Sign in to follow this  
Merlinau

Paypal Watches: Anything known?

DKaiser Söze

I'm sorry, I seem to be getting everyone very upset and annoyed, which is/was not my intention.

You must understand that I have (in ignorance admitted) attempted to make a purchase online (paid via PayPal), and have come across the RWG site by accident subsequently.

The various things I have read have made me very anxious that I may have 'blown' over $US 300. So perhaps understandably I am trying to get some guidance.

IF I were starting at the beginning then the reading of the guidance material etc, would clearly be time well spent. But that isn't my situation.

You better make sure your PP account isn't compromised or it may be alot more than $300.

Merlinau

PS

I have contacted (and already received a reply) Lawrence of Asia (on the advice of this site) and he is looking to obtain the goods I am looking for. So RWG has already been of assistance proactively, thank you,

I now need to resolve my previous 'purchase' issue.

Yes it may be strange how people like myself come to the site AFTER a potential problem, but that's the way it went. I 'lucked into' the RWG site by accident rather than design.

onionbag

I'm afraid I don't understand your reply.

How can I compromise my Pay Pal account with a scammer?

I am simply trying to purchase a replica watch from a supplier called paypalwatches.com using PayPal.

How does this compromise anything?

Simply put. PayPal will not allow any transactions involving replica watches and may freeze your account, any funds you have will be inaccessible to you.

PayPal watches are scammers, so it follows that you will either receive nothing, or a poor quality $30 watch.

I hope this helps.

Merlinau

I'm sorry, I seem to be getting everyone very upset and annoyed, which is/was not my intention.

You must understand that I have (in ignorance admitted) attempted to make a purchase online (paid via PayPal), and have come across the RWG site by accident subsequently.

The various things I have read have made me very anxious that I may have 'blown' over $US 300. So perhaps understandably I am trying to get some guidance.

IF I were starting at the beginning then the reading of the guidance material etc, would clearly be time well spent. But that isn't my situation.

You better make sure your PP account isn't compromised or it may be alot more than $300.

There is no indication that there is anything amiss with my PayPal account that I can see, having just checked.

I presume you mean unauthorised purchases?

Balad1

We're glad to have you as a member and no one was trying to be a dick.

We do get upset when good people like you get screwed.

Contact PP and get your money back, no worries.

Welcome New Bro.

lapinobel

A small tip from someone who is just into reps for a few months : if you see 'swiss made', that means they're scammers :) No rep is 'swiss' made. None. Nada. Never.

Burnleybezel

Seconded, it gets us upset when people get scammed. I hope things workout OK.

The good news is you found RWG. Good luck hope it works out OK.

B.B.

dalboy

Welcome to the forum..

I'm not even going to get into a debate about using paypal....simply..Replica watches are counterfeit items , and as such contravene the sales rules of paypal....in short !! should you not get the watch you ordered from the scamsite.DO NOT .open a dispute with paypal..they wil FREEZE or CLOSE your a/c ......get it !!

May i suggest you take time to read the new members section , as previously said by Balad and other members..this will give you a greater understanding of how things work here..all the answers you need are here ..just read..

More importantly..when you order from a trusted dealer on our site .if for any reason there is a prob...DO NOT .!!!! contact paypal..contact one of our mods instead....

Good luck in your search ..

Dal.

rickdangerous

Before filling a PayPal claim I think you should give them time to actually ship what you ordered.

Not being a TD doesn't automatically make them scammers. It doesn't look good but at least give them a chance to prove us wrong.

Hazz

Hope you get the watch.One other thing to tell you, when and if you buy from a TD, never never mention in your PP Payment, anything about watches or brands.

Nisv

PS

I have contacted (and already received a reply) Lawrence of Asia (on the advice of this site) and he is looking to obtain the goods I am looking for. So RWG has already been of assistance proactively, thank you,

I now need to resolve my previous 'purchase' issue.

Yes it may be strange how people like myself come to the site AFTER a potential problem, but that's the way it went. I 'lucked into' the RWG site by accident rather than design.

This is not strange at all, many of the members signs up here just for this very reason, you're certainly not the first and most definitely not the last ;)

Welcome to the forum, now you're home free as long as you stick to the trusted dealers :thumbsup2:

jeffw69

But........can your Goat do this???

1339092384_goat_walks_on_front_legs.gif

Trolex

It´s strange how people find this place after they buy from potential scammers...

I've always wondered the same thing!!!

Hope you get the watch.One other thing to tell you, when and if you buy from a TD, never never mention in your PP Payment, anything about watches or brands.

Please take note of the above quote. The dealers here are trusted for a number of reasons. Having their business "together" is one of them, so don't fret that they'll mess up your order. Most of them will send quality control (QC) pictures before they mail your watch(es) anyways, so if they did happen to mess up - you can catch it!

Welcome to the nuthouse. Take some time to use the search feature, it'll be your best friend for a while if you're looking for quick answers.

wat44

I started in the fora after being scammed

dingle

Merlin--

1. Did you put anything about replica watches in the subject heading in paypal?

If yes, then there is a possibility Paypal will lock your account and the money you have in there will be held for several months while you try to clear things up

If No, then you may or may not recieve the watch you ordered. If you do, it will probably be a real piece of shit and nowhere near worth what you paid

My suggestion is to read here and hopefully a leason was learned

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=7456

kieron1968

Hi merlin,

Just to cover your own ass, I would recommend that you change your password on your PayPal.

MW1

I myself found this site after purchasing a watch from Stmichaelswatches.com. Oh I got a watch....Not the one I was looking for...In fact it is far from perfect.....Point is I found this site after same way you did.

RichardMiami

Many of us found this site after trying to buy watches from a scam site. What usually happens is that you get a crap watch at a way too high price... and you find this place and learn your lesson!

Welcome to the club.

prelude91

I'm sorry but I'm afraid these cryptic comments aren't really very helpful.

Does this mean Yes or NO.

I"m just looking for a simple straight answer?

Assume that any dealer that is not a trusted dealer here is a scam. Better safe than sorry

trailboss99

$279 for a $80 crapy sub on that site, Ouch!

Wonder why PP haven't noticed and closed them down?

LightGeek

Good luck! It's very likely that $300 watch is only of sub $100 value when purchased through the TDs here. You'll probably get "something"...

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse the brevity of this message.

Balad1

JEFF, what did you do to this poor goat's anus?

PS: Ever heard of PETA?

trailboss99

By the looks of that the poor little bugger has no use of it's back legs, they shouldn't be flopping about like that.

Regrettably it probably needed to be put down eventually.

Frankt8242

A small tip from someone who is just into reps for a few months : if you see 'swiss made', that means they're scammers :) No rep is 'swiss' made. None. Nada. Never.

Or "Italian" or any place BUT China!!

Virtually ALL normally traded replica watches are Chinese made......There are still a very few higher end FAKES made in VietNam and maybe Taiwan, but those are designed to be sold to unsuspecting tourists, and are usually Cartiers or Rolex...

Luthier

JEFF, what did you do to this poor goat's anus?

PS: Ever heard of PETA?

Ask your cat.

:rofl: