Sign in to follow this  
gioarmani

Noobfactory blue Sub compairison

gioarmani

For comparison, here's the last review on this piece:

http://www.replica-watch-guide.net/forum/i...?showtopic=3552

This is a slightly different and slightly better new-style 41mm blue cerachrom Submariner, from the noobfactory.

Overall, the craftsmanship, if you will, is a bit sharper and crisper than the one I originally got from Hont. The only thing missing is the correct glide-lock. The lugs are a bit sharper, the lume is 100 times better, with crisper dial print... anyway, have a look:

IMG_3262.jpg

One of the nicest things that stood out to me on first impression was the bezel insert--the numbers are engraved a bit deeper and really takes to the paint-mod better than my last one. The pearl and it's triangle are better looking and the insert itself clearly sits below the lip of the bezel, exactly like the gen:

IMG_3269.jpg

IMG_3265.jpg

The dial print on my previous one from Hont left a little to be desired (no offense to Hont)--the dial print was not raised at all and was printed so thin that the blue showed though the print under a loupe on the edges of the letter. here, the print is raised, nice & shiny, and quite clear:

IMG_3256.jpg

IMG_3272.jpg

IMG_3284.jpg

Typical of all blue-sub models, they lack the four gen-like engravings on the underside of the lugs, but other than that the case is nice and sharp, with a beautiful case-back that has sharp teeth, and sits flush & smoothly against the case:

IMG_3289-1.jpg

Nice CG's; same shape as the gen:

IMG_3284.jpg

IMG_3288.jpg

The band has a nice gen-like feel to it, as nice as the DSSD, for all intents and purposes. Well constructed, perfectly symmetrical clasp & buckle:

IMG_3282.jpg

The extension isn't the proper glide-lock that was on Hont's, but I guess that's a sacrifice for a better band:

IMG_3314.jpg

Fortunately, I have another band that I can swap it out with.. :)

Nice, clean movement, only gains 2 seconds per day so far!

IMG_3330.jpg

And I'm guessing this is the signature of the quality-control checker...

IMG_3334.jpg

Here's one of the nicest features about this noob-factory version...the lume. It glows like a proper re-lume with luminova. And it doesn't fade out nearly as fast as 99% of other reps. The pearl is different in color, and the lume is a bit green, but it's worth it for the glow. This particular lume--in pitch darkness (not shot out of laziness, being two in the morning)--was still visible over four hours later.

IMG_3247.jpg

IMG_3250.jpg

IMG_3261.jpg

IMG_3261.jpg

IMG_3297.jpg

IMG_3322.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

trailboss99

Great review mate. Thank's for posting.

Still not convinced about this new blue but it's growing on me.

Col.

Member X

Gnargh, why can't they get the lume right! lol

I love this, I want one :)

gioarmani

Reluming on a piece like this I don't think would be too hard.

I'm all out of blue-lume, otherwise I would have tried. This one was gifted out though.

Member X

Just to come back to this thread (sorry, I'm pining after this watch :rofl: lol) BK is offering this at $360 (Intl shipping):

http://www.rwgforum.com/topic/108604-produ...ramic-blue-sub/

Is this a good deal?

I so want it but sooo can't afford it, but I might just have to be very naughty indeed...

Silverspeed
Just to come back to this thread (sorry, I'm pining after this watch :rofl: lol) BK is offering this at $360 (Intl shipping):

Is this a good deal?

I so want it but sooo can't afford it, but I might just have to be very naughty indeed...

although the DW mod is nice I guess...it does seem rather expensive judging from the lume

P_Diddy

is BK offering this as a product he is regularly selling or just one off watches?

how much does this sell for normally with other dealers??

Just to come back to this thread (sorry, I'm pining after this watch :lol: lol) BK is offering this at $360 (Intl shipping):

Is this a good deal?

Edited by P_Diddy

Member X

Hey PD :lol:

I've ordered one of these last week! It's a regular offering by BK - he just gets someone to buy it when you ask for it so it's only a short wait. BK said it had a c. 3 week lead time so hopefully here by the end of Feb :)

I think I saw it for about $260 from Mary - but if you add $30-35 EMS that takes it up to almost $300, and I think the remaining $60 on top of that for the BK DW overlay mod is a fair price to buy and install an overlay, so I figured it was probably about the right price all in.

Rehaut engraving is out (as are all the noobmariners as I understand it) and I expect the lume will be as average as always lol but if I can get the bezel number mod done to make them a bit brighter (I think the link is is Gio's sig either here or on RWG2 but I've got them switched off so I can't remember lol) then hopefully it will look ace :)

It should be noted that the one in this thread is the older one, with the green lume and incorrect bracelet. The newer ones have the bluer lume and correct glidelock bracelet, and is in fact the one that Gio reviewed first, in the link he posted at the start of his opening post! lol He must have got old stock to have got this one after the first one he got!

Silverspeed

The blue sub is a nice rep. The bezel paint mod is easy to do yourself.

mine is from PWC with the correct glide lock clasp...if memory serve me right this is from the same factory as his Milgauss

IMG_3416kopie.jpg

Member X

Cool, I'm going to have to try the bezel mod. At least it's ceramic so should be easy to remove any mess ups!

gqllc007
Cool, I'm going to have to try the bezel mod. At least it's ceramic so should be easy to remove any mess ups!

Can anyone please send me the link to the "noobfactory"? or how do I purchase this blue sub?? I do have one coming from Hont but how do I know it is "good" like this one??

Thanks!

Member X

I think all the dealers sell the same version of this (can anyone confirm this?) so you probably have the same 'good' one! :)

gqllc007
I think all the dealers sell the same version of this (can anyone confirm this?) so you probably have the same 'good' one! :thumbsup:

Ok thanks! I did email Hont asking for the latest versions

hogspeed

Can anyone please send me the link to the "noobfactory"? or how do I purchase this blue sub?? I do have one coming from Hont but how do I know it is "good" like this one??

Thanks!

I was thinking the same thing. Can someone post a link to the Noobfactory?

trailboss99
I was thinking the same thing. Can someone post a link to the Noobfactory?

LOL, no mate. Even if I had contact details for the factory I wouldn't be posting them on a board.

You want a noobfactory watch, see either Robert (PWC) or Narikaa.

Col.