Sign in to follow this  
Magic

IWC Top Gun v3 - ToroBravo

sammysmiths

Just found that model. IWC must have brought out a new range.

Jfrbentes

Hello Magic

Just new to the forum in search of the top gun model you bought. What is your first three months impression report on the watch?

Magic

It's a great rep and watch in general.

I've snapped the strap on mine though so it's stuck in the watch box until I get a new one.

Overall though its great!

frodostar

theres a gen on tz really considering it , this isnt helping! really nice pick up

Sjors

I thought i saw the same watch on Jeremy Clarkson's wrist, while i was watching the new Top Gear episode.

It looks really nice.

Captain Swoop

Nice looking watch but the Top Gun Logo is a bit naff, like getting a PO with the OO7 logo.

specialforce

Is Toro the exclusive re-seller of this Top Gun V3?

Haven't seen other dealer for sale.

thijsthijs

How is the movement in this watch, does it need any servicing after receiving it. And how is your opinion now, after some months? :-)

jonbummer

I had this from Trusty for about 2 months. and get it to service after 2 weeks, ever since the time keeping has been great. also the Day Date is perfectly aligned and working as it's the chrono. it's a great piece. however, will be considering to let it go if can get my hands on something that Concepta can build. :-D

MH_91

hey mate,

Thank you so much for your awesome post, i've been in love with this watch since i saw it in Top gear ep. Just a quick question, how heavy this watch is? i am really not into heavy watches since i want something for a daily basis.

Would you recommend it? am debating between this and Rolex Explorer II Project X Limited Edition.

this purchase is going to be my 1st replica watch. i have feeling that once i start buying this there is no looking behind.

cheers,

luminox

how about the doppel chrono?any suggestion?

ahcleo

holy.. i jus ordered mine upon seeing this review.

numero2

how about the doppel chrono?any suggestion?

The dopple version is bigger (46mm) and non fonctionnal .... so not for me !! But still a great watch.

For the movement, you can find some version whithout regulating system wihch are cheaper.

There are, minimum, 2 factories that build the 3789, H and V6 factory. You have to do a choice !

mindvision

Looks awesome!

ahcleo

i ordered mine from Lawrence of Asiakronos.. cant wait for them to reach me

Planemo

How is the movement in this watch, does it need any servicing after receiving it. And how is your opinion now, after some months? :-)

Been a while, so thought I would reply. Mine (from Toro) has been really good. The only issue I have (and it's a fairly big one) is with the movement which I mentioned when I fist received it - everything works fine except the manual wind which feels really, really awful. It does wind, but it's so sticky and feels so gritty that I am reluctant to wind it at all, hence I usually set the time, give a couple of few, very cautious winds (until the second hand starts to move) then screw the crown in and let the auto wind do the rest. The 'feel' when manually winding is so sticky and 'gratey' that it feels as if I am about to strip something any minute. That said, it still DOES wind so I'm living with it but I have no doubt that it will fail at some point in the future. I can't believe that something as intricate and delicate as a watch movement will put up with so much torque being put through the crown without failing at some point. I have no idea if all of Toro's Top Guns are like this. Other than that, I love it.

blackpart81

Very nice one, congrats. Thinkin' about to order one at Toro...

ahcleo

hi can i check if the buttons at the side of the watch would operates correctly for all the required function?

Heisenberg

Yes all the buttons work correctly on this watch. All functions are the same as the genuine.

Steve227

Been a while, so thought I would reply. Mine (from Toro) has been really good. The only issue I have (and it's a fairly big one) is with the movement which I mentioned when I fist received it - everything works fine except the manual wind which feels really, really awful. It does wind, but it's so sticky and feels so gritty that I am reluctant to wind it at all, hence I usually set the time, give a couple of few, very cautious winds (until the second hand starts to move) then screw the crown in and let the auto wind do the rest. The 'feel' when manually winding is so sticky and 'gratey' that it feels as if I am about to strip something any minute. That said, it still DOES wind so I'm living with it but I have no doubt that it will fail at some point in the future. I can't believe that something as intricate and delicate as a watch movement will put up with so much torque being put through the crown without failing at some point. I have no idea if all of Toro's Top Guns are like this. Other than that, I love it.

To be honest mate, I wouldn't even wind the a7750, few swirls and you are all set. Actually, I don't manually wind any of my watches - except gens.

IWC Doppelchronograph

Can anyone say how the black finish is for wear and marking ?

Many Thanks

watchamatic

Only had my Top Gun for a short time but the finish hasn't shown signs of wear or marking so far.

Magic

This is still my favourite watch. No signs of marking at all and I've had it for about a year now.

My strap did snap which is the only thing that's gone wrong but the watch itself is excellent.

Benjamin26

I ordered the same watch and it looks great and the service was excellent. However the buttons on the side don't work correctly, it resets the second hand spot watch to 2, not back to 12.

This is my second watch from Toro and my second fault.

He has offered a refund.

Edited by Benjamin26