Sign in to follow this  
Mikes

Too hot to handle

Crusader

Anyone figured out yet what's this about? :P

Luthier

It's simple. As OP said - item is sold out. Highly desirable model. So, we'd like to know, WHAT exactly watch is it?

Mikes

Thanks for all the thoughts, whitty, suspicious and extremely helpful too. It was going to be a "genuine" rep... my first. I nearly bought a similar one from some replica watch site before finding RWG, (and thank goodness I did, because I'm now more certain than ever that I would have been scammed.

So the better than original, too good to be true, cheap as chips, all singing all dancing, rare as hens teeth and.. "hooters" even, too hot to handle, Black Ceramic SS Datejust Sub, was going to be my first. So I'll just have to keep looking... here! :P

Edited by Mikes

vespa

Thanks for all the thoughts, whitty, suspiciousand extremely helpful too. It was going to be a "genuine" rep... my first. I nearly bought a similar one from some replica watch site before finding RWG, (and thank goodness I did, because I'm now more certain than ever that I would have been scammed.

So the better than original, too good to be true, cheap as chips, all singing all dancing, rare as hens TRUE and.. "hooters" even, To hot to handle, Black Ceramic SS Datejust Sub, was going to be my first. :P

Was it a TD on here?

Mikes

It's just so great that there's a site like RWG where I can enjoy reading all the good advice and experience... and a big relief that I can now search through the Trusted Dealers' sites here to select my first rep with confidence... So thanks to all!!

Luthier

Oh, yeah, your choice is so unique, black ceramic Sub is almost impossible to find, it's such a rare watch, that we all staying in line, begging all the dealers to source one, willing to pay triple amount for absolutely ANY black Sub... If you'll find one - please, tell us, and your name will be in Golden Book of RWG forever!!!

Gosh...

:picard:

Mikes

Good point, but unfortunately for me that's one thing that I didn't need to join this site to already know.. What I did join this site for was to be able to start a b..looming collecting addiction with the confidence, beyond the Sub thingy, that you've now given me. Thanks :)

BigBuys
:stars:

Mikes

Well anyway, I'm excited! I've just placed my first order through TD and it's going to be a green one!!

:)

Edited by Mikes

diplosa

What did just happen?!

trailboss99

It's a reasonably common turn of phrase:

Too Hot To Handle

Definition:

Difficult; hard to deal with; controversial

Example:

1) The editor thought the story about the president's girlfriend was too hot to handle, so he refused to print it.

2) The line drive was too hot to handle, and the Phillies scored on the play.

Etymology:

'Too hot to handle' comes from baseball, referring to a ball hit so hard that it can't be caught. In this phrase, 'hot' means 'lively' or 'powerful', and 'handle' means 'take care of' or 'pick up'. The phrase is now used to describe any situation that is hard to deal with or problematic.

Depending on who the dealer was it may or may not have been used in the correct context.

Mikes

I first posted this, with the intention of it simply being a light hearted look at some possible definitions and I also hoped that it would give me, as "a newbie", an idea what it may mean in the context of the reply. I very quickly realised how sensitive this kind of topic can appear, and I apologize for that because I didn't intend it to look like anything at all needing to be questioned. I'm very grateful for all definitions returned and the definitive definition, thanks trailboss99, which probably sums up exactly what the dealer was telling me. Talking about "Hooters", mentioned in an earlier post, what about the film, staring Jayne Mansfield, released over here in England as, "Too Hot To Handle", which was renamed "Play Girl After Dark" for the United States?

Luthier

Go to Section 8.

Mikes

Well Luthier... "Golden Book of RWG forever!!!" or, "Go to Section 8"?.. Hmmm?

I guess one is like Heaven (yawn), and the other... looks so much fun.. :)

powderfreak

My next gf will be too hot to handle for you folks ;)

Cyril_Clunge

Have I had a blow to the head or does this thread make no sense whatsoever?

:huh:

Luthier

No, you didn't get a blow to your head.

It will come later.

:rofl:

sconehead

...sure it wasn't hard to handle?

Luthier

One of my fav. songs.

sconehead

...this version?

...mine too...:D

Mikes

I'm so pleased that we're taking this thread seriously again!! and it's started me of on another collection.. of emoticons, which I've copying. But I haven't found out how to use them or where they come from yet... and I'm finding them a little too.. Yes! You've guessed it.. "Too hot to handle".... Any thoughts that may help?

Cyril_Clunge
148b2fa3ae19ef87bf9c28b7bd227260.jpg

Mikes

Put politely.. How do you do that?.....

onionbag

Put politely.. How do you do that?.....

You open an account at Flickr or photobucket, upload your image. Once uploaded select "share" or in the case of photobucket "img code" then copy and paste that code into your post.............your image will appear via the magic of the internetz.

scorpion

Dam I missed this thread..............

Double dam I bothered reading it all.

Still it all makes perfect sense to me

1 flames.gif