Sign in to follow this  
ClaireB1973

Hello!

ClaireB1973

Jeez Im getting an itchy credit card sat here.... nobody replied to emails or messages... are they ALL on holiday? anyone got a website link recomended that does trusted fast shipment to the UK? yes - Im a woman so im allowed to be impulsive! just guide me where to spend wisely please someone.... I want either the chopard oval happy sports diamond or the chanel j12 ......... or now thinking the Cartier Santos is nice an all... shhh... hubby will be told a lookee lookee man called to the door tho......

jeffw69

yes, actually there is a Chinese holiday going on right now.

Some of the dealer threads indicate when they will be back.

ClaireB1973

yes, actually there is a Chinese holiday going on right now.

Some of the dealer threads indicate when they will be back.

I best make another cup of tea then .....................and watch the rerun of last nights Dallas.... sigh....

HWG

Welcome Claire, enjoy the forum. I bought my wife a 33mm Chanel J12, white, and SS. She loves the white one. It seems to be very popular lately.

trailboss99

Welcome Clair, A J12 would be an excellent starting point, they come in quartz so no having to set the time if you don't wind it all the time and the quality is amazing. The ceramic has a totally different look to steel, makes it rather special and even more so with that lovely MOP (mother of pearl) dial Luth posted. Almost all those Chopard Happy whatevers (there's a dozen + of them) are reped as well, some of them very nicely indeed.

One piece of advice, stay clear of anything with too many diamonds. Even the ones that use real CZ still don't quite match a true diamond in looks. The Chopards are fine however as the diamonds are under the crystal and it's nowhere near as noticeable.

ClaireB1973
Welcome Clair, A J12 would be an excellent starting point, they come in quartz so no having to set the time if you don't wind it all the time and the quality is amazing. The ceramic has a totally different look to steel, makes it rather special and even more so with that lovely MOP (mother of pearl) dial Luth posted. Almost all those Chopard Happy whatevers (there's a dozen + of them) are reped as well, some of them very nicely indeed.

One piece of advice, stay clear of anything with too many diamonds. Even the ones that use real CZ still don't quite match a true diamond in looks. The Chopards are fine however as the diamonds are under the crystal and it's nowhere near as noticeable.

Thankyou! Great advice, im torn... Was thinking the diamonds might look a bit dull alongside my eternity ring - which is real diamonds - they need to really catch the light. Have had an email from Mary so now just to decide....!

Bobbylah

Welcome Claire, enjoy your time here. Just a suggestion, but my wife really likes the PAM 111 she wears. It seems large at first, but it gets her loads of complements. Nice and shiny too if you are a magpie! Watch International has a good 'beginner' model for about $150 plus shipping. You might be surprised.

ClaireB1973

Just concerned about UK and customs now...? is it better to go with a dealer within the EU? confused after reading the theads about this...any thoughts?

Leigh

Shipping should be fine, but ask to send air mail as EMS have had a few issues. Oh, and welcome BTW.

seclark007

Claire,

Welcome! It seems that you're falling fast for our shared passion. Lots of good advice here already so i won't muddy the water too much....Luthier is onto something there...take the old watch to another place for a second opinion...after all, ask the guys here with real rollies...people still think they are fakes, 'cuz they've never seen a real one!

Seems like you're holding your own here in this sea of testosterone.....like comic book stores, we don't get many girls in here :)

Enjoy and good luck :thumbsup2:

ClaireB1973

Claire,

Welcome! It seems that you're falling fast for our shared passion. Lots of good advice here already so i won't muddy the water too much....Luthier is onto something there...take the old watch to another place for a second opinion...after all, ask the guys here with real rollies...people still think they are fakes, 'cuz they've never seen a real one!

Seems like you're holding your own here in this sea of testosterone.....like comic book stores, we don't get many girls in here :)

Enjoy and good luck :thumbsup2:

Thanks for the advice I was wearing the Chanel today to get a "feel" for it... not as bad as I thought... :giggle:

Is there a "wall of shame" in here for previous watches worn by members "pre-rep/gen"? or does nobody own up to ever owning an Elizabeth Duke special? (UK will know her from Argos stores... oh the shame of owning something that came in one of those nasty maroon plastic boxes!) anyway - I have owned and worn an ellesse watch in my shameful past... :-(

Testosterone?? really?? where?! I ran a pub in Bristol city centre for a year, yeah I can hold my own lol! :morebeer: :morebeer: