif_3d_028.gif

and

animierte-gifs-image_welcome_spinning.gif

J.Eric

Hello and Welcome!!

chrisut

more good information here than I have been able to consume. my wife is starting to get mad......