Sign in to follow this  
Luthier

New DayDate II 41mm

Luthier

Just ordered from my dealer this beauty - silver dial, stick hours markers, TT, 41mm diameter, swiss ETA, wooohooo!!!

$165 for me.

Greg... how much you'll pay to Josh?

Hehehe...

DSCN1389.jpg

DSCN1392.jpg

DSCN1394.jpg

Xyphis

SDAY THU ?

AllergyDoc
SDAY THU ?

:Drinking2:

It was on sale.

Luthier
SDAY THU ?

:Drinking2:

It was on sale.

No, it wasn't.

New DayDate 41mm just arrived to dealers, King posted it first, week later Joshua got it, next day my dealer got it.

Just I have discount, always. Because I met my dealer in GZ personally, and established great relationships.So, not only I can get any modification for my watch (dials, straps/bracelets), but I can buy (and I did!) some hard-to-find parts - crowns, bracelets, dials, not to mention every of my buys are personally inspected, waterproofed, sealed, and tuned up. And all of it - for free.

Envy, noobz...

AllergyDoc

I know. I remember.

"noobz" :Drinking2:

When I was considering buying "wholesale" from the guy Daytona4Me is buying from, ETA-class watches were selling for $140. I assume that's still about the wholesale price, so you're getting a good deal.

You have a sweet thing going with Mary. It's no wonder you buy so many watches, Luthier. :rofl: I would too.

Luthier
I know. I remember.

"noobz" :Drinking2:

When I was considering buying "wholesale" from the guy Daytona4Me is buying from, ETA-class watches were selling for $140. I assume that's still about the wholesale price, so you're getting a good deal.

You have a sweet thing going with Mary. It's no wonder you buy so many watches, Luthier. :rofl: I would too.

You can join too, I'll ask for almost same discount for you too. And same QC.

AllergyDoc

"almost"?

What am I? Chopped liver? :Drinking2:

You're a good guy.

So is the Pooh buy, despite his disgusting avi.

Poohmonster
"almost"?

What am I? Chopped liver? :Drinking2:

You're a good guy.

So is the Pooh buy, despite his disgusting avi.

Now Doc....I'm assuming you voted it in when we voted on this....it was a pretty overwhelming victory.....

greg_r

well, Luthier, it's like this... my Shenzhen contacts are going back out there next month..... :rofl:

I'm hoping that they'll be able to pick one of these up for me - if they can't, then it's a PAM113 as next choice and I might just have to get in touch with Mary :rofl:

Nice buy, though - I'm really looking forward to getting one myself :Drinking2:

Luthier
well, Luthier, it's like this... my Shenzhen contacts are going back out there next month..... :rofl:

I'm hoping that they'll be able to pick one of these up for me - if they can't, then it's a PAM113 as next choice and I might just have to get in touch with Mary :rofl:

Nice buy, though - I'm really looking forward to getting one myself :Drinking2:

Greg, the point is - if your friend going to visit SZ watch shops (watch market, like in GZ doesn't exist in SZ), he'll be able to buy cheapies only. I never saw any reps with A7750 or such a movements there. I know all watch shops in GZ and SZ, and never ever saw anything above $50-$60. Usually prices are around 250-400 yuan. I bought my YM in SZ for 380 yuan, and it's one of my favs now. Quality of cheapies now is just superb.

I'm going to GZ probably next week, let's see, how many I'll be able to bring this time. Now I have some knowledge, thanks to Forum, and will search for particular models only. No more fantasy watches.

greg_r
Greg, the point is - if your friend going to visit SZ watch shops (watch market, like in GZ doesn't exist in SZ), he'll be able to buy cheapies only. I never saw any reps with A7750 or such a movements there. I know all watch shops in GZ and SZ, and never ever saw anything above $50-$60. Usually prices are around 250-400 yuan. I bought my YM in SZ for 380 yuan, and it's one of my favs now. Quality of cheapies now is just superb.

I'm going to GZ probably next week, let's see, how many I'll be able to bring this time. Now I have some knowledge, thanks to Forum, and will search for particular models only. No more fantasy watches.

Luthier: the point is, he (actually mostly 'she' as it's the Chinese wife of a close friend who actually does the buying) isn't buying from regular dealers. They have a contact, which is how come I managed to acquire the 1:1 B&R BR02 with high-beat movement at least a month before any of our dealers were listing it.

Luthier
Luthier: the point is, he (actually mostly 'she' as it's the Chinese wife of a close friend who actually does the buying) isn't buying from regular dealers. They have a contact, which is how come I managed to acquire the 1:1 B&R BR02 with high-beat movement at least a month before any of our dealers were listing it.

Ahaaa... So, you have even better channel than me... and you hide it!!!

Triator!!

:Drinking2::rofl::rofl:

greg_r

Ahaaa... So, you have even better channel than me... and you hide it!!!

Triator!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

LOL - well, I dunno about that as they can't always get what I want. I usually give 'em a list of two or three options and if I'm lucky I'll get one of them. They don't themselves trade in watches (they're actually in the toy trade) - it's just something they do for friends occasionally - they never bring back more than two or three watches at a time. Apparently, the 'contact' they have (who, I believe, manufactures some of the toys they distribute) does business with the right people in GZ or wherever...

In return, I keep their computers running :Drinking2:

In fact, they're the culprits responsible for my renewed rep addiction - as it was seeing a fancy new Rolex on my friend's wrist last year that decided me that I wanted a new one... or fifteen, as it has turned out to be :rofl:

alphakazi

wait... what? someone on our forums getting a better deal than the next person? HANG HIM! :groucho:

greg_r
wait... what? someone on our forums getting a better deal than the next person? HANG HIM! :groucho:

Hangin's too good for 'em :groucho:

pollux1

Luthier, can your girl source a IWC "slevin" with high beat A7750? If so can you let me know the price to UK? THank you!

Luthier
Luthier, can your girl source a IWC "slevin" with high beat A7750? If so can you let me know the price to UK? THank you!

You mean Aquatimer Chrono?

Sure, no prob.

IWCCA.jpg

iabounty
SDAY THU ?

:thumbdown:

It was on sale.

"No, it wasn't" :Jumpy::thumbsup::cry::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

bene3

that daydate looks lovely.

I will consider gettinig this